Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    There is no point in randomly spamming your shots in general direction of Torbjorn who has Lucio running around him. Yeah, there are ways to deal pointless damage
    Did you look at the eliminations? Do you understand that they're kills in which I was a part of, and which may not have ended up in the death of the character being attacked had it not been for my damage? Does this little point escape you? If I deal, let's say 30% of the damage on someone and get an elimination, it's pretty goddamn significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No, he isn't.
    Yes, he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Bad ones, perhaps. Good ones blow up the mech mid-flight because...hey, why not. Same with Winston, I have to butt-jump because leaping at or near some of them just results in headshots to my face and being dead as soon as I land.

Widowmaker is the only character that I can honestly say throws me for a loop when I run into a really good one. Other people in my group have been calling hacks a lot, but I don't like jumping on that bandwagon. Still, the regularity with which some of them just rattle off one headshot after another even against flying/launching/etc players is startling.

Then again, I tried her the other day (I don't play her, or at least very rarely) and it did seem like the shots were very forgiving sometimes. One minute I'd miss a few shots, and the next I'd just be on a highlight reel of popping people off left and right, and I'm NOT a very good sniper. So who knows. Some people might just be THAT good.
    Ah, when you face a good widow maker and you spend more time running back to the fight than you actually spend fighting...
    And yeah, there are some people who are amazingly good at sniping, just like there are some people who are able to leap through four defenders, roll the basketball beneath one leg and slam the basketball into the hoop and make it look effortless. Most people can't do that, but there are some really gifted people out there who make it look easy because they have extreme spacial awareness and amazing athletic skills.

I have been forcing myself to play characters in random group games that I usually don't play like snipers but after putting some effort into it I am sure there are people out there that thought my aim was -waaaaay- too accurate, but they don't see me missing in their death cam, just then insta-dying.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad ones, perhaps. Good ones blow up the mech mid-flight because...hey, why not. Same with Winston, I have to butt-jump because leaping at or near some of them just results in headshots to my face and being dead as soon as I land.

Widowmaker is the only character that I can honestly say throws me for a loop when I run into a really good one. Other people in my group have been calling hacks a lot, but I don't like jumping on that bandwagon. Still, the regularity with which some of them just rattle off one headshot after another even against flying/launching/etc players is startling.
    Winston at least has a chance at forcing Widowmaker to reposition since he doesn't really miss, can chase her around and she won't burst his shield down. She'll probably grapple away after getting zapped a bit and headshot him if he stays in for too long, but at least he's a legitimate threat.

With D.Va, it's just sad. She'll boost into place and present her huge "Crit Me!" spot for extra damage. Worse, she can't chase at all once she starts firing and her damage falloff is insane. Against Widowmakers that aren't paralyzed, it might be better to get the mecha killed and try to finish them with pistol. At least she can actually move with that thing so there's a tiny chance of getting few lucky headshots.

In theory, her mobility sounds like great sniper hunter, in practice... yeah. I assume she was heavily nerfed at some point in closed beta and that's the result.

Well it'd be a damn good Widowmaker who shot my mech down through defence matrix :P

Once you get to her position you knock her back with your body and pound on her, unless you're at low HP she's dead or retreated before she can do any significant damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    With D.Va, it's just sad. She'll boost into place and present her huge "Crit Me!" spot for extra damage. Worse, she can't chase at all once she starts firing and her damage falloff is insane. Against Widowmakers that aren't paralyzed, it might be better to get the mecha killed and try to finish them with pistol. At least she can actually move with that thing so there's a tiny chance of getting few lucky headshots.

In theory, her mobility sounds like great sniper hunter, in practice... yeah. I assume she was heavily nerfed at some point in closed beta and that's the result.
    Um, what kind of trash D.Vas are you facing lol? Who apparently don't use their def matrix while boosting into your sniper nest? Can't chase? Her boost has a much shorter CD than your grapple. You're dead meat if I catch you on D.Va :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Um, what kind of trash D.Vas are you facing lol? Who apparently don't use their def matrix while boosting into your sniper nest? Can't chase? Her boost has a much shorter CD than your grapple. You're dead meat if I catch you on D.Va :P
    Probably he is talking about people who can't aim for the life and miss point-blank shots thanks to their 15 sensitivity for leet 360 noscopes for cod or whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

So I know Genji can reflect ultimates, but at what point into the ultimate can he reflect? I know Zarya's before it actually makes it to the target but what about Hanzo's and anyone elses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    So I know Genji can reflect ultimates, but at what point into the ultimate can he reflect? I know Zarya's before it actually makes it to the target but what about Hanzo's and anyone elses?
    Before the arrow becomes double dragon you can deflect it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e20-xxjGTK4 I posted this in a different thread but its good for everyone to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Seems a little outdated, for example in the video Bastion still has the shield in turret mode (which apparently stops deflection from damaging Bastion) which of course is not the case in live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Seems a little outdated, for example in the video Bastion still has the shield in turret mode (which apparently stops deflection from damaging Bastion) which of course is not the case in live.
    Yeh it is from last year before the Bastion change when the beta came back up in feb but it still gives you all the ults, abilities and weapons which can be deflected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Sitting at level 42 and running into a bit of fatigue after playing quite a bit(at least for me) since launch. Gonna take it easy till they add the first content patch later this month. Enjoying the game and for the most part the community has been great.

Currently level 57 and I'm sat here at work because I didn't take the full week off like my mates who are now level 65!

Highlights so far:

49 eliminations as Junkrat on Nepal.
    28 player kill streak as Reaper defending Anubis.
    20 player steak as Winston on Kings Row.
    34 eliminations as Lucio on Numbani.
    But my best game was on Lijiang Gardens as Genji, 35 eliminations and a 21 player kill streak.

Highest level I've seen so far was 91.

Starting to cross-skill myself with characters I rarely play.

I've noticed that having played the game for a while now I must've improved my base skills because I'm now much better at heroes I was totally useless at back when I first got into the beta, despite hardly playing them at all in the meantime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Burning out. Find solo play tends to be extremely one-sided the majority of the time, far worse than Heroes ever got to be.

I'm also a little sick of the "cheese" too. The lame ass kills this game practically just throws to you. It humors me how people celebrate this while doing non-stop bitching over anything that seems remotely newb friendly in CoD like the grenade launchers. This feeds you kills to the point some matches can devolve into a tit-for-tat fest as everyone just "cheeses" the next guy, which while humorous, does degrade the quality of the experience over time.

The other issue I am having is Widowmaker. I kind of get McCree having played against more of them and some REALLY good ones(it's a bit bullshit to get hit by 4 of his 6 shots from hammer and still die while 'effing stunned at blank range) but she's the one that tends to annihilate my entire team and completely change the dynamic of the game. It doesn't help that she essentially has a "walling" mechanic with virtually no warning so you get your head popped off as you round a corner trying to take her out.

It's gotten so bad that I tend to automatically vote the match as a negative when having to deal with her because it's not fun. Forget whether certifiably OP or not, it is simply miserable to deal with.

I'm also not a huge fan of the obsessive e-sporting bullshit this game seems to attract. It makes people into soulless, boring little monsters and it's hard to enjoy things for what they are. There is a reason I fell in love with games like WoW or Red Alert 2 back in the day. It was because I had fun with them and the community wasn't absorbed with being "the next big thing" but rather enjoyed themselves as well. Hell, it was often more about socializing than getting a win or trying to be a Twitch personality.

Basically, I'm about ready to chalk it up to typical Blizzard fare. Excellent surface presentation, shallow in depth. Very much so.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-06-02 at 02:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Burning out. Find solo play tends to be extremely one-sided the majority of the time, far worse than Heroes ever got to be.

I'm also a little sick of the "cheese" too. The lame ass kills this game practically just throws to you. It humors me how people celebrate this while doing non-stop bitching over anything that seems remotely newb friendly in CoD like the grenade launchers. This feeds you kills to the point some matches can devolve into a tit-for-tat fest as everyone just "cheeses" the next guy, which while humorous, does degrade the quality of the experience over time.
    I have no idea what you mean by "cheese". The instant-kill ultimates are almost all avoidable, or put the one using them at significant risk. If you just mean someone got the drop on you, well, that's your situational awareness.

The other issue I am having is Widowmaker. I kind of get McCree having played against more of them and some REALLY good ones(it's a bit bullshit to get hit by 4 of his 6 shots from hammer and still die while 'effing stunned at blank range) but she's the one that tends to annihilate my entire team and completely change the dynamic of the game. It doesn't help that she essentially has a "walling" mechanic with virtually no warning so you get your head popped off as you round a corner trying to take her out.

It's gotten so bad that I tend to automatically vote the match as a negative when having to deal with her because it's not fun. Forget whether certifiably OP or not, it is simply miserable to deal with.
    Snipers exist in pretty much every shooter, and if anything, Widowmaker's easier to deal with than most. Tons of heroes can get in her face, and the maps are windy enough that there's almost always routes you can take that minimize potential exposure. She also exposes her location every time she fires.

I honestly don't get shot much by Widowmaker, unless I'm playing Reinhardt and in the middle of a big enough melee that I'm spinning around and she gets me from behind.

I'm also not a huge fan of the obsessive e-sporting bullshit this game seems to attract. It makes people into soulless, boring little monsters and it's hard to enjoy things for what they are. There is a reason I fell in love with games like WoW or Red Alert 2 back in the day. It was because I had fun with them and the community wasn't absorbed with being "the next big thing" but rather enjoyed themselves as well. Hell, it was often more about socializing than getting a win or trying to be a Twitch personality.
    One thing I do hope we get is a way to set up "channels" for quickplay, so you can set up channels for stuff like "shenanigans" where you do silly shit like 12 Reinhardts.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-06-02 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I have no idea what you mean by "cheese". The instant-kill ultimates are almost all avoidable, or put the one using them at significant risk. If you just mean someone got the drop on you, well, that's your situational awareness.
    Not just ultimates but also regular abilities. The game is a rather glorified version of 'paper, rock, scissors' really. When I say "cheese" I mean, you get killed in some rather lame ass way; again back to CoD where you'd get grenade launched from across the map. It can get beyond frustrating, namely because of the spammy nature the heroes bring to the table. Simply lob, fire, and go ape with little regard for restraint and timing. It gets particularly exhaustive in an uphill battle.

Snipers exist in pretty much every shooter, and if anything, Black Widow's easier to deal with than most. Tons of heroes can get in her face, and the maps are windy enough that there's almost always routes you can take that minimize potential exposure. She also exposes her location every time she fires.
    Right but I feel Widowmaker is way out of place in this game and I find her the most difficult hero to counter as of right now and so do most other players(after McCree but he's getting a nerf) at the moment if my own calculations on the matter are to be worth two cents. Yeah, a shitty Widow is ridiculously easy to deal with but there is a substantial gap(more like a canyon) betwixt a poor WM and a good one. Then another betwixt the good one and a pro. Both in playing as her and against her, she's over-tuned and it shows when in the hands of an excellent player. The more so, the worse it gets.

I honestly don't get shot much by Widowmaker, unless I'm playing Reinhardt and in the middle of a big enough melee that I'm spinning around and she gets me from behind.
    Then you're not going against very good WM's, back to my above point. I've gone against some that if you showed skin for even a fleeting second, you were struck and nearly dead or hit in the head and dead. It was actually quite something to see her miss a shot. You've definitely not gone against ones with a pre-made team which amplifies just how ridiculous she gets.

One thing I do hope we get is a way to set up "channels" for quickplay, so you can set up channels for stuff like "shenanigans" where you do silly shit like 12 Reinhardts.
    I would like custom games myself.

Deleted
    i play junkrat mainly hes my favorite character and if i wanna play at range il play widowmaker not like other people play as a team so why should i, might aswell play my 2 favorite characters

Deleted
    I got gifted the game and I can confirm it's terrible. A casual arcade trash mess, only overhyped cause blizzard, looks more like a f2p than a proper game.

It's going to go the same route as hots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Not just ultimates but also regular abilities. The game is a rather glorified version of 'paper, rock, scissors' really. When I say "cheese" I mean, you get killed in some rather lame ass way; again back to CoD where you'd get grenade launched from across the map. It can get beyond frustrating, namely because of the spammy nature the heroes bring to the table. Simply lob, fire, and go ape with little regard for restraint and timing. It gets particularly exhaustive in an uphill battle.
    I can't think of a single example of dying to a randomly-lobbed grenade or knife that was chucked over a building, in Overwatch, or the equivalent thereof. You can die to what was intended as suppressing fire; if I'm playing Junkrat, I'm likely carpet bombing a choke point. But that's not random cheese, that's me posing a direct threat to anyone taking that route, and someone dying because they took that risk. Same for Pharah's rockets. And beyond that, I'm really stumped to think of anything else.

Then you're not going against very good WM's, back to my above point. I've gone against some that if you showed skin for even a fleeting second, you were struck and nearly dead or hit in the head and dead. It was actually quite something to see her miss a shot. You've definitely not gone against ones with a pre-made team which amplifies just how ridiculous she gets.
    This seems more about player skill than the hero itself.

You really ought to try out for a professional team or something, with how many things in the game you apparently have the secret to easily countering and never have trouble with.
    I'm not particularly great at pulling this stuff off, but I do recognize that when I die, it's almost entirely my fault. Sometimes, my team's, if they pissed off and didn't back up the tank (me). But usually me. And not the game or an enemy playing a "cheap" hero.

Seriously, have you agreed with a single, "This is tough to deal with" type of post on this forum? Every post has been, "It's fine, you just suck, I always beat it."
    I've agreed that plenty of things are "tough to beat", but that there's always a way, and you can't blame the game systems for you failing to take advantage of those options as a team. I fail to, myself. I don't always get a great team, and a well-coordinated Mercy + Bastion + Reinhardt can be a nightmare, if a team won't cooperate and keeps running into their fire. But that's not a problem that exists because of Mercy + Bastion + Reinhardt, that's a problem for me because my team is playing poorly. I'll eat that loss, but I don't see it being the game's fault.

If there is any form of matchmaking in Quick Mode, I fail to see how it exists. How I enjoy turning level 30 and being matched against 70+ no lifers. Why they launched with no Ranked Mode so I can battle people my own skill level... what a dumb fuck idea, honestly. They could've tuned it as they went.