Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Commonplace opinions here by some. The underlying motive of gay pride parade events is actually to challenge heteronormativity. Cultural space is neutral, but over the many centuries of civilizational life, it has been set on a track to become more heteronormative. This can and has acted as a societal constraint for gay communities, invoking in them a notion of being 'other' and different. Once occupied by homosexual individuals however, the world becomes fluid rather than static and subject to the sexualities acting upon it. Much like the tenets of feminism nowadays are no longer just "liberation of women" or "de-oppressing the Second Sex", gay rights movements play a vital role in raising awareness of otherness, with its ultimate goal being to increase the quality of peaceful co-existence of people from different cultural, racial, sexual and whatnot backgrounds.

Pride Parade is also, however, an expression of intersectionality, meaning that certain types of LGBT individuals or groups may dominate the event, whilst other queers appear marginalised. The media covers the people in the parade as a united body of people, however we must not forget that in a lot of cases these people who walk side by side to each other in the streets may only have one thing in common - their sexuality. Sexuality is but one aspect of a multifarious character each of us has. Which is exactly the underlying motif of the parade - we are all different. So, in a lot of ways it also already celebrates heterosexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I see what you did there don't mind all the pussies and nerds QQ'ing here.
    I do try to take it all with a grain of salt (and knowing that most people now-a-days can be triggered with a simple fart thrown in their general direction.)

Deleted
    why don't we just get rid of all the sexuality pride/gender/skin colour days and just make an "equality" day?

Quote Originally Posted by Metzindown View Post
    Awwwww! Cmon m8, you gotta give me more cred than that, otherwise I'm just a short chav wiff ma mid-sextion showin'!
    So, how's life with erectile dysfunction? Must be strange, and kinda tough, suffering from it at your age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Parading for nothing is dumb, bi, gay, hetero etc etc... Don't think a parade is needed for being a person, and this idea is.. meh.. Fishy..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Commonplace opinions here by some. The underlying motive of gay pride parade events is actually to challenge heteronormativity. Cultural space is neutral, but over the many centuries of civilizational life, it has been set on a track to become more heteronormative. This can and has acted as a societal constraint for gay communities, invoking in them a notion of being 'other' and different. Once occupied by homosexual individuals however, the world becomes fluid rather than static and subject to the sexualities acting upon it. Much like the tenets of feminism nowadays are no longer just "liberation of women" or "de-oppressing the Second Sex", gay rights movements play a vital role in raising awareness of otherness, with its ultimate goal being to increase the quality of peaceful co-existence of people from different cultural, racial, sexual and whatnot backgrounds.

Pride Parade is also, however, an expression of intersectionality, meaning that certain types of LGBT individuals or groups may dominate the event, whilst other queers appear marginalised. The media covers the people in the parade as a united body of people, however we must not forget that in a lot of cases these people who walk side by side to each other in the streets may only have one thing in common - their sexuality. Sexuality is but one aspect of a multifarious character each of us has. Which is exactly the underlying motif of the parade - we are all different. So, in a lot of ways it also already celebrates heterosexuality.
    You're KEEPING ME AWAKE!! But really , pride parades are no way to bring something into the "normal" scope of things because by it being in existence,and drawing an unnatural amount of attention to itself makes it in effect...not natural. Especially when you have half naked males parading around as something they will never be genetically and also visa versa. The point of my post is thus, (to all those still quibbling about the true meaning) stop worrying whether or not everyone else accepts you for who you are, and worry more about if YOU accept you for who you are. If you are someone who infringes on the rights of others, or seeks to force you view of how things should be (meaning by death or imprisonment, or the removal of freedom of speech) then you are a bad person. But if you truly want to help others, and care not for their sexual orientation or the color of their skin then you are the human that we need to move forward. Remember this...if you have to force others to think as you do, you're probably wrong.
    Last edited by Metzindown; 2016-06-01 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Just report and move on, folks.
    So why report this, but not this?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20744955020

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So why report this, but not this?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20744955020
    Hmm, I dunno. But at a guess I would say that reporting that thread would not do much good because it is on a different web site and it was locked 14 hours ago.

Homosexuality is entirely natural, it has been observed and documented in several other species.

Get the hell over it already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metzindown View Post
    You're KEEPING ME AWAKE!! But really , pride parades are no way to bring something into the "normal" scope of things because by it being in existence,and drawing an unnatural amount of attention to itself makes it in effect...not natural. Especially when you have half naked males parading around as something they will never be genetically and also visa versa. The point of my post is thus, (to all those still quibbling about the true meaning) stop worrying whether or not everyone else accepts you for who you are, and worry more about if YOU accept you for who you are. If you are someone who infringes on the rights of others, or seeks to force you view of how things should be (meaning by death or imprisonment, or the removal of freedom of speech) then you are a bad person. But if you truly want to help others, and care not for their sexual orientation or the color of their skin then you are the human that we need to move forward. Remember this...if you have to force others to think as you do, you're probably wrong.
    You have to realize LGBT people themselves actually criticize the parades for expressing elements that are actually in no way as prevalent among the community as they are made out to be. But flamboyant acts and clothing is what catches attention. And each year there are countless new individuals who want to get spotted by the camera and be shown on TV so the flamboyant elements of the parade actually reproduce themselves despite the disapproval of the majority of the contingent. Do not mistake the most efflorescent minority for the whole community. There is a lot more to the dynamics of the gay rights movement than meets the eye.

Also, noone is forcing anyone. The flamboyance of the parades can implicitly come off as hostility towards a perfectly fine heterosexual lifestyle, but again, the efflorescence of the parades is the most widely portrayed element of the parades. But very few people among the community approve of it. It is but a piece that protrudes.

How is this sort of obvious bait post even allowed? Let alone as a WoW thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    You have to realize LGBT people themselves actually criticize the parades for expressing elements that are actually in no way as prevalent among the community as they are made out to be. But flamboyant acts and clothing is what catches attention. And each year there are countless new individuals who want to get spotted by the camera and be shown on TV so the flamboyant elements of the parade actually reproduce themselves despite the disapproval of the majority of the contingent. Do not mistake the most efflorescent minority for the whole community. There is a lot more to the dynamics of the gay rights movement than meets the eye.

Also, noone is forcing anyone. The flamboyance of the parades can implicitly come off as hostility towards a perfectly fine heterosexual lifestyle, but again, the efflorescence of the parades is the most widely portrayed element of the parades. But very few people among the community approve of it. It is but a piece that protrudes.
    Some homosexuals are homophobic themselves towards those who have a different way of expressing their homosexuality. Milo Yiannopoulos is such person for example.
    It's just a celebration. Nothing more, nothing less. It's simply about accepting others who make different choices in life that don't harm anyone.
    I am gay myself. I wouldn't choose to express my sexuality through drag, but I have nothing but respect for those who make that choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can fight racism with counter-racism. By the same token I don't think you can fight heterophobia with homophobia... therefore, I can't support the concept of a "hetero pride" parade. To me, being hetero or homo is nothing to take "pride" in. I was raised to take pride in accomplishments, not states-of-being.

10+ Year Old Account
    One, sexuality threads are forbidden and that is where this is going, and two, please don't start threads meant to get reactions from people like this. Disrupting the forum is a problem.