Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    In response, Turkey called back their ambassador from Berlin.
    One less Muslim in Germany. I guess the right wing must be celebrating now! :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    In response, Turkey called back their ambassador from Berlin.
    And it's only June. Get dem flying miles Hüseyin !

Merkel can't tell the Bundestag that now is a really bad time to disgruntle Erdogan (again), without giving the Greens, die Linke, SPD and probably even her own party an avoidable but fantastic opportunity to rage effectively against the Angela.

It's so stupid. I bet the CDU (Angies Party) only supports this mess, because "well, we had to admit it too".

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    And it's only June. Get dem flying miles Hüseyin !

Merkel can't tell the Bundestag that now is a really bad time to disgruntle Erdogan (again), without giving the Greens, die Linke, SPD and probably even her own party an avoidable but fantastic opportunity to rage effectively against the Angela.

It's so stupid. I bet the CDU (Angies Party) only supports this mess, because "well, we had to admit it too".
    I'm still a bit puzzled why the German Parliament feels the need to condemn an action by one country done to another country such a long time ago. It's like somebody actually wants to piss Erdogan of. I mean, it really isn't any of our business. Bring it up in EU membership negotiations all you like, where it's relevant.. but this one is a bit out of the blue.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    this one is a bit out of the blue.
    A bit of self righteousness before we get mauled in the EURO *weeping*
    Maybe I'm too pessimistic about this, I'm usually also wrong about football...but, well.

LOL, Armenia is in the EURO. If we have to play against them, those f-ckers better picknick for 90 minutes

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sure its a genocide. Americans did a good one with native americans here. Spanish did a good one with south americans to, when are they going to be recognized?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Armenia isn't valuable enough to to sacrifice relations with Turkey, for anyone. No country benefits advancing their global or regional interests by trading a state that matters more for one that matters less.

- - - Updated - - -

Turn the other cheek. It's irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the crybaby nature of the AKP and it's leader should be factored into most country's assessment of how to deal with Turkey at this point.

I mean, really, let him throw his tantrums.
    Sure, let him throw his tantrums, and just like we deal with other petty tyrants, stop trading with them... stop diplomatic relationships.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Sure its a genocide. Americans did a good one with native americans here. Spanish did a good one with south americans to, when are they going to be recognized?
    Americans do recognize the genocide of Native Americans.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Sure, let him throw his tantrums, and just like we deal with other petty tyrants, stop trading with them... stop diplomatic relationships.

- - - Updated - - -

Americans do recognize the genocide of Native Americans.
    ha

10/char!

ha

10/char!
    I'm an American, and I can't think of anyone who says it didn't happen. We don't talk about it every day of our lives, but we also don't get pissed off and try to deny it never occurred.

What the "lol who cares, it's in the past" people don't understand: it's not just about the past.

When Turkey

1) doesn't want to admit that their ancestors committed genocide to the Armenian people
    2) tries to put the blame on everyone else, including the Armenians
    3) apparently longs for the days of the Ottoman Empire
    4) to this day has very bad political connection with Armenia, supports their Islamic enemy Azerbaidjan
    5) cries and tries to position itself in the victim role at any perceived wrong-doing

... it just doesn't bode well for the present and future, either. It gives the impression of Turkey being a country that can dish out, but cannot take it. Whenever they do something bad, it's justified. Who dares say something bad about the Ottoman Empire, it was fucking great conquering all you weaklings! But on the other hand, when someone insults their president or their honor, they go batshit defensive. It comes across as childish and very unstable, and thus potentially dangeorus.

So yeah, it's very important to occasionally show them that other countries are fed up with their antis and don't want to put up with it.

The other, even more important part, is that this official recognition of the genocide is very important for the Armenians, both those that still live in Armenia and those in diaspora. I've spoken to some and they say that the events of the past still haunt them, often it's why their ancestors left the country, most have heard terrible stories from their grandparents etc. It's a show of respect to them and their history that other countries acknowledge it.
    Last edited by Awbee; 2016-06-03 at 11:04 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm an American, and I can't think of anyone who says it didn't happen. We don't talk about it every day of our lives, but we also don't get pissed off and try to deny it never occurred.
    You would think we would grant them sovereignty within our country and not bully them every chance we get because we recognize all the damage we did LOL.
    Last edited by Stacyrect; 2016-06-03 at 11:09 AM.

The country formally known as Germany up until the early part of the 2000's is outraged by something irrelevant to their imminent cultural survival.

You would think we would grant them sovereignty within our country and not bully them every chance we get because we recognize all the damage we did LOL. I got ya though, we senator warren don't forget
    Why not support freedom for everyone in this country, not just Native Americans?

Recognizing that something occurred in a history, does not mean you have to continuously apologize for it. I didn't slaughter Indians, so I really don't owe them anything (I'm actually part Native American). That does not mean I'm going to stick my head in the sand, throw a tantrum, and pretend it never happened.

A bit of self righteousness before we get mauled in the EURO *weeping*
    Maybe I'm too pessimistic about this, I'm usually also wrong about football...but, well.

LOL, Armenia is in the EURO. If we have to play against them, those f-ckers better picknick for 90 minutes
    They'll probably steal the German team bus and park it in front of their goal. :P

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why not support freedom for everyone in this country, not just Native Americans?

Recognizing that something occurred in a history, does not mean you have to continuously apologize for it. I didn't slaughter Indians, so I really don't owe them anything (I'm actually part Native American). That does not mean I'm going to stick my head in the sand, throw a tantrum, and pretend it never happened.
    Don't disagree, point flew over your head

From what I hear the main controversy is about how much money the native Americans want as compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by muwatallis View Post
    Ottoman Empire was a cake and all of its internal minority ethnic nations took their slices off in the form of land and created their independent nations back before WWI: Greeks first, then Serbs, Bulgarians, Arabs. There was this Treaty of Sevres where US President Wilson gave Armenia a large chunk of land. Now, if Turkey accepts the genocide, then a gargantuan compensation request shall follow in the form of, yes, LAND. And if you know just a little bit of history, you must very well know that no proud nation on earth, especially a warlike nation like Turks, will not just hand over their land without a fight.
    Why would a compensation be made up of land?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Considering the Turkish desire for genocide against the Armenians, I don't blame them for wishing to side with the Russians, After all the Turks were aiming to gorge on their blood so to speak.
    The Russians had a habit of doing such things, too, they were just a bit earlier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    It gives the impression of Turkey being a country that can dish out, but cannot take it.
    Hmmm, yes. One might come to the conclusion, Turkey is on the sensitive side of things. Delicate I might even say. Fragile. Tender. Or just a bitchy brat, which is unfortunate, when you depend on them.

Merkel needs Turkeys help and the parliament has nothing better to do, than tacklefuck their sensibilities by telling them what a bunch of c-unts they were a hundred years ago. F-cking Hufflepuffs.

They'll probably steal the German team bus and park it in front of their goal. :P
    “Kindness is difficult to give away because it keeps coming back”

"What the f-ck is this bus doing there ?"
    Last edited by mmoc92b33f154f; 2016-06-03 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Turkey and Ottoman Empire are same countries with different name.
    Which doesn't mean Turkey would have to pay anything.
    Sure, someone stronger could preassure them into it, but that would have nothing at all to do with Turkey aknowledging it.
    The ony other situation in which they would pay would be if they themselves made a law about it (like Germany did).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still a bit puzzled why the German Parliament feels the need to condemn an action by one country done to another country such a long time ago. It's like somebody actually wants to piss Erdogan of. I mean, it really isn't any of our business. Bring it up in EU membership negotiations all you like, where it's relevant.. but this one is a bit out of the blue.
    Because of their part in it. (Aren't you German? You should know this.)
    They should have done it long before now.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't as pressing an issue for the German parliament.
    This on is because of Germany's part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Which doesn't mean Turkey would have to pay anything.
    Sure, someone stronger could preassure them into it, but that would have nothing at all to do with Turkey aknowledging it.
    The ony other situation in which they would pay would be if they themselves made a law about it (like Germany did).

- - - Updated - - -

Because of their part in it. (Aren't you German? You should know this.)
    They should have done it long before now.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't as pressing an issue for the German parliament.
    This on is because of Germany's part in it.
    Well, now I know about it. But it's really minor, more akin of not doing anything about it and letting it happen.

c-unts F-cking f-ck
    What's the point? Adding that extra letter would've made those words words? Adding '-' to them somehow takes away from the effect?

That makes no sense at all. If you swear, do it. If you don't want to go all the way, don't even bother with such sillyness.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988