Poll: Do you hate opposing faction?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Do you hate the Opposing Faction?

On Blizzard forums i seen alot hate from X faction players to Y faction in posts. And seen guilds with guild names like "Horde haters" "Horde slayers" "X faction name is vendotrash" etc, and posts like

"%X FactionName% master faction!
    Everyone who plays the filthy %Y faction name% is a horrible person in my mind. %X FactionName% stands for everything that is good, holy, noble, righteous, etc."

So wanted to create poll

edit: Original poll results pre Battle for Azeroth expansion announcement

My main is Alliance i hate both factions
    6 1.36%
    My main is Alliance i like both factions
    111 25.11%
    My main is Alliance i hate Horde
    36 8.14%
    My main is Horde i hate both factions
    6 1.36%
    My main is Horde i like both factions
    99 22.40%
    My main is Horde i hate Alliance
    65 14.71%
    My main is Alliance and i hate my own faction which is Alliance
    3 0.68%
    My main is Horde and i hate my own faction which is Horde
    6 1.36%
    Im neutral i hate both factions
    17 3.85%
    Im neutral i like both factions
    82 18.55%
    Not sure
    11 2.49%
    442 votes
    Last edited by Luckx; 2017-11-03 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate any of the faction. I play both.

I used to not mind either factions (I main Ally) but over the years I've really grown to dislike the Horde. From their lore to my interactions with Horde players (mostly the players over lore)-I just can't stand them anymore. I avoid the faction all together. A good many of my IRL friends play horde but I don't think less of them. It's just not my cup of tea. I've since moved my horde toons to Ally servers.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do I joke about hating the opposite faction? Sure. Do I actually hate them? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I don't hate any of the faction. I play both.
    I can't believe he forgot that option. This thread is pretty much moot now.

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Dey terk er jerbs!!!

<When Bored Smash Horde> #1 Barthilas #1 World
    Ily mmoc

In PvP/WPvP: yes. Out of those two instances: no.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaddon View Post
    I can't believe he forgot that option. This thread is pretty much moot now.
    Just pick whichever side you play more and pick the option that you like both factions

For the Alliance! For King Anduin!

I dislike the 'cleaniness' of the Alliance. Where do you guys have any dirt under your fingers in your cities?

RP, unintentional or not, aside, I thought Horde were a bit cool back in early WoW but Blizzard has basically ruined their image through a combination of "Favorite Child" and "I Do Bad Things But It's Wrong To Hate Me." The Horde has basically gotten to the point where they lose virtually nothing without gaining something in return and the Alliance loses things only to have those forgotten by even the fanbase. Taurajo falls. Silverwing Refuge falls and Southshore falls. Nazgrim dies in combat as a Warrior. Taylor dies to a Necromancer on a different planet off-camera. That last one gets even worse but I don't want to throw out spoilers.

The worst part is the "there is no true canon" nature of questing in which Horde players see the Alliance doing something horrible but then the Alliance go to that same area and it never happened. (In Mists, Horde Players find Alliance units already on Pandaria with child slaves. Alliance Players find The Horde already on Pandaria sacrificing children to summon Demons on Garrosh's orders.)
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Alliance doesn't push out of its Territory to attack the Horde (Nilla)
    Horde pushes out to attack the Alliance, takes a bunch of land (Nilla)
    Alliance pushes back to get its lost Territory (Cataclysm)
    Horde gets assblasted and literally nukes an Alliance Capital (MoP)
    Horde claims they Dindu (MoP)
    Horde betrays there leader so they can use him as a scapegoat (MoP)
    Horde then gets mad when Jaina fucking hates them. (MoP/Legion)

Like, do I even need to say more? The Horde are a bunch of asshats in the Lore. The Alliance has some bad moments, but for the most part, they are internal matters (Westfall.) Do I actually hate the other faction outside of Lore? No. Do I camp corpses? No. Do I hate there story to the point I wish they would just be killed off? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay wise i like both factions, there is nice and weird on both sides imo, Lorewise i like both factions, but prefer X faction Lore over Y faction Lore.

Gameplay wise both Alliance and Horde have lowbie gankers and corpse campers, both Alliance and Horde have GY campers at BGs ,and Ninjas

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Alliance doesn't push out of its Territory to attack the Horde (Nilla)
    Horde pushes out to attack the Alliance, takes a bunch of land (Nilla)
    Alliance pushes back to get its lost Territory (Cataclysm)
    Horde gets assblasted and literally nukes an Alliance Capital (MoP)
    Horde claims they Dindu (MoP)
    Horde betrays there leader so they can use him as a scapegoat (MoP)
    Horde then gets mad when Jaina fucking hates them. (MoP/Legion)

Like, do I even need to say more? The Horde are a bunch of asshats in the Lore. The Alliance has some bad moments, but for the most part, they are internal matters (Westfall.) Do I actually hate the other faction outside of Lore? No. Do I camp corpses? No. Do I hate there story to the point I wish they would just be killed off? Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    RP, unintentional or not, aside, I thought Horde were a bit cool back in early WoW but Blizzard has basically ruined their image through a combination of "Favorite Child" and "I Do Bad Things But It's Wrong To Hate Me." The Horde has basically gotten to the point where they lose virtually nothing without gaining something in return and the Alliance loses things only to have those forgotten by even the fanbase. Taurajo falls. Silverwing Refuge falls and Southshore falls. Nazgrim dies in combat as a Warrior. Taylor dies to a Necromancer on a different planet off-camera. That last one gets even worse but I don't want to throw out spoilers.

The worst part is the "there is no true canon" nature of questing in which Horde players see the Alliance doing something horrible but then the Alliance go to that same area and it never happened. (In Mists, Horde Players find Alliance units already on Pandaria with child slaves. Alliance Players find The Horde already on Pandaria sacrificing children to summon Demons on Garrosh's orders.)
    Well Horde players have no responsibility for Anti-Horde Lore from developers. I understand you might "hate" Horde npcs but not the actual players.

I dont take Anti-Horde lore from Cataclysm/MOP seriusly because MOP and Cata is two lowest rated expansions

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...urning-crusade User Score 7.8
    Generally favorable reviews based on 749 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...-the-lich-king User Score 7.4
    Mixed or average reviews based on 874 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...raft-cataclysm User Score 5.5 Mixed or average reviews based on 916 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...ts-of-pandaria 4.8 Generally unfavorable reviews based on 1226 Ratings

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...rds-of-draenor 5.9 Mixed or average reviewsbased on 1078 Ratings

And during Cata Blizzard company was bought by Activision, and alot original WOW developers who created Original WOW left Blizzard or retired during WOTLK/Cata/MOP.

I dislike MOP/CATA - Garrosh/SOO/Theramore Lore my self but i personally dont blame Horde for that. Garrosh cant speak for all Horde, even for all Orcs

The Alliance has some bad moments, but for the most part, they are internal matters (Westfall.)
    wowwiki says that Burning Legion was summoned because of Night Elves reckless use of magic.And Burning Legion enslaved some of Orcish clan minds and made them "evil" - talking about old Warcraft 2 and Vanilla/TBC WOW Lore. But not all Orcs was evil, and those who became evil because of Burning Legion probably wasnt responsible for this i guess,
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-06-03 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Just pick whichever side you play more and pick the option that you like both factions
    I wasn't being serious lol

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poll results are interesting to me, looks like most Horde players doesnt hate Alliance but like both Factions, but most Allinace players hate Horde. Maybe results might change when more ppl will vote or might not.

Deleted
    Not hate, but strong dislike rp-wise.

I used to. Its all bull when it comes down to it.

Hate is transient.
    Last edited by Rudkobing; 2016-06-03 at 03:12 AM.

Depends, when i PvP as an alliance, i hate the horde, when i raid as a Horde i hate the Horde

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Poll results are interesting to me, looks like most Horde players doesnt hate Alliance but like both Factions, but most Allinace players hate Horde. Maybe results might change when more ppl will vote or might not.
    they hate us cuz they aint us

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    snip
    taking metacritic as an actual measurement of how good / bad things are

anyway. i dont hate the filthy alliance. they are just filthy though!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I find the Alliance annoying for constantly trying to have it's cake and eat it too lorewise. But I don't hate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol