Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I didn't write any of the things you're implying. Either you have a problem with reading compression or you're willfully bending my statement to fit your narrative. Either way, it's obvious you just want to act outraged, so you can feel good about yourself.

Alos, stop saying stuff like 'keep it clean' and 'don't say anything like this again' as far as I'm concerned you're nobody and I don't care what triggers you.
    You said, that anybody who makes fun of him, gets to be in his situation. That is pretty much saying "I hope your daughter dies aswell". You are toxic and i hope Endus puts some harrasment warning on to you. From what i can see on your posts in here, you bring nothing good to the discussion. Just because you use metaphors, does not mean that you can get away with saying horrible stuff to other people in here.

The only thing i am outraged about, is your obvious harrasing comments about other people in here. Also, most of what you just wrote, makes no sense in context to my post.

Edit: Also, the keep it clean is just a statement i see some moderators use, when they see rude behavier. Just trying to warn you about that.
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2016-06-03 at 11:03 PM.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I remember an episode of Star Trek (I think it was Voyager) that raised an interesting dilemma. They ended up rescuing the crew of this prison ship because their ship was damaged, and one of the prisoners was this serial killer that had no empathy whatsoever, very much like the guy in this case. He had some injuries from being on the damaged ship, and while they were en route to his homeworld (where the ship was heading) the doctor requested information from their planet on the species so his injuries could be treated. Since Voyager's technology was WAY ahead of that world, it was quickly discovered that the guy had some sort of birth defect in his brain, where the lobe of the brain that controls empathy was disconnected from the rest of the brain (not damaged, just the connections to it didn't work). They had the medical knowledge to repair the defect, so this was done. Once he woke up he had a my god, what have I done moment as he truly realized what he had done throughout his life for the first time. There was a dilemma where it was asked if he could truly have been held responsible for the actions that were a result of a sort of brain damage, and since it was repaired he would be able to be a functioning member of society. Ultimately it was determined that the Prime Directive wouldn't allow them to interfere, and the guy didn't want them to anyway - he actually threw himself on the mercy of the family of the girl he killed and let the choice of whether he would live or die be up to them. They chose death for him of course, and he went to it willingly (because he felt he deserved it).

I think that people that think people can be "rehabilitated" rather than executed goes back to stuff like that "what if we had the ability to go inside the brain and correct the problem that keeps them from feeling empathy". Of course in real life that's not possible. It's an interesting dilemma to think about, but in the end, THIS guy deserves to be chained up and let the family do whatever they want to him until he's dead.

EDIT: This is the episode in question: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repent...ek:_Voyager%29
    Ahh scifi, where complex moral dilemmas are dissected and parsed out for the audience. I remember this episode well.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    So what do you hope they find out then? I comprehend just fine, do you know what the words you type actually mean?
    Just report the guys posts and hope that Endus or somebody else gets him before long.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Pay evil unto evil.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Your posts make me think you lack compassion, so why not facilitate your own wishes.
    Now we're down to 'no, you' arguments are we? lol We're done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    You said, that anybody who makes fun of him, gets to be in his situation. That is pretty much saying "I hope your daughter dies aswell". You are toxic and i hope Endus puts some harrasment warning on to you. From what i can see on your posts in here, you bring nothing good to the discussion. Just because you use metaphors, does not mean that you can get away with saying horrible stuff to other people in here.

The only thing i am outraged about, is your obvious harrasing comments about other people in here. Also, most of what you just wrote, makes no sense in context to my post.

Edit: Also, the keep it clean is just a statement i see some moderators use, when they see rude behavier. Just trying to warn you about that.
    I'm not harassing anybody. My statement is only toxic if you think it might apply to you. My point was assholes who look down on this guy should think twice about it and obviously need a life-lesson in compassion. It's obvious my intent isn't to simply wish murder on random forum posters who happen to disagree with lunging across a courtroom. That's stupid.

Anyway, I bring what I bring. Don't like it? Move along.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-06-03 at 11:16 PM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    To the OP, not a single fuck would have been givin if had been able to kill that fucker with his bare hands.
    You may not give a single fuck, but the father woul be tried for murder. So yea... some fucks will be given.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Understandable yes.

Not justified. We have a system. There are laws. Frankly, the man should be charged for assault.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Now we're down to 'no, you' arguments are we? lol We're done here.

I'm not harassing anybody. My statement is only toxic if you think it might apply to you. My point was assholes who look down on this guy should think twice about it and obviously need a life-lesson in compassion. It's obvious my intent isn't to simply wish murder on random forum posters who happen to disagree with lunging across a courtroom. That's stupid.

Anyway, I bring what I bring. Don't like it? Move along.
    You say it was not intent, yet your first post was very directed at some people, who had provoked your response. It might only be toxic to few, but it is still toxic...... Anyway, i will leave it here. I have said what should be said, and as you imply, i will move along

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arunu View Post
    Why ? i'd rather have him spend decades in jail than be done with it within a couple of years.
    Can't say i blame the father, it's a dumb move but i'd have to restrain myself like a #@#!@# to not do the same.

The child you have loved all your life, taken care of all your life and seen to develop into it's own mature personality ripped away by a cold blooded killer.
    Yeah, would probably do the same, as dumb as it may be.
    How about death by Sarlaac?
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Understandable yes.

Not justified. We have a system. There are laws. Frankly, the man should be charged for assault.
    Pretty sure he will be charged. Court rooms are no joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Understandable yes.

Whats the point? Unless he did actual bodily harm or gave the officers a really bad time, no judge or jury would convict anyone in the position. They throw you in a cell for a few hours then let you go, I say its worth it. Hell even if charged its still worth it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I feel like the father had some impressive hang time. Swear he was in the air for like a good 3 seconds. Incredible.

Otherwise, meh. Emotions. The reaction is just emotional. The law did it's job, but it is understandable the father would be upset.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just for info: the sentence is maybe never carried out, as lethal injections are impossible today, since nobody supplies a prison with the usual drugs anymore. Ohio Governor Kasich had granted additional reprieves to all inmates due to be executed in 2016 for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I feel like the father had some impressive hang time. Swear he was in the air for like a good 3 seconds. Incredible.
    After watching it closely, starting to think the cops prevented him from falling to the floor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Fable View Post
    I don't believe we should. Taking enjoyment or inflicting suffering in the name of justice isn't really justice to me.

Instead we should solemnly and with as little pain as possible end his life. The grave is punishment enough.
    All the moral talk goes down the drain when you are in the father's position.

I would be tempted give the families of the victims five minutes in a locked room with this guy. The only rule would be that they aren't allowed to cause lethal damage.

Then don't treat his injuries in any ways; just enough to keep him from bleeding to death. Let him deal with them, alone, until the day of execution.

Was he smiling before the father lunged? He seemed to be smiling/laughing because of it.

Obviously it was an emotional response, of course a mass murderer who is likely a sociopath would not understand a father's angst. Even if it was the father of one of his victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    All the moral talk goes down the drain when you are in the father's position.
    No shit. Thankfully we don't let grief dictate our justice system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pieces of shit like him are the reason I support capitol punishment. He deserves nothing less than death.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Was he smiling before the father lunged? He seemed to be smiling/laughing because of it.

Obviously it was an emotional response, of course a mass murderer who is likely a sociopath would not understand a father's angst. Even if it was the father of one of his victims.
    http://imgur.com/MLWUWk8

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Yeah that appears to be after he had already made his way over there/lunged. Was he smiling before that?