Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    So because you're incapable of using all your spells, noone else should?

An example, Turn Evil is a situational ability, in an expansion where you're the new wielder of the Ashbringer.. In an expansion full of demons, you've lost the ability to exorcise demons? Why the hell would they prune it?

If you like ability pruning, you're either a bad player, or a raider who only cares about topping the dmg meters.
    Specific examples are better discussed than an outright bashing of a prune being bad "just because".
    Rather ignorant to pidgeonole everyone with that view as being a bad player.
    There have been examples where a good argument was made for removal or pruning.
    You just don't want to see it because you got into the stupid mindset that less is bad because it is less.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I like this. We don't need anywhere near the amount of abilities we currently have.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Not being able to battle res on my 100 Frost DK surprised me.

Still getting a feel for things, but it's growing on me.
    wait, did they remove dk's ability to brez?

as said, the bars showed is without any form of macros, on-use trinkets, pots, and stuff like that. I think this is fine.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2016-06-04 at 10:13 PM.

Whats useless to you is useful to me.
    No i think there is a strong criteria for worthwhile abilities that are worth preserving, turn evil for example just isnt one.

Basically any qbility that is incredibly situational, low use rate and low impact, or has alot of overlap, is worth pruning. Each ability takes up a keybind, some simply havent earnt it, some just get macroed into other abilities and some just get ignored.

Also many players are complaining that utility is getting 'gutted', but fail to consider that this is a sweeping change that affects everyone. Relatively most will have the same utility, and not having an answer to everything and playing to your strengths while trying to cover your weaknesses is a much more interesting design, i dont think anyone thouht it was cool when batman puled yout his ultra specific gadgets from his utility belt

Judging by this criteria i think bliz has done a good job removing the junk spells, consolidating other spells and resetting the utility arms race so that classes can feel more unique

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    as said, the bars showed is without any form of macros, on-use trinkets, pots, and stuff like that.
    i think this is the most important part. for example in arena at least 2-3 abilities will be tripled(for arena123), then you have trinkets, then u have peoples own preferences(like i would like a macro for combust+on use trinket), etc. if u apply this to a fire mage, it might not look so bad, but if you apply it to a destro lock who also manages all his pets, easily full bars everywhere.

If you like ability pruning, you're either a bad player, or a raider who only cares about topping the dmg meters.
    but thats fine, since this is exactly who the game is aimed at now

Whats useless to you is useful to me.
    Literally the poster quote for people with hoarding addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Literally the poster quote for people with hoarding addiction.
    nope, literally the poster quote for people that enjoy classes designed for mmo gameplay, not exclusively raiding gameplay or "help I can't handle more then 10 keybinds at a time" gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Gekai View Post
    + on-use trinkets + items for questing (like that hook, parachutes or engineer stuff)

Edit: sry overread that you mentioned useful items.
    No problem! There are tons of things that can be placed on those bars!

I have a total of 26+ key binds (what an MMO should consist of) and now only use 17ish of them. Kinda crap to be honest.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Nice. I'm sick of this mindset that more abilities = better gameplay. Mount & Blade achieves far more complexity with four-directional attack system than all the bloat these ingrates could stuff themselves with. Not the best comparison but the general idea of "less is more" has worked for many games like MOBAs and whatnot.

Thank you very much for the Imgur album of all of the spec Spells. I am planning on doing a interface experience case study on WoW and how the default user interface does not compliment the contemporary WoW experience. It was fine 10 years ago when the hardest raid bosses consisted of standing still for 10 minutes while you played your mana pool, but contemporary WoW plays nothing like classic WoW. There is now much more of an emphasis on character movement, dodging area effects, tight rotation execution and spikes in health that the default UI is simply not good. Now with the action camera and reduced ability quantity I think there is a pretty good case for reinventing the default UI to focus on what is important.

Deleted
    So basically, the number of buttons is still pretty much the same as it is in wod? That's what I gathered there.

Looked at feral druid, afflock, resto/ele shaman bars and it looks like you still need a super 100 button mouse and octopus hands in order to pvp efficiently.

And here I was thinking they'd actually try to reduce the ability clutter to vanilla levels.

That is depressing.

Deleted
    this is so sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Prepare yourself for console.
    Some Classes really have like 50% of others, still a big difference.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Thing is, a lot of abilities really could be combined with others.

Charge, Intervene and Heroic Leap could be combined into one ability with a lowered cooldown to compensate for the resulting lack of mobility.
    Have a heal and a res? Combine the two abilities, but have it work differently if you target a living character or a corpse.
    All those profession buttons? Give us a button like we have for portals, teleports and poisons, that lets us stick them all together on one button.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton