Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how many apocalypse days have been and gone in my life by its certainly in double figures.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Then, when nothing happens again, they will find another mistake, and it will be 2019 or something...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have survive several ends of the world , trust me we are fine

This stupid thing again?

Mayans don't have leap years, but it doesn't matter because the people that came up with the number counted the days. December 2012 was the end of the long cycle, period.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Maya are still around in southern Mexico. I wonder if they know their calendar crashed?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    So tomorrow? Alright.

What I love the most about this is that the apocalypse is a two day thing aparrently.

Like no, planet Earth can't just blow up in one day, it takes a bit.

I'll bet a million dollars, we'll all be around on the 5'th. Any takers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    I'll bet a million dollars, we'll all be around on the 5'th. Any takers?
    All of us? I'll take that bet!

There's a post on /pol for a June 6th start date for ww3

It all makes sense now. The next business day after the end of the Mayan calendar.

Deleted
    There's only one "apocalypse", regarding our planet, that people actually can predict somewhat accurately, and that's the death of our star.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    All of us? I'll take that bet!
    Without him defining "us"? Pay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    There's only one "apocalypse", regarding our planet, that people actually can predict somewhat accurately, and that's the death of our star.

Plus or minus a few million years, which seems to be as accurate if not more so than all these predictions based off the Mayan Calendar.
    If the maths is wrong each and every time, then would that not dismiss any evidence of the claims from past predictions.
    As their predicted dates would equally be calculated wrong.

Or perhaps they could just admit the truth, they are spouting rubbish and using excuses each time it fails to pass.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-02 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Actually, the very fact that he didn't actually define us is why I would win the bet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Actually, the very fact that he didn't actually define us is why I would win the bet.
    No see, you wrote a blank check. You took the bet, and now he gets to, retroactively, define the "us". It's his word, and it's up to him to define it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Plus or minus a few million years, which seems to be as accurate if not more so than all these predictions based off the Mayan Calendar.
    Yeah see the thing is, the Mayan "predictions" are some kind of supernatural or religious bullshit that have nothing to do with reality, whereas we do know for a fact that our star will become a red giant. That's actual science. The people basing their "apocalypse" predictions on Mayan calendar base their predictions on nothing at all.

Yeah see the thing is, the Mayan "predictions" are some kind of supernatural or religious bullshit that have nothing to do with reality, whereas we do know for a fact that our star will become a red giant. That's actual science. The people basing their "apocalypse" predictions on Mayan calendar base their predictions on nothing at all.
    Let's lay off the Mayans here; they didn't say the end of the world was coming in December 2012, Westerners did. All their calendar states is that at the end of every long cycle is a great change; any sense of apocalypse (in the modern use of the word) or Armageddon does not actually apply to their internal belief structure.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Let's lay off the Mayans here; they didn't say the end of the world was coming in December 2012, Westerners did. All their calendar states is that at the end of every long cycle is a great change; any sense of apocalypse (in the modern use of the word) or Armageddon does not actually apply to their internal belief structure.
    Yeah I just called it a "Mayan prediction" because that's what they're based on; their calendar. I did point out later in the post that it's some people who base their predictions on the calendar, and not the actual Mayans.

Would be funny if its really the end of the world but no one believes it because of all the hoax fake dates .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Would be funny if its really the end of the world but no one believes it because of all the hoax fake dates .
    It would be amazing, actually. I mean, assuming the entire planet gets destroyed and everyone dies.

This is one of the best jokes in Ghostbusters

Not that there would be anyone left to gloat about it.
    And what "proof" would there be anyway that it was predicted.
    I expect just about any date can be "found" if you interpret the calendar in a different way.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

It would be amazing, actually. I mean, assuming the entire planet gets destroyed and everyone dies.
    #too emo for life