Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't want one but I don't hate them either. I have 5 cats and they would all tower over the poor thing except for one who would be equal height to a chihuahua. I suppose it depends on the dogs personality, some are yappy and some aren't. Not a big fan of carrying around an animal in a purse/carrier for errands and I think a lot of chihuahua's got picked up during that time span.

I don't like chihuahua's, I also dislike a huge amount of other dogs..

Over the last 100 years, so many dogs, has been breed into horribly deformed and sick animals(worse than it was before). It's kinda sad.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Because chihuahuas are aggressive and bitey dogs. At least most of them don't yip when they bark, but they bark a lot.
    I have had 2 in my lifetime both from breeders both exactly the opposite of what you describe, although I usually hear them described the way you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Dogs were bred for a variety of reasons. The chihuahua is a companion dog
    Yeah but the operative word there was should. The OP was asking why people hate a trash breed like the chihuahua, and the fact that it has no use whatsoever is a good reason to hate it.

Buy a teddy bear and you'll get all the benefits and none of the disadvantages of this squirrel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dogs were bred for a variety of reasons. The most likely theory is that the chihuahua was bred as a companion dog
    But originally bred as a ratter or pack hunter of small game by the Aztecs.

Now they're just useless, ugly, and fragile. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of health problems they're routinely born with and develop, not even taking into account their insane rate of hydrocephalus.

They're also the only dog breed in the world that isn't born with a fully developed skull, which means they often get brain damage as infants and end up being the fucked up little shit dogs that everyone recognizes.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-06-02 at 07:24 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Sure. Makes sense. Doesn't make me like them any more lol. I like my dogs protective. Not aggressive for aggressive sake.
    The point being made, is that they are only aggressive for the sake of being aggressive, because people encourage it, rather than training the animal to be protective.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

One has to wonder how this breed even came to be...

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't find a definitive answer on this. They give a few reasons, but the likely theory is that they were just a companion dog for the Toltec civilization in Mexico.
    If you'd like to use correlation, Shiba Inu's were used as hunting dogs. They would flush out wild game from the brush so the bow hunters could take aim at them. Greated Shiba's are twice the size, but they were a small breed dog used for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah but the operative word there was should. The OP was asking why people hate a trash breed like the chihuahua, and the fact that it has no use whatsoever is a good reason to hate it.

Buy a teddy bear and you'll get all the benefits and none of the disadvantages of this squirrel.
    Someone's mom left their dad for a chihuahua

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's the barking and the way they'll snarl at you like they're all tough. I'll fucking throw that oversized rat at a wall. If you want a dog get something like a German shepard or a Labrador retriever or a husky. Those are REAL dogs. Chihuahuas are fucking annoying.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    One has to wonder how this breed even came to be...
    Tequila and a few generations of bored farmers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The point being made, is that they are only aggressive for the sake of being aggressive, because people encourage it, rather than training the animal to be protective.
    I'd argue against that point. They are aggressive naturally. The owners obviously don't curb it but I don't like dogs that are over the top like that all by themselves.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    If you want a dog get something like a German shepard or a Labrador retriever or a husky. Those are REAL dogs. Chihuahuas are fucking annoying.
    "Get a dog breed I like and nothing else!"

I had one for a few months, terrible experience. My brothers' 100 lb. Pit Bull is less vicious than that chihuahua by a mile.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    I'd argue against that point. They are aggressive naturally. The owners obviously don't curb it but I don't like dogs that are over the top like that all by themselves.
    By that train of thought, all dogs are naturally aggressive.

Oh gee. I wonder why that could be? Perhaps because they're tiny, yapping spawns of Satan?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, reading more about the,, it seems their history and origin has been debated for quite some time, with no definite answer - only theories.
    Granted. The point remains that in the modern world they're basically just vermin.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, reading more about the,, it seems their history and origin has been debated for quite some time, with no definite answer - only theories.
    I checked too, and I can't find anything definitive either. But then again, a breed that goes back thousands of years, would have a shrouded past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    "Get a dog breed I like and nothing else!"
    Yeah basically.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucking hate chihuahuas and that's coming from someone who's had to live and be around them for the majority of his life. They're aggressive shits that bark endlessly and never get tired of doing it. And because of their small size its not a deep and tolerable woof but an annoying shrill scream. Show me a decent chihuahua and I'll show you a unicorn.

Honestly I don't know if its how they're raised but I have yet to come across one that wasn't an aggressive little shit always barking and snapping at people. I reckon it has something to do with them being tiny and the owners not wanting to properly discipline and train them because "awww its so cute!" Either way fuck chihuahuas and dogs in general.