Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Saying "gg" after you win is borderline harassment and I will treat it as such now

Seriously, I want to know what goes through the minds of fuckwads that do this other than the obvious answer of being cunts. Now during my time in League of Legends I endured this shittalk for years but coming into OW now as a casual hobby that is the last fucking thing I want to ever see translate from a serious hobby. Listen, nobody ever, ever, ever enjoys losing in competitive games that suck so much time out of their day and rubbing it in like a piece of shit by saying "gg" or "gg ez" is borderline fucking harassment. Hey, how about if I played hour long matches like this...

--SNIP--

And had the fucking audacity to mock the other frustrated team? Guess what? That screen is old too, and even up to fucking Diamond II I never shittalk by saying gg or something of the sort to evade punishment by the report system. But even so, enough is enough, so from now on if I ever hear "gg" anywhere on a winning team to a losing team in my presence, I'm gonna report the people in question with description. It's the most I can do because I've had enough.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-06-01 at 04:36 AM.

GG EZ I can see being an asshole thing to do, but just normal ggs is called sportsmanship. Of course, we can't know what tone the intend, but people will be shitbags and say shitbag things to each other regardless of the phrase.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

7+ Year Old Account
    ...this is a repeat of Jaylock trollbait thread...

See: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s?highlight=gg (searched GG, as in link)
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Hey OP, your wrong. Simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Seriously, I want to know what goes through the minds of fuckwads that do this other than the obvious answer of being cunts. Now during my time in League of Legends I endured this shittalk for years but coming into OW now as a casual hobby that is the last fucking thing I want to ever see translate from a serious hobby. Listen, nobody ever, ever, ever enjoys losing in competitive games that suck so much time out of their day and rubbing it in like a piece of shit by saying "gg" or "gg ez" is borderline fucking harassment. Hey, how about if I played hour long matches like this...

--SNIP--

And had the fucking audacity to mock the other frustrated team? Guess what? That screen is old too, and even up to fucking Diamond II I never shittalk by saying gg or something of the sort to evade punishment by the report system. But even so, enough is enough, so from now on if I ever hear "gg" anywhere on a winning team to a losing team in my presence, I'm gonna report the people in question with description. It's the most I can do because I've had enough.
    You seem like a real sensitive guy. It's just a game dude. Don't get so worked up.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-06-01 at 04:36 AM.

You should go to your safe space, curl up into a fetal ball, and cry for a while.

Deleted
    I can stand people saying Gg and what not.

What gets to me, is the sheer audacity and stupidity that other humans are, in ranked phenomenons of games.

Be that DoTa, or League. I have about 1.5k hours in DOTA 2 and 3.4k games in league, so.

But yeah, People are dumb shits who say shit things because they think it's fun. It's exhilirating, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    This

oh and.. GG

Gamers these days are borderline pussies and I will treat them as such now.

You should stop posting troll posts and copying other threads.

borderline harassment? someones Safe space bubble has been Popped!

10+ Year Old Account
    GG / thread

Guise I cant take games because people say GG to me. Guise can you please not say GG? Okay thats it im telling mommy. GG

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    GG EZ I can see being an asshole thing to do, but just normal ggs is called sportsmanship. Of course, we can't know what tone the intend, but people will be shitbags and say shitbag things to each other regardless of the phrase.
    No it definitely became not sportsmanship a long time ago. Typing out an actual sentence that is sincere is sportsmanship. Most people who say gg are saying it douchily. Just like people who would spam the emotes in hearthstone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    his wrong? What did he wrong? Who did he wrong?

is it some secret plot with his family having wronged him, and now he has to regain his honor?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    No it definitely became not sportsmanship a long time ago. Typing out an actual sentence that is sincere is sportsmanship. Most people who say gg are saying it douchily. Just like people who would spam the emotes in hearthstone.
    gg wp after moba games is standard

I've always reported people saying easy after winning, thats not cool. Saying GG however i do myself after every game, be it loss or win.

I forgot to add if the other team is in mutual agreement of a good game, then it's fine. But when there's no such thing or you've possibly won 5v4 in League or never lost any obj in OW and say "gg" publicly over a game the whole other team did not enjoy 1 bit I know the intent there.

End of a sports match, shaking hand(s) with the person/team that lost = "gg"

Showboating prior to match end = "gg ez"

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    K. If random arbitraries are how you quantify how "sincere" someone is being, then whatever helps you sleep at night.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I forgot to add if the other team is in mutual agreement of a good game, then it's fine. But when there's no such thing or you've possibly won 5v4 in League or never lost any obj in OW and say "gg" publicly over a game the whole other team did not enjoy 1 bit I know the intent there.
    People are cunts. But there are worse. Trust me, there is far worse.

Best thing you can do, is view them as cunts and leave it at that. Don't give them the fucking energy of your day. Not worth it, man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    K. If random arbitraries are how you quantify how "sincere" someone is being, then whatever helps you sleep at night.
    When it's obvious that everyone involved knows that you won brutally, cuz the enemy is 4 and you are 5, it is rude to GG.

But i don't think _you_ are being sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by svettleif View Post
    I've always reported people saying easy after winning, thats not cool. Saying GG however i do myself after every game, be it loss or win.
    reporting people that say ez after a fight/duel is only going too be doing 1 thing, getting you banned for misusing the report button because your ego is damaged. they're pixelated lines on a screen, get over it.

GG before you've won annoys me a bit. But then there's delicious retribution when you pull it back and beat them, so its a double edged sword.

I do wish you could just mute everyone in games though. Sometimes I just want to play without any social interaction with my opponants.