Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Yeah but now DK's look like chumps because we failed to do what we set out to do. The animosity created, all for the greater good, but with no result to show for it.
    To a degree but failing to storm another order hall doesn't do as much damage IMO for the failing party than it would if they attacked and succeeded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Darion was a chump the moment he decided to assault Lights Hope again.

After he failed the first time.
    With bigger army.
    To be fair wasn't it the lich king's idea to go get Tirion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    To a degree but failing to storm another order hall doesn't do as much damage IMO for the failing party than it would if they attacked and succeeded.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair wasn't it the lich king's idea to go get Tirion?
    No one has actually gotten to that part in the DK class hall quest line yet, so nobody knows. All we have so far is datamined information.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    No one has actually gotten to that part in the DK class hall quest line yet, so nobody knows. All we have so far is datamined information.
    True, things could turn out different than what we expect once people get there.

Deleted
    Hopefully they'll fix the bugged quests for death knights in the next beta build. Right now all Salanar dungeon quests, as well as the quests for an abomination follower and a lich follower are bugged and don't drop the quest items for DK's. The items are apparently mistagged, so they can be looted by all other classes than DK's. Also bugged is the "complete 50 world quests" quest, that's a part of the 4 horsemen line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a DK only chain or will everyone be able to do this story?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Each class hall has its own campaign that tells a different story. The death knight campaign is recreating the four horsemen.

The following thread has some info on the other class hall story lines: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ed-SPOILERS%29

Be spoiled at your own peril though.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Only DKs, it's part of the class order campaign for dks. I guess it's possible that maybe paladins would see it from the other side or at least reference it but I haven't seen anything to indicate that yet.

Well, new patch new speculations arise because they still haven't decided who becomes the 4th. All we know so far is that we go in there, repeat the invasion (we even raise shit..... again) and fight off Liadrin. Still doesn't say whether we get Tirion or Darion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    Let's be honest here: The appeal of having Tirion as a fourth Horseman was similar to Zeliek, seeing him be a bearer of the Light even in his darkest time. Unfortunately, Tirion... before Ashbringer, he was never a very good Paladin, and the player getting Ashbringer is a pretty permanent way to give that up. He completely gave up on the Light after his son's death, and spoilers for Tirion's death in the first place, Gul'dan easily breaks what little power with the Light he still has - in no small part because he used his one final blessing to finish off Arthas.
    He completed his arc, he passed on the blade. To keep him around any longer would've been kicking a dead horse.

I'm saying that he's a big douchebag all the time, but nobody wants to believe me.

You are one to talk M-ra
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I'm saying that he's a big douchebag all the time, but nobody wants to believe me.
    Because your reasoning makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Funny how this has nothing to do with the post you quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    So... Anyone else thinking (hoping?) that LK is trying to alienate the Ebon Blade so they will come running to him for protection when the paladins (and probably the rest of the world) comes knocking?

Damn, i really miss the mastermind Lich King. Wasn't nearly enough of that post Frozen Throne.

If DKs don't get Tirion, and I understand why Blizzard could change their mind on that one, then my opinion would be either Ebon Blade doesn't invade at all or they invade get to Tirion's body, offer him the choice to come back as one of the Horsemen, but he declines maybe have him make some speech to try and stop an all out war between the paladins and Dks (at least for the moment). Having the Ebon Blade invade and fail utterly just seems cheap, at least if they succeed the paladins would have the excuse of it being a surprise attack when their forces are at the lowest, the other way just makes the DKs look incompetent.

As for Bolvar/Lich King's it's obvious the helm and his undeath have changed him, I don't think he is full evil yet, he's just in the same state as the rest of the Ebon Blade Death Knights, he will do what he believes will ensure the greatest chance of victory with the lowest cost, The reason he works with the Ebon Blade is because honestly, who else would work with him? Bolvar's other option is to use the nuclear option of the Scourge against the Legion and well that probably wouldn't end well for anyone.
    Having said all that Bolvar could continue to evolve because of the helm and the full Lich King could return in the future and try to take over/manipulate the Ebon Blade.

I hope they don't make Bolvar fully evil. I like the idea of a benevolent or anti-heroic Lich King a lot more than Wrath of the Lich King 2.0.

But after seeing how they handled Wrathion I'm not optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I hope they don't make Bolvar fully evil. I like the idea of a benevolent or anti-heroic Lich King a lot more than Wrath of the Lich King 2.0.

But after seeing how they handled Wrathion I'm not optimistic.
    I also really hope they don't make him fully evil. If they do, it's essentially the same as reviving Arthas - it's better to have a different (and more interesting) character like Bolvar.

Saidan Dathrohan would've been the perfect choice instead of Nazgrim.

Having Nazgrim really makes no sense to me, other than the urge to make Horde players feel a bit more affilliated to the whole order, but I believe that is the key issue with the storytelling in the past few expansions; the story is being guided by these out of character balance issues rather than a good plot on its own. They could've achieved the same by adding a blood elf instead of Nazgrim.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-06 at 02:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Dathrohan was possessed by a dreadlord (balnazzar), and his flesh and bones no longer exist, so not a whole lot to raise into a death knight.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Saidan_Dathrohan

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Dathrohan was possessed by a dreadlord (balnazzar), and his flesh and bones no longer exist, so not a whole lot to raise into a death knight.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Saidan_Dathrohan
    Thoras Trollbane would've decomposed by now too and Nazgrim would've been burnt on a pyre due to orcish tradition. The first one is dead since the Third War(unless his corspe was treated in a royal way to be preserved in the tomb) and the other one is dead for two expansions already. Thoras' body was probably preserved and that makes sense as he was a king, but there is no way Nazgrim's body was preserved aswell.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-06 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post

Having Nazgrim really makes no sense to me, other than the urge to make Horde players feel a bit more affilliated to the whole order, but I believe that is the key issue with the storytelling in the past few expansions; the story is being guided by these out of character balance issues rather than a good plot on its own. They could've achieved the same by adding a blood elf instead of Nazgrim.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was to try and have parity with Taylor, who's also undead.

Granted, a ghost dicking around in our garrison is less impressive than a horseman of the apocalypse.