Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    And? If you're in the beta you should already feel how there's a night and day difference between Garrisons and Order Halls. Most relevant Order Hall missions require you to go out and do stuff instead of your followers. The fact that they'll receive item levels doesn't change a thing.
    This I hardly even Visit my hall, only to upgrade and get Class quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I feel like they aren't learning from their mistakes. Do they not realise no one wants this mission crap? We want content, we want to DO things ourselves...
    Really how can somebody read this comment without sweating?

"no on wants" are you stupid?

"we want content" are you stupid?

"we want to do thing ourselves" sigh..are you...sigh

Win a giveaway and test plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post

I'm curious to see what people's reactions are to this. Personally, I think anything that resembles garrisons is a step in a wrong direction.
    I think that's a totally silly thing to say. Ooh, garrisons, the worst thing since the Holocaust, the crucifixion of Jesus and the Armenian genocide. We must categorically hate everything that is mentioned in the same sentence with them and let everone know, at all times.

So stupid, this whole garrison whine. People are so butthurt with themselves about it, just going off without any logic or reason.

Hey, followers can level! Slightly more depth to a feature - TERRIBLE! Yeah that makes total sense.

VERY glad to see blizzard is learning from their mistakes.

I feel like they aren't learning from their mistakes. Do they not realise no one wants this mission crap? We want content, we want to DO things ourselves...
    worlds quests, challenge modes ? aren't there also some sort of daily quests to grind those reputations ?

i mean i don't see what else you can do by yourself, you can only grind in this game, so all the new content will be some sort of grind. even if this grind is doing 2-3 missions table per day which takes 30s to do, and it gives you literally free (and useful) stuff, for 30s of clicking here n there.

or like i said earlier, you can do worlds quests, which will surely take most of your time alongside dungeons and raid or bgs and arenas. (or both why not)

to sum it up

the content to do in wod: garrison table missions, raids, mythic dungeon if gear not fully upgraded

the content to do in legion: table missions, raids/dungeons, worlds quests, (reputations, artifacts) <-- granted these 2 aren't for the whole xpac, but there's still more, considering challenges mode infinitely scales, and assuming will be more dungeons throughout the expansion, even more challenge mode.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been on the beta for the past week or so, but in my last full playthrough, I all but ignored the table, and didn't notice a thing.
    Funny enough, a lot of players don't realize that's how the wod mission table was as well - purely optional. That's why I liked it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    looks good to me, I enjoyed Garrisons so followers continuing in Legion is sweet.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    I think the point is that follower ilvl is yet one more thing that was cloned from WoD garrisons, there is literally no difference with garrisons/class halls anymore at this point.
    I think the trouble you're running into is saying that there is no difference because of the things they cloned from garrisons, when there is a difference because of the things they didn't.

Class order halls provide some of the gameplay people a lot of people liked (like bodyguards and special zone abilities) without the things a lot of people didn't like (never leaving garrison, needing to maintain 10 alts for cash flow/resources/gear etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    worlds quests, challenge modes ? aren't there also some sort of daily quests to grind those reputations ?

i mean i don't see what else you can do by yourself, you can only grind in this game, so all the new content will be some sort of grind. even if this grind is doing 2-3 missions table per day which takes 30s to do, and it gives you literally free (and useful) stuff, for 30s of clicking here n there.

or like i said earlier, you can do worlds quests, which will surely take most of your time alongside dungeons and raid or bgs and arenas. (or both why not)

to sum it up

the content to do in wod: garrison table missions, raids, mythic dungeon if gear not fully upgraded

the content to do in legion: table missions, raids/dungeons, worlds quests, (reputations, artifacts) <-- granted these 2 aren't for the whole xpac, but there's still more, considering challenges mode infinitely scales, and assuming will be more dungeons throughout the expansion, even more challenge mode.
    Are you seriously comparing the end of WoD to start of Legion, talk about delusions, how about we compare the start of WoD to Legion isntead.

Yet you ignore the fact that there was a lot to do in the start of WoD, dailies/reps etc all the same shit you listed for legion, eventually all that will be either done or outdated, leaving you with the same thing as WoD.

and then assuming there will be more dungeons later? this is your argument for "content"? that's like saying yeh were going to get 5 more dungeons and a raid in WoD so thees content! how about you stop making things up.
    Last edited by mmocf8a5cc7d0f; 2016-06-01 at 08:50 AM.

World Quest scaling gear, enough to shit on top of wod early and late game

also lol @ wod rep, with no interesting gear, i had better equip doing CM daily o Invasion

Deleted
    Same thing can be said about Legion reps, so i guess they don't qualify as content either in your eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously comparing the end of WoD to start of Legion, talk about delusions, how about we compare the start of WoD to Legion isntead.

Yet you ignore the fact that there was a lot to do in the start of WoD, dailies/reps etc all the same shit you listed for legion, eventually all that will be either done or outdated, leaving you with the same thing as WoD.
    I disagree. It was easy to telegraph a character's profession growth in WoD after calculating work orders and daily cooldowns, and this didn't require much gameplay at all.
    WoD reputations involved mostly cosmetic rewards, and there were little to no "dailies," just assault objectives tied to said reps and garrison stuff.
    Out the gate, apexis rewards were laughed at for the time it took to purchase a single item as opposed to crafting or raiding In the end, table table table.

But this's an over-analysis. Of course players will run out of content. That's sorta how things happen, outside of player-created activities. But you didn't address the point I made regarding the order hall not replacing professions.
    Last edited by SoulSoBreezy; 2016-06-01 at 08:56 AM. Reason: words

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    I think the trouble you're running into is saying that there is no difference because of the things they cloned from garrisons, when there is a difference because of the things they didn't.

Class order halls provide some of the gameplay people a lot of people liked (like bodyguards and special zone abilities) without the things a lot of people didn't like (never leaving garrison, needing to maintain 10 alts for cash flow/resources/gear etc).
    But that's a problem, because if they just say that class order halls are a small subset of garrisons (which they are), then they stop being a big and sexy bullet list item on the already small list of features of Legion.

There's certainly nothing wrong in not doing garrisons again, and it's perhaps fine to do parts of it that make sense (not saying whether missions table are OK as a feature, let's assume they are), the real problem is that class order halls are supposed to be that big and interesting thing with engaging gameplay and in reality they are just a repeat of a few things from garrisons. They are both small and uninteresting.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-06-01 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    Really how can somebody read this comment without sweating?

"no on wants" are you stupid?

"we want content" are you stupid?

"we want to do thing ourselves" sigh..are you...sigh

Win a giveaway and test plz.
    Nice insults mate, you are like a 2y kid who loses and goes crying in a corner with hands on hes ears. Keep it up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I disagree. It was easy to telegraph a character's profession growth in WoD after calculating work orders and daily cooldowns, and this didn't require much gameplay at all.
    WoD reputations involved mostly cosmetic rewards, and there were little to no "dailies," just assault objectives tied to said reps and garrison stuff.
    Out the gate, apexis rewards were laughed at for the time it took to purchase a single item as opposed to crafting or raiding In the end, table table table.

But this's an over-analysis. Of course players will run out of content. That's sorta how things happen, outside of player-created activities. But you didn't address the point I made regarding the order hall not replacing professions.
    As far as i know your right there aren't some tedious work orders for main professions that we know of, but there is one already for cooking. And that's a good thing for sure, but i don't feel like that's "enough" to not make Class halls feel like garrison 2.0

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as i know your right there aren't some tedious work orders for main professions that we know of, but there is one already for cooking. And that's a good thing for sure, but i don't feel like that's "enough" to not make Class halls feel like garrison 2.0
    IMO alert -
    I don't think that the whole class hall vs garrison thing is much of a thing. At all.
    The garrison was two major things -

an all in one system that rewarded players with very minimal gameplay
    and sadly, a superior, more efficient avenue to develop professions and obtain gold and other resources.

When put up against an expansion that many players feel was a weak delivery, the garrison would naturally be put up as the face of the enemy, alongside other fun phrases like "selfie patch".
    Once the emotions are set aside, I could make a pretty compelling argument that while players can call the order hall "garrison 2.0," it's only that in name, because the order hall doesn't feature anything that resembles the two qualities I listed above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    But that's a problem, because if they just say that class order halls are a small subset of garrisons (which they are), then they stop being a big and sexy bullet list item on the already small list of features of Legion.

There's certainly nothing wrong in not doing garrisons again, and it's perhaps fine to do parts of it that make sense (not saying whether missions table are OK as a feature, let's assume they are), the real problem is that class order halls are supposed to be that big and interesting thing with engaging gameplay and in reality they are just a repeat of a few things from garrisons. They are both small and uninteresting.
    Wasn't that the idea though, that the mission table was *not* to be the big feature Blizzard wants players to be so invested in?

Will give it a chance. I think it will be a bit more tolerable if it's a side thing rather than the only content available outside raids. I do however fear that the world event stuff (bounties or whatever) will fast become irrelevant as gear from mythic 5 mans rolls in leaving us once again with only garrison missions to do from 4 weeks into the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    IMO alert -
    I don't think that the whole class hall vs garrison thing is much of a thing. At all.
    The garrison was two major things -

an all in one system that rewarded players with very minimal gameplay
    and sadly, a superior, more efficient avenue to develop professions and obtain gold and other resources.

When put up against an expansion that many players feel was a weak delivery, the garrison would naturally be put up as the face of the enemy, alongside other fun phrases like "selfie patch".
    Once the emotions are set aside, I could make a pretty compelling argument that while players can call the order hall "garrison 2.0," it's only that in name, because the order hall doesn't feature anything that resembles the two qualities I listed above.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't that the idea though, that the mission table was *not* to be the big feature Blizzard wants players to be so invested in?
    I'm worried mostly about the direction blizzard is taking, if you think back in to the start of WoD, garrison didn't really award you with much at all. Were already seeing that you can farm AP and Gold pretty easily in the Class Halls, with minimal effort and i feel like as the expansion goes on, the rewards are just going to get bigger and bigger like they did in WoD.

Don't care, never had a major problem with Garrisons but then again I never bothered to do much with them on alts, so never got that amount of burnout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Followers will once again have item levels once they reach max level of 110 within your class order hall.

Source: Elvine

I'm curious to see what people's reactions are to this. Personally, I think anything that resembles garrisons is a step in a wrong direction.
    i liked them, they are fun, but people could just be dolls and stop QQing over the optional content, they've already stated there's only a few tied to artifacts and once you're done just let it go :3

No guys class order halls are not garrisons! There are order halls followers and not garrison followers! There are order halls campaign quests and not garrison campaign quests! You have to equip the followers for ilvl but you use order halls stuff to upgrade not garrison stuff! There are mandatory quests (that require full leveled followers) needed to upgrade your artifact but thats totally not the same thing as garrisons because you needed them for your legendary ring instead! There are .... ahhh fuck this I give up

Yes im playing the beta and yes class order halls suck just like garrisons suck.