Poll: Is your family pet's life worth more to you then a strangers?

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Your pet's death is unlikely to cause as much grief overall as the death of that person, especially if that person's loved ones find out you chose your dog over them. The rational and selfless decision to minimize suffering is to save the person in almost any circumstance.
    Bad things happen to everyone and happen all the time. If I can stop a bad thing from happening to my family whatever form they take human or animal I will do so. Grief cannot be measured or weighed nor can someone tell someone else how they are going to feel after a loss. You may never understand and that is fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    We can wipe mosquito out if we want to.
    How so? That'll just lead to super pesticide resistant mosquitos

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably save my pets over a random person unless they were a pregnant woman or child.

You are all going on with your utilitarian bullshit about how a person matters more to society and all that shit... By that same logic you would let your own severely disabled kid die to save a stranger since that will logically be better for society.

Fuck all that nonsense. My family matters more to me than a random stranger and my dogs are my family. The exceptions, like I said, children and pregnant woman...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    We can wipe mosquitos out if we want to.
    Insects are just lucky to have avoided the xenophonic wrath of Mooneye!

I mean, i could see you nuking the planet cause you figured they got away with some Criminal act or some shit.

Judge Dredd 3.0!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I would probably save my pets over a random person unless they were a pregnant woman or child.

You are all going on with your utilitarian bullshit about how a person matters more to society and all that shit... By that same logic you would let your own severely disabled kid die to save a stranger since that will logically be better for society.

Fuck all that nonsense. My family matters more to me than a random stranger and my dogs are my family. The exceptions, like I said, children and pregnant woman...
    That is not anyone's logic. It has nothing to do with their value to society. It has to do with the innate value of a human life, over that of an animal.

Nope humans before animals , as for the people that say "id rather have my pet than a stranger alive" , put yourself in the "victims" position, how would you feel to die from a bullet instead of the animal? if you find it normal then be my guest go and live in nature , see how actual animals will treat you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Nope humans before animals , as for the people that say "id rather have my pet than a stranger alive" , put yourself in the "victims" position, how would you feel to die from a bullet instead of the animal? if you find it normal then be my guest go and live in nature , see how actual animals will treat you.
    It's like playing League all over again, man.

I mean, i die cause of some other shits incompetent decisions. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erudean View Post
    That is not anyone's logic. It has nothing to do with their value to society. It has to do with the innate value of a human life, over that of an animal.
    And there is no innate value of your family over a random irrelevant person?

If you had to save your brother or a random person who would you save?

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Insects are just lucky to have avoided the xenophonic wrath of Mooneye!

I mean, i could see you nuking the planet cause you figured they got away with some Criminal act or some shit.

Judge Dredd 3.0!
    I'll be Judge Dredd 4.0! "disagreement with a Judge; sentence is death"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    And there is no innate value of your family over a random irrelevant person?

If you had to save your brother or a random person who would you save?
    My brother because he is a human I know. If my brother was on the FBI most-wanted list for terrorism and serial rape, I would most likely save the stranger.

Death only effects the living.

7+ Year Old Account
    If a higher degree of empathy is relevant, and was brought up in this context, because implied values of choise of word ; i.e, pet versus stranger..

Then i think it, a pointless and skewed endevour, to try and twist the words.
    You answered none of the questions I asked, likely because if you answered them honestly, they would betray your stance on the issue. Don't bother replying if you are incapable of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curdi View Post
    My brother because he is a human I know.
    So your family means more to you than a stranger, gotcha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I'll be Judge Dredd 4.0! "disagreement with a Judge; sentence is death"
    Hahahaha, "Lemme guess, Life?" "No.. Death."

In the dark dystopian future of No mosquitos, where the world has gone under to Overnukage from Judge Linadra and Judge Mooneye.. :P

- - - Updated - - -

You answered none of the questions I asked, likely because if you answered them honestly, they would betray your stance on the issue. Don't bother replying if you are incapable of that.
    You are projecting values and disregarding provided answers ; If you are out to protect your world view, why are you trying to talk to other people?

I am not your mirror, boy

Deleted
    So your family means more to you than a stranger, gotcha.
    My human family means more to me than a human stranger, yes.
    My animal family would mean more to me than an animal stranger, most likely.

Hahahaha, "Lemme guess, Life?" "No.. Death."

In the dark dystopian future of No mosquitos, where the world has gone under to Overnukage from Judge Linadra and Judge Mooneye.. :P
    *giggles* I found the movie to be funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    hell yeah

Things I care about completely outweigh complete strangers
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    With your line of reasoning, there is no sense in getting worked about genocide, war, poverty, or slavery. What an absolute pile of crap. Your attempt to excuse everything by denying any moral accountability is sickening.
    You're not given a choice on the matter. You either cope with it and move on, or let emotions ruin your life. I never said it was easy, but unless you're suggesting something like trying to get revenge for something that was their choice to do, then you're the one at fault, not the stranger.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    *giggles* I found the movie to be funny.
    Well, you know, i really enjoyed it as well, on a lot of levels, but i figure it would be waaaaaaay off-topic, if we turned away from the subject of nuking any and all mosquitos :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I wouldn't feel anything because I'd be dead. And it wouldn't really matter how I 'felt' regardless, since even if I'd choosen the human over my pet, that person probably would have shot me regardless.

And there's a big difference between a loving pet and a wilderness beast that sees me as food. I obviously don't give a shit about some random boar.