Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    You'll likely take guardian affinity in raids, if that's what you're asking about. The 10% damage reduction is pretty meaty, and if you have the legendary it's 15% reduced damage just like our old moonkin form used to have baseline before they took it away and gave us useless armor.
    Well, gave us the armor back. We already had it before they switched us to a general damage reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, gave us the armor back. We already had it before they switched us to a general damage reduction.
    Yeah, and they gave us a reduction like shadow priests and warlocks specifically because we were classes that unlike mages and hunters are prone to get trained and don't have enough tools to self-peel from current melee gap closers.

And then they took it away and shadow priests and moonkins are back to the same heap ele shaman are in, which is to say getting their shit kicked in by melee trains and casters alike.

At least warlocks got demonskin and their PvP casting circle which makes them immune to interrupts while on it, on top of their unending resolve which is a 40% damage reduction with interrupt/silence immunity built into it.

And both spriests and warlocks got native interrupt duration reduction, but for some reason moonkins and ele shamans who turret just as much didn't.

And now you have mages who do this:

Relevant part comes up at the 2:45 min mark.

i was thinking, the resto durid pvp talent Deep Roots "Damage no longer cancels your Entangling Roots" is going to be great combine it with Solar Beam or FoE. (esp if we use the talent that makes Solar Beam on 30sec cd)
    The guy can not dispel himself if we use it on a healer for example. only trinkets and some spells can break the roots under our Solar Beam, and the resto druid can just recast it. FoE might not be that useless in arenas\bgs.

So what talents are you guys using on the beta atm for leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiruzen View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking at leveling my druid to go Boomy in Legion. How is Boomkin feeling at the moment, and what stats is it relying on?
    Would it pair up well (stat-wise) with Guardian?
    I'm not a mathemagician, but 1:Haste, 2: Mastery feels right with leveling for a Boomy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acardis View Post
    So what talents are you guys using on the beta atm for leveling?
    This is what I'm running with, and it has seemed to work really well for me.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-calc/druid/balance/M2ZM

Just annoyed that healing spells knock me out of Moonkin form.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal...d/balance/MZNM is what I'm using. I love treants for damn near any situation. I'm using shooting stars to see if it is just some easy free damage as I'm tending to multi-pull, sunfire everything, spread out the moonfire and then starfall them. I was thinking of trying Stellar Drift but a lot of quests have high health single target fights and I've been using Nature's Balance, though I really dislike the talent.

http://legion.wowhead.com/talent-cal...d/balance/MZC0 for me
    Force of nature helps with large pulls, and FoE is great for nuking down rares/big packs of mobs.

I pull a lot (5-8+) with moonfire, pop treants, sunfire, starfall, and usually they die. knockback if needed and starfall again.
    It might be better to swap FoE for stellar drift for the extra StF damage, but you lose FoE for rares.

Does anyone else think that healing feels sooo clunky when you have to change form etc. really a buzzkill!

Quote Originally Posted by Hekkipekki View Post
    Does anyone else think that healing feels sooo clunky when you have to change form etc. really a buzzkill!
    Yeah I REALLY don't like it. It makes me feel like I'll be stuck with 10% damage redux for the whole expansion. Does not really make a lot of sense considering how so many of the other hybrids weren't punished by having healing spells locked out in such a fashion.

Im not liking it at all. Going out of moonkin form to heal yourself up while beeing hit on by mobs seems almost pointless to me.

Some minor change about Starfall this build, there's some... stardust that acts as the aoe marker now so you can see a circle of stardust surrounding the aoe lol

I have Glyph of the Sun equipped but I don't think that's causing this new thing

That's been a thing for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    That's been a thing for a while.
    Really? I must be blind for so long then o.o sorry if it's old

They started the self-healing nerf with Draenor, I think; Tried to restrict it to Healers without making solo survival too painull.

Legion feels overdone, though.

I love having 600K HP, and my Self Healing is for 8%...
    Feels rather pointless when mobs hit hard enough to make self healing a waste of a GCD/Cast when it seemst o be better just to take a couple of more hits to kill the mob.

Stacking Regrowth+HoT+Rejuv; I think it was around 17%? (Without crits).
    Healing Touch seems worthless, to me.

(When the mobs can't be rooted or stunned)

Why I selected to go with the Restoration Affinity in a few ways, and with a talent; I get two (What is now Very Large) moderate self-heals instant casts (That still break Moonkin form for some reason?) and have Ysera's Gift for 3%HP/5sec.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

There's no reason whatsoever to lose healing in moonkin form.

Shadow priests can use shadow mend and PW:S in shadowform, ele shamans can use healing wave without losing defensive features. Warlock's soul link or shield don't stop working just because he cast Drain Life.

They're being idiotic around making shapeshift forms cumbersome again. No other hybrid pays the price of double GCD cost on the heal plus loss of armor and spell damage bonuses tied to that form.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Shadow priests can use shadow mend and PW:S in shadowform,
    No, they don't. In fact, they can't cast anything in Shadowform. Shadowform no longer exists.

No, they don't. In fact, they can't cast anything in Shadowform. Shadowform no longer exists.
    Because it's built in baseline to their insanity regen.

That's just a visual with no actual effects, though. Like Demolocks have on live.

That's just a visual with no actual effects, though. Like Demolocks have on live.
    A visual because the damage itself appropriated to shadowform was baked into the class's output with the change; they did not lose that damage. That used to be the case as well for balance druids until people complained that moonkin form only offered armor and the crit aura as a poor enticement compared to shadowform.

And so it got the shadowform treatment with increasing nature and arcane damage by a %.

Meanwhile, moonkin form doesn't quite work that way. And I don't mind, because shapeshifts should empower us.

However, we either get heals in form, or they make our heals stronger out of form than other hybrids to justify the opportunity cost of incurred globals, lost armor, and lost damage % boost while not in form.

If shapeshifts come with more comparative disadvantages in some ways, they must also retain comparative advantages as well. And polymorph immunity simply isn't of value in PvE to satisfy that limitation.

We lost our cyclone baseline. We lost typhoon baseline. We lost Nature's Grasp. Shadow priests kept their psychic scream and mind control. Their healing via Vampiric Touch went up considerably.

Let's not pretend like the way balance druids got screwed applies to the other hybrids, because it doesn't.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2016-06-04 at 07:55 AM.

Oh, so it's about the offensive benefits now? Before you were talking about defensive. Way to move the goalposts.

You're also still talking about the extra healing spells you get from Resto affinity. Baseline heals don't force you out, and the others you mentioned don't even get the option to take any more than baseline.