Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gaymers United Pride Parade 6/4/2016

Hey guys,

Today http://www.gaymersunited.com/pride-parade/ is hosting a gay pride parade on the proudmoore realm. There will be events and giveaways happening. It will be a'lot of fun. Please straight,gay,bi,transgender alike come join us for this amazing event!
    Last edited by Petezaparty; 2016-06-04 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petezaparty View Post
    Hey guys,

Today http://www.gaymersunited.com/pride-parade/ is hosting a gay pride parade on the proudmoore realm. There will be events and giveaways happening. It will be a'lot of fun. Please straight,gay,bi,transgender alike come join us for this amazing event!
    I have a question.

Gay people wish to be included as a normal person, and not treated differently, but yet gay people go out of their way to segment themselves into a named category.

Why do you label yourself if you want to be treated just like any other person?

I don't go out of my way to call myself a Whitey Gamer, or Dude Gamer, or Straight Gamer.

Why do you guys go out of your way to classify yourself as a special segment of gamer? Why can't you just be a Gamer who happens to be Gay, but you don't make it your key point of identification?

This is a genuine question.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    I have a question.

Gay people wish to be included as a normal person, and not treated differently, but yet gay people go out of their way to segment themselves into a named category.

I don't go out of my way to call myself a Whitey Gamer, or Dude Gamer, or Straight Gamer.

Why do you guys go out of your way to classify yourself as a special segment of gamer? Why can't you just be a Gamer who happens to be Gay, but you don't make it your key point of identification?

because they are "special snowflakes" and need to rub it in everyone face.

really, the first step to how to get accepted in society is not to rub your differences into everyone face.
    its "want cake?" and not "EAT DA CAKE! EAT DA CAKE AND LOVE IT!"
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-06-04 at 03:45 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Im vegan. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post

really, the first step to how to get accepted in society is not to rub your difference into everyone face.
    As someone who suffers from gender dsyphoria, i must make it clear that the "special snowflakes" only represent 1% of the lgbt community, and even less in the transgender community and even then we are only 0.3% of the population, as to remarks about why people need a gay pride/etc it's celebrating that lgbt people can live freely and not be oppressed, hence why there is no straight pride as straight people haven't been oppressed on the other hand, being gay, lesbian, etc isn't anything to be proud of as pride is an accomplishment, i would urge anyone who encounters a special snowflake and rubs in the fact being gay, having gender dsyphoria, etc makes them special just tell them to stfu and ignore them, no-one is special most people in the lgbt community just want to fit in like everyone else and not be oppressed, which most do

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxOctopus View Post
    i must make it clear that the "special snowflakes" only represent 1%
    oh i know that, its just annoying.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You make no sense, I invite you to take a seat.

really, the first step to how to get accepted in society is not to rub your differences into everyone face.
    Horde always.

Is it me or is this sort of thing becoming more common in MMO's recently? Not against a person choosing whom they want to be but you get my question.

Having a cultural event isn't rubbing it into peoples faces, that could be applied to any event and spun that way.

It's a call out to other gay people to attend and be among similar people.

Homosexuals and other similar minorities are still persecuted everywhere around the world, we should be proud we let these events happen and encourage them even as heterosexuals instead of being weirdly jealous and envious people are having fun at a fucking event. You are part of the problem if you see these events as a problem.

We should be happy we don't have to have Heterosexual brigades because being Hetero is "the normal". Homosexuals are commonly persecuted and abused to this day and have been forever for openly flourishing that they are Homosexual, so they have these Festivals and Parades so they can openly be themselves around others without the persecution.

Ignorance at it's finest.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-06-04 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Is it me or is this sort of thing becoming more common in MMO's recently? Not against a person choosing whom they want to be but you get my question.
    People are just becoming more comfortable with themselves, i know people who have been beaten and raped for being who they are, but great thing about the mmo is you can create a character and you can be that character

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Having a cultural event isn't rubbing it into peoples faces, that could be applied to any event and spun that way.

It's a call out to other gay people to attend and be among similar people.

Homosexual and other people are still persecuted everywhere around the world, we should be proud we let these events happen and encourage them even as heterosexuals instead of being weirdly jealous and envious people are having fun at a fucking event. You are part of the problem if you see these events as a problem.

Idiots man.

We should be happy we don't have to have Heterosexual brigades because being Hetero is "the normal". Homosexuals are commonly persecuted and abused to this day and have been forever for openly flourishing openly that they are Homosexual, so they have these Festival and Parades so they can openly be themselves around others without the persecution.

Ignorance at it's finest.
    By posting stuff like this, you are asking for nothing but attention from trolls.

These forums are for gaming, not about if you find male/female/dog attractive.

Also posting this to general instead of rp or w/e forums just makes it look like you want to rub your shit on my face. (I know you are not OP)

There was similiar thread open few days ago Link
    What makes you believe its good idea to post same shit and expect for diffirent results? (Thread full of trolls, locked. Also shit about sexuality is on blacklist on this forum?)

I have a question.

You could not be more spot on. They don't want to be treated normally; they want everyone to know what they've chosen to be, and they want laws changed to suit them, etc, etc.

I don't need a hetero gamer parade, because I'm not a vocal minority trying to spread tyranny onto a majority.

I will never understand the point of these things. Why not just a regular event? Why label it with a Gay parade?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question.

same with vegans i guess lol
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like the parade, don't go. Everyone is welcome if you read the flyer.
    Horde always.

I have a question.

From my point of view, it's because people still have reactions like "special snowflakes", "rub it in everyone's face", "vocal minority trying to spread tyranny"... When people say "Good for them" or even "Meh, whatever" instead of these reactions when they see a small event during pride month, they will become (more) pointless for sure.

And while I never felt the need to identify myself as 'gaymer', I can sorta understand why some people might. If you go through some hardships just because your sexuality, it can easily become a bigger part of your identity. Some people actively try to create safe(r) spaces for themselves and surrounding yourself with similar people is an easy way to do that. At least some of the LGBTQ guilds are created, because some people actually need them since they just want to have fun while playing a game.

It's one of the ways to cope with things. You want to get accepted, but of course you don't, so you shape your identity with it. I personally feel like gamer culture is generally in a better shape though... Yeah the number of queer characters in games might be quite low (or non-existant), but I'm not sure if we still need people to identify themselves as gaymers now. Maybe they see something I don't...

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I will never understand the point of these things. Why not just a regular event? Why label it with a Gay parade?
    Too attract gay people to them, why the fuck do you think. Use your brain for a shred of a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    See the post above yours and his terminology and you have the answer to your question.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, nice response. Same could be said for Gay/Lesbian Bars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Too attract gay people to them, why the fuck do you think. Use your brain for a shred of a second.
    Horde always.

I have a question.

Because for a long time mainstream society treated the GLBT community like they were beneath them not deserving respect or even civil rights. These events are held every June to remind everyone not just the GLBT community that we have much in common with each other and that the GLBT community isn't all that different from anyone else.