Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

For Legion to Thrive, it must have a Post Launch Plan

One of the biggest flaws WoD had is a long content drought, a content drought with very little additions 6.1 being laughably bad and 6.2 being very meh at best.

Legion has already been confirmed by blizzard to have more than 2 patches, which is why I believe they need to make it longer than every other expansion combined, by having regular updates nearly every 2 months.

Why Only 2 Months:

Because Blizzard doesnt really have the excuse, they are developing another expansion with Legion but at the same time they clearly have alot of people working on Legion itself, and content droughs are killing WoW's subs to the point of it never recovering from them.

Blizzard needs smaller updates again, patch content on a regular basis, if this game ends up being at 7.7 by the time it finally moves into expansion 8.0 I honestly would not mind at all.

Cant you just be content with launch content?:

Consumers go through launch now in less than a month at best, and by the time they get to raiding, something blizzard onpurposley held players back from doing at the launch of WoD, they go through it like a cheese grater.

So no, being content with launch content is a very pointless and niche argument. The playerbase needs to realize that theres more than one target audience blizzard has to please, and with patches like 3.1/2 and 5.2 it is clear that blizzard has in the past made grounds in trying to please them and knows very much that it is "capable" of doing so.

Blizzard needs an "Outlined" plan, one that gives us an idea of what to expect post launch.

Wouldnt knowing everything kill the hype?:

Just look at ESO and SWTOR for examples of how knowing everything can make a game better.

Devs constantly giving at least some kind of feedback at a regular basis gives people a reason to keep playing and know that the game is infact being loved and cared for by the team working on it.

A good game at launch just isnt good enough anymore, you need to think "ahead" of launch to be good, you need to be ready for the next month of content so that people are constantly kept Hooked to the content your offering at a regular basis.

GW2 prooved with its Season 1 and Season 2 format, that Patch content updates DEFINATLEY pay off, people will return to play the content, even if they go through it quickly, because they will have "things" to do. And for those that dont, they will wait till the full thing is done then return to have mountains of stuff to do.

There is a thousand reasons why patch content "is" better than having another expansion waiting 1 year for it with no updates. Even Ruby Sanctum as crap as it was, was something to fill the time between WOTLK and Cata, and was definatley what kept it from completley falling into stagnation.

I hope that Blizzard shits out the worst, most terribly designed instances in the universe at a rate so impressive our collective heads will suffer whiplash. Then all the people who are currently whining, bitching and moaning about the terrible lack of content will be on here complaining even louder about the amount of God awful shitshow instances we'd have.

Deleted
    If you think warlords was rushed, wait for Legion.

Deleted
    They don't need a plan. They had WoD as a proof that X Million people will play the game regardless of how little content there is and how long they need for the next expansion. If they wanted to, they could announce 8.0 at blizzcon and have another 10 months of drought and still have the playerbase they have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    They don't need a plan. They had WoD as a proof that X Million people will play the game regardless of how little content there is and how long they need for the next expansion. If they wanted to, they could announce 8.0 at blizzcon and have another 10 months of drought and still have the playerbase they have now.
    Nice avatar.

Every expansion clearly has a post launch plan, that's how development works.

Pretty pointless post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Nice avatar.

Pretty pointless post.
    Well lately those plans have been pretty horrid or poorly executed.

Why they always fail post launch plans...

The giant troll snake god raid in wrath.

The underwater raid in cata.

hmm good on mop I can't think of anything missing there.

Then the two tier expac WoD and the missing island.

Most of the time blizzard makes plans they fail...

Making a lot of assumptions about how quick people who aren't you are consuming content.
    Given how that rate of content consumption is core to your argument, then I would say that it is rather flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Nice avatar.

Pretty pointless post.
    And what if their plan is just to work on 8.0 right after the launch? That's a post launch plan, just not one you want to consider.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Fable View Post

Supposedly about half of TBC was supposed to be in Vanilla.

2 tiers were on purpose from what I recall, the goal was to make the expansion around a year long with it though. Which i think they did not succeed in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Wouldnt knowing everything kill the hype?:

Just look at ESO and SWTOR for examples of how knowing everything can make a game better.
    2 games that are borderline dead and shit on by most people?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is a reason other game pump up major content every few months, Everquest being a good example of pushing out an expansion every 6 months and they are huge. Blizzards problem is they try and reinvent the wheel every single expansion and have a nightmare balancing things instead of putting minor resources to balancing the things they have and committing major resources to raid and dungeon dev they do the opposite and give us reworked talents every exp and new spells and classes ect

And what if their plan is just to work on 8.0 right after the launch? That's a post launch plan, just not one you want to consider.
    Have fun thinking that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Making a lot of assumptions about how quick people who aren't you are consuming content.
    Given how that rate of content consumption is core to your argument, then I would say that it is rather flawed.
    Well to be fair Blizzard has stated players consume the content rather quickly.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wasn't this only some speculation of a YouTuber and not actual announced Content? (i think DangerDolan)

It was intended as a 5-man dungeon I think. They basically scrapped it, because it was a bad idea.

The funny thing here is, that exactly MoP should've been completely different than what we got xD

You're correct on Farahlon, but then again, they never announced a mid-tier....

You are very wrong.

They logically do most of the stuff they plan (an xpac is definetly bigger than a couple of zones/raids they never delivered) and changing plans or coming to the conclusion that you won't be able to do something or you find out that your idea has flaws and is bad is normal and expected to happen in a software-development project (even on small ones).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Wasn't this only some speculation of a YouTuber and not actual announced Content?
    No it has been said before by Blizz

It was intended as a 5-man dungeon I think. They basically scrapped it, because it was a bad idea.
    No it was meant to be a raid

Deleted
    Have fun thinking that.
    WoD was meant to be 12 months long... ended up almost double that. So if they still think they can do yearly expansion, they will just skip patches and go straight to the next expansion.

Anticipate the worst, so you only get pleasantly surprised

WoD was meant to be 12 months long... ended up almost double that. So if they still think they can do yearly expansion, they will just skip patches and go straight to the next expansion.

Anticipate the worst, so you only get pleasantly surprised
    Blizzard might hit the yearly expansion thing if they don't redesign the entire game every expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post-launch plan:
    A) Have second raid tier last 18 months.
    B) Make next expansion.