Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    They're only rich due to support from society so they have a duty to support society in return.
    that is complete bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    that is complete bollocks.
    So their wealth just drops from the sky, instead of the population buying their products?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're only rich due to support from society so they have a duty to support society in return.
    Care to elaborate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    So their wealth just drops from the sky, instead of the population buying their products?
    How is that support? That's simple economics.

They are forcing people at gunpoint to buy there products?

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Someone has more money than others because he's more hardowrking/succesfull in life? HE SHOULD PAY MORE TAXES!
    ^ Typical Lefties arogant thinking
    I think the thing that really baffles me about this argument is the fact that every person who touts it seems to be under the impression that if you get taxed more, you're still not making a drastic amount more money and are still better off than everyone else.

Nobody is trying to say the rich shouldn't be rich, at least not anyone with any sort of sense. What they are saying is that the rich are so unbelievably rich in some parts of the world that they restrict the economy, and the lives of millions shouldn't be expended for the excess lavish of a few. Taxing the rich doesn't mean "take money from so much of the upper-class that you are no longer allowed to be rich and we can all be equal".

I'd also like to point out that many of the people who are paid in such ridiculous excess that the taxes might actually affect them are in many cases the people who are allowed to determine their own wage. Should they not be restricted by someone? Why do we accept things like CEOs earning hundreds of times the hourly wage of even managers in some companies? Do you stand by that practice and support it by your statement that left-wing thinking is somehow "arrogant"?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    How is that support? That's simple economics.
    Putting the money you earned back into the economy enables an economy to exist in the first place. The super rich "mostly" skip that part. They take but don't give. It's an unsustainable model in the long run, given that the rich are getting richer by the day. It wouldn't work if the middle class did the same thing, why would it work with the rich?

10+ Year Old Account
    Care to elaborate?
    Schools, roads, firefighters and police, functioning government and military defense. Very hard to be successful without these things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob View Post
    They are forcing people at gunpoint to buy there products?
    The gunpoint is boredom, hunger and need for shelter so yeah they kinda are unless they want to live in woods and eat roots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Schools, roads, firefighters and police, functioning government and military defense. Very hard to be successful without these things.
    And rich people don't pay taxes at all? A lot of the super rich donate to those institutions, more than your average tax.

You've got one of the greediest, xenophobic, arrogan, insanely stupid, selfish shallow busnressman in history leading your party Hubcap - and yet you focus on attacking "leftists"?

And don't give me this bullshit he's a genius because he's a billionaire. Is Justn Beiber a genius because he's a self-made multi millionaire? Does that qualify him to be President?
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-06-05 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Someone has more money than others because he's more hardowrking/succesfull in life? HE SHOULD PAY MORE TAXES!
    Or by fucking others over.

And rich people don't pay taxes at all? A lot of the super rich donate to those institutions, more than your average tax.
    Ummm... No, they really don't.

In fact, your "president you want to be" has the reputation for donating the least amount out of all the billionaires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    The issue with Left leaning policies is many of them are pretty good on paper but fall short when you actually try to apply them to the real World.
    You mean like in Scandinavia and the Netherlands?

I think everyone should be taxed at the exact same rate regardless of income.

Everyone should have some skin in the game and everyone should pay their "fair share".

That and get rid of every single loophole.

Basic income, like minimum wage is bad for the economy as a whole because creating price floors economically is bad policy.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

Well yes, because the really rich don't put the money back into the system but mostly just hoard it to themselves. They have all the benefits of "working" the system to their advantage but none of the negatives.
    Sounds just like the politicians to me. I would be for the tax, if it could be proven that it was going to help people. The fact is that it will not. Only a small percentage will (if that), the rest will be consumed by the government. I am not against more taxes per se, I am against the government, in its current state, collecting more taxes because I do not trust them.

Someone once asked Jay-Z if he was against higher taxes to feed the poor. He said he would gladly pay it if the government could prove to him it was going to feed the poor. Surprisingly, the government never took him up on his offer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

In fact, your "president you want to be" has the reputation for donating the least amount out of all the billionaires.
    yet what he has donated if likely more than you will earn in your lifetime. so your point is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    I think everyone should be taxed at the exact same rate regardless of income.

Everyone should have some skin in the game and everyone should pay their "fair share".

That and get rid of every single loophole.

Basic income, like minimum wage is bad for the economy as a whole because creating price floors economically is bad policy.
    That would mean taxes would increase for the poor, who already have a hard time with money.

...fuck, sometimes it seems like capitalists want to go back to its roots from the Dutch golden age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

My what? Ohh right, there's nothing but USA, no? The world doesn't revolve around your arshole.

Deleted
    What happend to taxing people equaly? (spell??)

i mean, lets say, i earn 1000000000m a month, and tax 15% of that, and then another guy earns 100 of whatever currency and tax 15% of that, wouldent that work?

(Notice, numbers are just pulled out of thin air, some serious magic there)

I mean, some people who earn a boatload of cash, barely pay any tax compared to us who barely earn anything :S

Deleted
    As if hard working guarantees lots of money. Because the way I see it the only way to get rich fairly is by winning the lottery or by starting a revolution in a business. If you get rich by just 'working hard' it's probably due to deceit, nepotism, scamming, etc.