Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What's with the hate on chihuahuas?

Posting from phone. Wondering why people hate this dog breed after enough encounters with my neighbor's chihuahua that lives on the first floor of my apartment complex. Whenever I leave the gate, he's always standing on the terrace and looking at me happily. I sometimes give the dog meat like bacon without my neighbor's permission so maybe that has something to do with why it likes me, but honestly it's so sweet and another reason to like the small puppers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Posting from phone. Wondering why people hate this dog breed after enough encounters with my neighbor's chihuahua that lives on the first floor of my apartment complex. Whenever I leave the gate, he's always standing on the terrace and looking at me happily. I sometimes give the dog meat like bacon without my neighbor's permission so maybe that has something to do with why it likes me, but honestly it's so sweet and another reason to like the small puppers.
    Lots of people like chihuahuas. Lots of people don't like chihuahuas. I personally think something is wrong with a breed when its common to see them with limbs having been amputated from falling off of things like couches and chairs because they're incredibly fragile and frail.

The bigger deal here is that feeding other people's pets without their permission is pretty fucking bad, you have no idea what kind of allergies, health issues, or medical requirements that dog might have. Every post you make just makes you seem like more and more of a tool.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-06-02 at 06:14 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Because chihuahuas are aggressive and bitey dogs. At least most of them don't yip when they bark, but they bark a lot.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Same reason some people don't like other breeds or sizes of dogs, bad experiences, general personality, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Feeding other people's pets without their permission is pretty fucking bad, you have no idea what kind of allergies, health issues, or medical requirements that dog might have. Every post you make just makes you seem like more and more of a tool.
    You've got to be fucking kidding me. It's not illegal nor am I giving the dog a slab of meat, just bits from what I sometimes may be holding while walking.

Chihuahuas aren't my preference. I don't hate them though. I like medium to large sized dogs.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Chihuahuas' are amazing dogs. But they don't perpetuate an Alpha male stereotype dog. Hence most of the "that's not a dog, its a rat" type of hate.

You've got to be fucking kidding me. It's not illegal nor am I giving the dog a slab of meat, just bits from what I sometimes may be holding while walking.
    "It's not illegal to give a random kid on the street treats without their parent's permission!"

You are right, it's not illegal. But not everything you shouldn't do is behind legal barriers.

Also, I have had chihuahuas before. One was excellent, hands down the best dog I have ever owned. The other was a yippy piece of shit we got rid of as soon as the great dog died and she was no longer required to keep the great dog company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any responsible dog owner would have strong words for you for feeding their animals without talking to them first. Just like any parent would probably tell you not to randomly feed their children without checking first.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

7+ Year Old Account
    Every chihuahua I've known pee's or shits in the house if they think they can get away with it. The attitude of some too towards their crazy aggressive tendencies is ohh he's small cant do any damage. I cringe every time my GF's 6 pound Chi/yorkie cross chases someone down the sidewalk while my 70 lb leopard catahoula (looks like a pitbull ) looks at me for permission to chase as well.

Chihuahuahs are violent assholeish dogs. We can be thankfull that they are so small... german shepard sized chihuahuas would kill so many people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and people feeding other peoples dogs is a huge no, you should also ask for permission to even pet someones dog. My heeler wears a red leash, harness and collar to indicate that you shouldnt just approach him, he's not violent he just excited pee's on people

Dunno, plenty of people hate tarantulas, for example, and they look at least 20 times better than a chihuahua. On top of that they are loud, annoying and full of stupid bravado that ends with them getting their ass handed to them by anything larger than a cicada, which leads to them being even louder and more annoying as they whine while running away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    I rather have a rat in a chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like most dogs, with the proper socialization, they can be complete sweethearts.

But with people who treat them like their babies, but don't socialize them, they become very possessive. And chihuahuas can be quite aggressive when protecting their owner, or something they value.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

They are fiesty motherfuckers and their shrill barking makes my ears hurt.
    Other than that they're fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with Jackofwind. You should not be feeding other people's pets. Unless you are very close with them, and know the dog's dietary needs, you shouldn't just be handing it food.

For example, if you fed my dog or cat food that I did not intend for it, I would yell at you. A strict diet is very good for dogs and cats, and if they are used to a strict diet, and then introduced to something outside of that diet, it can mess with their stomachs.

If you want to feed my animal food that is not part of the diet I set for it, then you can come over and clean up the diarrhea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Yeah and people feeding other peoples dogs is a huge no, you should also ask for permission to even pet someones dog. My heeler wears a red leash, harness and collar to indicate that you shouldnt just approach him, he's not violent he just excited pee's on people
    No offense, but many won't know what the red leash means.

However, there are leashes with print on them that tell people what you want them to know.

Please don't feed animals table food, it's very unhealthy and can cause them to become picky about their animal food when they know they can get table food. Chihuahuas are just like any other breed of dog. Some are good, some are ornery, but most can be trained. The stereotype of yippy aggressiveness seems to come (as I recall) from when celebrities like Paris Hilton and the like started keeping chihuahuas because they're low maintenance, and then a bunch of other people started keeping them without properly training them. My step-dad's mother has a chihuahua that is that exact stereotype, but she's fucking trained. Didn't even have to take her to a trainer, just tell her bad when she does bad things and give her a treat (not table food, actual treats meant for dogs) for doing tricks and shitting outside. She doesn't even bark unless she's being really playful or a stranger is nearby. Not all dogs can be trained, but a lot of owners just don't even bother. That's mostly where their bad reputation comes from.

it's a barking rat, what is not to dislike about that ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    Please don't feed animals table food, it's very unhealthy and can cause them to become picky about their animal food when they know they can get table food. Chihuahuas are just like any other breed of dog. Some are good, some are ornery, but most can be trained. The stereotype of yippy aggressiveness seems to come (as I recall) from when celebrities like Paris Hilton and the like started keeping chihuahuas because they're low maintenance, and then a bunch of other people started keeping them without properly training them. My step-dad's mother has a chihuahua that is that exact stereotype, but she's fucking trained. Didn't even have to take her to a trainer, just tell her bad when she does bad things and give her a treat (not table food, actual treats meant for dogs) for doing tricks and shitting outside. She doesn't even bark unless she's being really playful or a stranger is nearby. Not all dogs can be trained, but a lot of owners just don't even bother. That's mostly where their bad reputation comes from.
    I would say this is very accurate.