Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Dude I don't think anybody, well, sane, is saying order halls are garrisons copypasted 100% exactly. The concern is the hated features of garrisons, despite, quite literally, years of feedback, are carrying on to Legion for god knows why.

My question to you all is that why did we need to have this? Why not scrap garrisons completely and go back to the drawing board? Garrisons, apart from Cataclysm, is the most hated feature in the entirety of WoW's life, no doubt, so why did we have to have another expansion centraling around this...idea...Why couldn't we get anything new?
    Exactly, people hated garrisons as a whole, making a minimal change to followers as some people keep believing is not gonna change anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Sorry but everybody are saying COH = Garrison because you saw itmlvl + follower and your brain went shit, every single thread about COH have this pattern.
    I don't think it's that, it's more the fact that the concept is exactly the same.

Dude I don't think anybody, well, sane, is saying order halls are garrisons copypasted 100% exactly. The concern is the hated features of garrisons, despite, quite literally, years of feedback, are carrying on to Legion for god knows why.

My question to you all is that why did we need to have this? Why not scrap garrisons completely and go back to the drawing board? Garrisons, apart from Cataclysm, is the most hated feature in the entirety of WoW's life, no doubt, so why did we have to have another expansion centraling around this...idea...Why couldn't we get anything new?

My thoughts summarized: Why can't we get nice things?
    Most hated? really? can you provide us some paper o research where we can actually see that garrison is at least hated by 70% of player base? or you are just talking about mmo c?
    Last edited by Ehuehuecopter; 2016-06-01 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    Nightmares of stacks of level 615 item upgrades for followers return once again.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

My thoughts summarized: Why can't we get nice things?
    They did. We got an order hall?
    Yeah yeah I'm being a smartass about it. But there's an emotional pain that clouds many players, maybe you too, about what's so reviled about the garrison's systems. It's not that the garrison itself is bad, but that the game outside of the garrison felt empty, or just worse.
    When taking a laser focus at the the mission table, it's easy for the trauma to come back. But realize that sitting at the table means you're not out there doing world quests or farming resources. The order hall isn't doing that for you. The garrison did, and much more efficiently than players could.

So like, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    I don't think it's that, it's more the fact that the concept is exactly the same.
    WOD : Follower doing stuff for you

Legion : Follower and Troops(that die) doing stuff for you and give back quest item for starting a quest, like the one for thickheart

mhh

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Followers will once again have item levels once they reach max level of 110 within your class order hall.

Source: Elvine

I'm curious to see what people's reactions are to this. Personally, I think anything that resembles garrisons is a step in a wrong direction.

The fact that they have things in Legion, that no matter how 'different', look so blatantly like the Garrisons UI, means they have not learned how truly epic they failed with Garrisons at all. I am starting to doubt sincerely whether I should come back for Legion, or just let the game go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Most hated? really? can you provide us some paper o research where we cant actually see that garrison is at least hated by 70% of player base? or you are just talking about mmo c?
    Sure just look at the feature that has the most complaints in legion atm, tadaa class halls, because it reminds everyone of garrison.

most complaints = 5 tard lord on mmo c?

because i remember also complain about Artifacts "HURR DURR ALL WITH ASHBRINGER DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

complain about no flying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    You do, but you have to actually play them which sucks.
    So you need to play your alts to make them powerful. You can ni longer just reach level cap, do a LFR and be just as powerful as anyone else. What a shame... / sarcasm.

I LOVE legion just for that one feature. It is how it should be - time invested= more power. And after you got all artifact traits, you can begin on your alts
    I always hated the "congratulation you reached level cap, you can now rush content" and then complain about there is nothing to do.
    The artifact helps you feeling that you achieve something for a longer period of time. World quest helps you to get out in the open world. Longer progression + more open world content - and amazing dungeons, with different challenge mode ensures that there are content for everyone - not only raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    You do, but you have to actually play them which sucks.
    Oh no, you have to play the characters you want to play. The world is coming to an end!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    They did. We got an order hall?
    Yeah yeah I'm being a smartass about it. But there's an emotional pain that clouds many players, maybe you too, about what's so reviled about the garrison's systems. It's not that the garrison itself is bad, but that the game outside of the garrison felt empty, or just worse.
    When taking a laser focus at the the mission table, it's easy for the trauma to come back. But realize that sitting at the table means you're not out there doing world quests or farming resources. The order hall isn't doing that for you. The garrison did, and much more efficiently than players could.

So like, get over it.
    First of all: Dude you have a "LFR and other matchmaking tools. How they're both bad and necessary for today's WoW." link in your sig., I don't think you're qualified to tell anybody to get over something.

Secondly: Yes, garrisons, as a feature, was emotionally scarring (somebody think of the children!), maybe not in a I got DPed by two black dudes in prison way but it -did- leave a scar both in WoW's history and in its players' gaming history.

My question is: For an example, WHY DO WE HAVE THE SAME INTERFACE?? Why couldn't they just make some nifty new interface at least, just so we can put garrisons behind us but no, you have the same goddamn interface and I bet my left kidney that the expansion after Legion - however Order Halls are received - will have some sort of garrison too and it will have the same interface (You can sig this and come back to me three years from now, I am that sure at this point)

Back to my initial question: Why can't we have nice things? Why can't we just leave garrisons...behind?

Deleted
    "I don't like this feature so it shouldn't be in the game."

/yawn, change the record please.

Meanwhile there are players out there willing to give this a second chance. They've made a lot of improvements over the WoD system, but let's just ignore that because "GARRISONS 2.0!!!" sounds so much edgier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    The fact that they have things in Legion, that no matter how 'different', look so blatantly like the Garrisons UI, means they have not learned how truly epic they failed with Garrisons at all. I am starting to doubt sincerely whether I should come back for Legion, or just let the game go.
    It'd probably be worth your time to check things out and see if the table is the Legion "centerpiece" you think it is.

Missions dont offer as much gold nor have a large use after the lvl 108 missions.

First of all: Dude you have a "LFR and other matchmaking tools. How they're both bad and necessary for today's WoW." link in your sig., I don't think you're qualified to tell anybody to get over something.

Secondly: Yes, garrisons, as a feature, was emotionally scarring (somebody think of the children!), maybe not in a I got DPed by two black dudes in prison way but it -did- leave a scar both in WoW's history and in its players' gaming history.

My question is: For an example, WHY DO WE HAVE THE SAME INTERFACE?? Why couldn't they just make some nifty new interface at least, just so we can put garrisons behind us but no, you have the same goddamn interface and I bet my left kidney that the expansion after Legion - however Order Halls are received - will have some sort of garrison too and it will have the same interface (You can sig this and come back to me three years from now, I am that sure at this point)

Back to my initial question: Why can't we have nice things? Why can't we just leave garrisons...behind?

1 - at least click on the link...sigh

2 - drama

You seems to be fossilized on your idea so cant really help you man, just get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Oh no, you have to play the characters you want to play. The world is coming to an end!
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    So you need to play your alts to make them powerful. You can ni longer just reach level cap, do a LFR and be just as powerful as anyone else. What a shame... / sarcasm.

I LOVE legion just for that one feature. It is how it should be - time invested= more power. And after you got all artifact traits, you can begin on your alts
    I always hated the "congratulation you reached level cap, you can now rush content" and then complain about there is nothing to do.
    The artifact helps you feeling that you achieve something for a longer period of time. World quest helps you to get out in the open world. Longer progression + more open world content - and amazing dungeons, with different challenge mode ensures that there are content for everyone - not only raiders.
    My comment was also sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should watch it. Or read it, before judging my credibility. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-rant-analysis

Again, was it the garrison being a bad system, or that it was a superior system to gameplay outside of it?

What would you suggest as a better or more engaging interface?

At least focus your attention on the mission table. It's just about the only thing left (aside from work orders being used to develop cooking recipes, which I detest). The way I read your ranting, using the incorrect terms makes you look short sighted and emotionally charged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    Missions dont offer as much gold nor have a large use after the lvl 108 missions.
    gold missions offer +300 with the bonus, i'd say that's plenty when you can have multiple up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It is exactly like garrisons for the most part.
    Well, yes. Yes, it is. The mission table, followers, item level gearing of them; none of it is any different.

The argument, of course, is that it plays nothing like your garrison. But then why are these things involved? Why is there a gating mechanism in the... Ah, right. I answered my own question.

"Gating mechanism".

Garrisons were a failure. Blizzard are aware of that, as Hazzikostas himself stated it pretty clearly. Sadly, they're not done with gating content and that's all these systems achieve. But so what? Who cares about a bit of gating?

Well, I do. Why do they feel gating is necessary?

Given the content we've gotten since the Siege of Orgrimmar, I think most people can figure out the answer to that pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I feel like they aren't learning from their mistakes. Do they not realise no one wants this mission crap? We want content, we want to DO things ourselves...
    If they were to answer this, it'd be "you think you dislike them, but you don't". No kidding, that's their default stance on everything. They know better, the forums aren't representative, all that jazz in order to reuse what they already have coded and just plain do little.