Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    2M is the price of a SINGLE TCG mount on EU (not counting tiger and rooster who are triple)...

I really don't understand the complain on the price.

The more you decide to generate gold by farming old raids and garrisons instead of doing ah, the more inflation you're creating because you insert more gold into the economy so it's logical to have mounts always more and more expensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    What is your evidence for this?

If we assume for now that this statement is correct, what percentage of players are at (or beyond) the cap?
    You have no idea. People that do Raid boosting are swimming in gold...

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No its not.

- - - Updated - - -

the BIG difference is the travelers tundra is USEFULL. the spider aint.
    So did you just not finish reading my post where I said exactly that?

Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    You have no idea. People that do Raid boosting are swimming in gold...
    I'm happy to be corrected. Care to put a figure (and proportion) on 'swimming'?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Just cuz you dont find it fun, doesnt mean other people don't. I find raiding boring, can I call raiders "no lifers"?

Sigh, people are so jealous of others making money in a freaking video game? Wow
    A no-lifer to me is someone who takes things a lot further than most. Stuff like 'the insane' and the Emperor rep for the golden serpent, that's no lifer stuff.

And again, not jealous, not saying those ppl suck, they just obviously have nothing better to do.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    A no-lifer to me is someone who takes things a lot further than most. Stuff like 'the insane' and the Emperor rep for the golden serpent, that's no lifer stuff.

And again, not jealous, not saying those ppl suck, they just obviously have nothing better to do.
    Yeah cuz arena gladiator means these people took things further than most. Mythic raiders took raiding further than most. These people must all have no life!!

Just face it. Some people are BETTER at things than you are. That doesn't make them no lifers.

Nothing particularly earth shattering there, but a nice discussion point.

Also, thank you for providing the full transcript. Letting me read it in 2 minutes instead of having to watch it over the course of ~15 min, plus having it laid out as a reference, is absurdly convenient.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post

not everyone has the time to just farm wow in gold, people wanna have fun in a game farming gold is like having a 2nd job i have like 30k atm thats highest i have ever had these people with millions must have like 30+ characters farming there maxed garrissons
    that is just it. it is so easy to get gold now. Those people with milions of gold actually dont have 30+ charcters farming gold(first of all, all over 11 is pointless for then you have gold on another server)
    I have a friend, he have made 4 Milion gold the last few months with "boosting" people in mytical raids with his guild. Cus If some people are good at makeing gold, they are also willing to pay for stuff = raiders can make shitton of gold.
    Also the AH Pro's also dont have to farm garrisons, if they could make 1 milion in Cata,they can now sell similar stuff and make 11 Milion gold.

Deleted

Or maybe they are doing the thing they enjoy the most. If someone spends the same time and effort but on a different thing than others calling them no-lifer must feel pretty insulting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah cuz arena gladiator means these people took things further than most. Mythic raiders took raiding further than most. These people must all have no life!!

Just face it. Some people are BETTER at things than you are. That doesn't make them no lifers.
    The fact they're better at the game than me doesn't mean they are no lifers, the fact they dedicate such a large amount of time and thought to it does.

I'm sorry the truth sucks. Most people don't grind the garrison. They just don't and only the people who do get butthurt.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    Or maybe they are doing the thing they enjoy the most. If someone spends the same time and effort but on a different thing than others calling them no-lifer must feel pretty insulting.
    I guess but I've played enough of WoW to know when you cross the line into no-life territory, I've been there.

Don't know why people try to deny it, like it isn't obvious.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-06-03 at 07:35 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    The fact they're better at the game than me doesn't mean they are no lifers, the fact they dedicate such a large amount of time and thought to it does.

I'm sorry the truth sucks. Most people don't grind the garrison. They just don't and only the people who do get butthurt.

I guess but I've played enough of WoW to know when you cross the line into no-life territory, I've been there.

I would assume that most people associate no-lifers with someone who literally ignore a decent amount of real life issues to focus on a video game. Someone who logs in to only farm mounts because that's what he finds enjoying simply can't relate how what he is doing differs any way from other people who are also playing the game. Thus it feels like hypocrisy and more like simple insult.

So when you strongly advocate that focusing on one aspect of a game correlates to focusing only on game the result is that you sound very arrogant/jealous. it might not be true or you might have other opinion but it certainly looks like it.

You also have to remember that most of mmo-c community is NOT the average player thus their and their close circle players are going to heavily skew the information. If you really want to have facts then you'd have to look at market data. Everything else floating in this thread is mostly just a personal opinion or reports of limited experience.

As an expert AH player, I've got nearly legion cap (10m) I think this price is ridiculous. Only way i'd buy this mount is if it can walk up fucking walls! Although the EU prices for TCG mounts is high too, the spider wouldn't just cut it. I highly doubt this will be the only spider mount in game. Blizzard will find some way of making another spider mount or the same model in the future for sure.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really doesn't take that much to explain. Blizzard is in the business of selling gold now... and they want people to buy it. Not at all surprising that item costs have skyrocketed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing someone on an epic flying mount in the first few weeks of TBC was insane. Less insane than seeing a person on this mount will be because honestly 2m gold is no longer a huge amount of gold. Each of my garrisons have made a million gold so far this expansion, and I didn't bother much with them in the beginning because I thought I had enough gold to ignore them. Even at 26 (or is it 27 now?) million gold I still felt richer in WotLK with a bit less than a million.

WoD has been so bad for the economy that I wonder sometimes if it was intentional, that it was done just to push the ones who didn't profit off the garrisons in the direction of buying gold just to keep up with the rest. 100k for a WoW token? A laughable amount if you have a handful of garrisons running yet an insane amount for a new player, and still a huge amount for those who didn't bother much with gold making in WoD.

this is an entire thread full of people who dont understand that the wow economy shifted away from gold backed to item backed

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    this is an entire thread full of people who dont understand that the wow economy shifted away from gold backed to item backed
    This is surprising, as since the token introduction, gold suddenly started to have value for me. With gold I can pay for gametime, gold has some value in real money. Before that gold was pretty much useless for me, now gathering extra gold is one of the goals for me when playing.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamzi View Post
    As an expert AH player, I've got nearly legion cap (10m) I think this price is ridiculous. Only way i'd buy this mount is if it can walk up fucking walls! Although the EU prices for TCG mounts is high too, the spider wouldn't just cut it. I highly doubt this will be the only spider mount in game. Blizzard will find some way of making another spider mount or the same model in the future for sure.
    You sound like a pretty newbie AH player if you don't have a concept of expansion inflation and how WoD trivialized any form of gold making so much so that people who don't do anything special (previously broke players) get 20k like its nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

talking with you is a waste of time. Your jealousy is showing

talking with you is a waste of time. Your jealousy is showing
    You're a waste of air though. I hope you see how retarded you sound especially in the light where the 3v3 ladder is made up from the same people having 10 different characters/boostees (the amount of 1-char legitimate glads is almost non-existent) and most serious mythic raiders doing splitruns/levelling an army of alts incase they need a soaker/burst/whatever. If you don't see these two things, you are flat out clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    i'm guessing you dont put much time in getting gold anyway, i dont either, and i only got like 40k. Most people that have 100k+ in gold are people with several garrisons, doing work orders on like 5+ chars, that's a lot of savage blood, good money in that.

I really don't get how people can be this poor. I have a character I moved to a server specifically to join a guild offering the guild challenge mode pet. He had like nothing when I got there. I quested him from 90-100 and worked the garrison.

He has tailoring and enchanting.

I don't do ANYTHING on this guy except twice a day garrison missions and 1x a day the daily crafting. I don't even load up the tailoring shack for extra mats.

This char is sitting on over 200k gold.

So um how the hell are people at 20k gold? Logging in 1hr a week? That sort of casual would never have anything in game anyways, so a 2mil spider would be a pipe dream for them.