Poll: Is your family pet's life worth more to you then a strangers?

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curdi View Post
    My human family means more to me than a human stranger, yes.
    My animal family would mean more to me than an animal stranger, most likely.
    I don't understand where these people are coming up with the notion that because a pet is a part of your family, it has the value of a human family member. It's fascinating. There's a real disconnect with reality here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    I don't understand where these people are coming up with the notion that because a pet is a part of your family, it has the value of a human family member. It's fascinating. There's a real disconnect with reality here.
    It's pretty disgusting, to be honest.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erudean View Post
    Your attempt to excuse everything by denying any moral accountability is sickening.
    saying there is a correct answer to a moral question is like saying there is a correct answer to which flavor of cake is the best
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's pretty disgusting, to be honest.
    Yeah, i mean, for all you care, that person could be Adolf Hitler. When was the last time you saw a German Shepard commit the Holocaust? :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So your family means more to you than a stranger, gotcha.
    Would you ever choose an animal "member" of your family, over a human member of your family?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's fascinating. There's a real disconnect with reality here.
    how?
    A pet is something you care and love for.

What reason is there to care a whole lot about a complete stranger?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Poll shows there is hope in humanity after all, looks good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Yeah, i mean, for all you care, that person could be Adolf Hitler. When was the last time you saw a German Shepard commit the Holocaust? :P
    OP stipulated it was a stranger, meaning he could be a saint or serial killer. Likely that person would be somewhere in between. Of course there are a number of crimes that if I knew the person had committed at the time, I would happily let hhim be run over in favor of the dog.

When was the last time you saw a German Shepard that didn't have to be locked up because it was such an asshole? I visit peoples homes for work and 90% of the German Shepards I see are locked up in pens, viciously barking and trying to get at me.

I mean I get why you went there but, that's a poor choice of breed to use in your example, all nation of origin concerns aside.

Would you ever choose an animal "member" of your family, over a human member of your family?
    Depends on the family member

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Doesn't change the fact that my dogs' lives are more important to me than a random person that means almost nothing to me.

You people act as though human life has no value to us who would save our pets... That isn't the case at all, our pets simply mean more to us than the life of a random person that is inconsequential to our lives.

Do you get broken up and collapse in tears when you read about a terrorist attack in a Iraq that killed dozens of people? No... Of course you don't... Because those dozens of people on the other side of the planet completely disconnected from you in every way mean absolutely fucking nothing to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    saying there is a correct answer to a moral question is like saying there is a correct answer to which flavor of cake is the best
    False.
    The Holocaust was evil.
    Genocide is evil.
    Rape is evil.
    Cold blooded murder of an innocent is evil.

Don't try and kid yourself with the delusion of all morals being subjective.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Depends on the family member
    That's pretty messed up. Would you be okay with a family member choosing their pets life over yours?

If so, what an interesting life you lead.

Deleted
    OP stipulated it was a stranger, meaning he could be a saint or serial killer. Likely that person would be somewhere in between. Of course there are a number of crimes that if I knew the person had committed at the time, I would happily let hhim be run over in favor of the dog.
    Well, that's the difficulty of it, isn't it? The unknonwn of having no admitted relationship to the person. Based on our taste and assumptions/rhetorics, we would favor differently.

I can straight up say that i would determine based on different factors, cause i am bi-ased.

If the stranger was a hot lady, sure, i'd save her.

if it was some creepy dude? I'd think twice, man

When was the last time you saw a German Shepard that didn't have to be locked up because it was such an asshole? I visit peoples homes for work and 90% of the German Shepards I see are locked up in pens, viciously barking and trying to get at me.
    yeah, alright, but what about a Chihuahua?

I mean, they are disgusting, but if you were honestly choosing between some smelly overweight person and a cute fuzzy little dog? :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Nope. Doesn't change the fact that my dogs' lives are more important to me than a random person that means almost nothing to me.

You people act as though human life has no value to us who would save our pets... That isn't the case at all, our pets simply mean more to us than the life of a random person that is inconsequential to our lives.

Do you get broken up and collapse in tears when you read about a terrorist attack in a Iraq that killed dozens of people? No... Of course you don't... Because those dozens of people on the other side of the planet completely disconnected from you in every way mean absolutely fucking nothing to you.
    If I were there? Yes I absolutely would. In OPs example, you are also present for the event.

Well, that's the difficulty of it, isn't it? The unknonwn of having no admitted relationship to the person. Based on our taste and assumptions/rhetorics, we would favor differently.

I can straight up say that i would determine based on different factors, cause i am bi-ased.

If the stranger was a hot lady, sure, i'd save her.

if it was some creepy dude? I'd think twice, man

yeah, alright, but what about a Chihuahua?

I mean, they are disgusting, but if you were honestly choosing between some smelly overweight person and a cute fuzzy little dog? :P
    Do I have a spit in this scenario? They look like they would be quite tasty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Of course i will choose my pet in a heartbeat. Always and forever.
    As others have said before a stranger hasn´t any significant value for me so why the hell should i choose him.
    And how often did we get to do this again? I remember having this qestion about a year(?) ago and the poll was exactly the same!
    And yes i would kill anyone who threathens my pet without a second thougt. Didn´t even care if i would get to jail for it. Fuck the fuckers which are teying to hurt my cat.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were there? Yes I absolutely would. In OPs example, you are also present for the event.
    So human life only has value to you when it is physically before you?

Yet you claim my valuing my family member's life over a stranger's life means there is something wrong with me...

Fucking bullshit.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-06-03 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, let me get this straight.

Imagine brother, sister, mother, or father. Pick whichever means the most to you.

Imagine they, and some random guys cat are both bitten by a snake whose venom is fatal 100% of the time.

The random guy has one vial of antidote, and he uses it to save his cat.

And 65% of you are okay with that?
    I won't be "okay" with that, but in the non-emotional position I am in right now - I understand their decision. Same way as, when someone has a choice to either save their mother or mine, and picks theirs, I won't be okay with that - but I understand their decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Do I have a spit in this scenario? They look like they would be quite tasty.
    You're ruthless, man, hahahaha

Proper Mad Max shit, right there :P