Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Would've been smarter if they went for the Arthas/Lich King story right away.
    I think that would've been the better choice, even if it meant that people new to the series don't get to see how the orcs came to Azeroth. One of my fears about this movie when its plot was first announced was the pacing issue, that they had to switch a lot around the Alliance and Horde. And this became a major issue in the movie after all, which resulted in some very fast pacing with only very little time between scenes and very little buildup to anything. As a result, every death in this movie felt emotionless and they all just felt like throwaway characters. Now I see Legendary trying to hype up the ''Alliance vs Horde'' thing as some kind of promotion, which I guess is a good marketing stunt that wouldn't have worked as much in an Arthas movie.

But if they did make an Arthas movie instead, we'd have a more linear storyline which would have a lot more breating time to flesh out characters and the universe. People woud have a better chance to get into Arthas as a character, with everything he's going trough. And secondary characters like Jaina, Uther and Muradin would've been great additions to the cast as his love interest and 2 mentors. It may seem more like a cliché fantasy, but it would really work.

Its like i said before, a movie franchise does not necessarily have to start at the very beginning. I name Star Wars as a great example, that basically started out where the good stuff happened that made the franchise popular in the first place. And it was like 15 years later that they started to make a prequel trilogy, so that everyone had the opportunity to see how Darth Vader became the character they knew, and how the Jedi had fallen in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by dess View Post
    40% at least is better rating then BvS ... lol
    I'd call BvS a better movie than Warcraft, despite both of their flaws. I see a common complaint about BvS being actually about their pacing issues, but I'd say its far worse with Warcraft.

It's like hardcore WoW fans don't realize they are the least objective people in the world when it comes to reviewing this movie.

It will probably take a few years before the fans form an honest opinion about it.

When Star Wars Episode 1 came out the hardcore fans were in denial about it for the first year or two, pretending they loved it and how awesome it was. It wasn't until 2-3 years later everyone sorta collectively had the courage to sorta admit it was terrible.
    Last edited by Zaqwert; 2016-06-05 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Average means it's neither good or bad, which directly translates into 5/10.
    Even these kind of votes are victim of inflation. 5/10 is considered horrible in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I never wanted to in the first place. Hollywood and Gamertown need to stay way the fuck away from each other. Which, by the way also works in reverse; games based off movies are typically rushed-out shit. And don't even get me started on games based off movies about games...

*shudder* it... even... had an arcade version...
    Street Fighter: The Movie about a Game: The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I've had two decades of education.
    A 5 sucks.
    Average/okay would be a 6-7.

The point is that you shouldn't compare it.
    You should rate a movie based on how the movie itself is.
    "It sucks compared to LOTR" is no reason to give it a bad rating, because everything sucks compared to that.

Warcraft deserves a 7.5, an 8 at most.
    Anything above that is what I'd call fanboy-bias.
    Anything below that is a bias against it.
    Just because it isn't as good as LotR doesn't mean it sucks. I don't believe I've seen anyone being that black and white about anything.
    Like "oh how cute, Christopher Nolan made a new movie but it certainly wasn't as good as The Godfather so here's a 1/10." It just doesn't happen.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    Just like game reviews, movie reviews are worthless. I watched it, i loved it. Looking forward to the next one, wich should be even better cause the story of the series gets better. Can't wait to see some Legion action.

Deleted
    Saw the movie this weekend and I think they could of done so much more with the it. It wasn't terrible and think it should be higher than the RT rating (which I think is getting extra negativity from the state of the mmo currently) but not amazing either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    In the movie, they are just mindless killers compelled to do every whim of their master Gul'dan.
    No they aren't. There's a real conflict within the Horde and multiple occasions where the orcs don't follow his orders. Saying more would spoil to much.

When has rotten tomatoes ever been a good review-site anyway? Ive always heard of them being talked about as a joke critics who do extreme reviews aka they basically dont like anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    When has rotten tomatoes ever been a good review-site anyway? Ive always heard of them being talked about as a joke critics who do extreme reviews aka they basically dont like anything.
    They aren't critics at all, so I'm not sure who you heard that from.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    I never take reviews seriously if it's from critics - imo they're just people that criticize stuff they couldn't be bothered to create.

Rotten Tomatoes is a critic site I've been ignoring for a while and will continue to do such.

Deleted
    Hey Warcraft fans!!
    I am writing this open letter to every Warcraft fan in the US. Many things have been said about the upcoming movie, mostly negative things coming from critics.
    I am 15 years in this beautifull world/lore called Warcraft so many memories, i was so hyped to watch this movie, personally i would watch it even if it was bad because i have spent a HUGE portion on my life on this world and i also have invested a lot of money through game cards etc.

After having watched the movie yesterday i can clearly and genuinely tell u that this is a very solid movie, and for Warcraft fans its a GREAT movie, it has some character development issues(mainly because of screen cut time) but the movie overall is VERY GOOD. Fantastic CGI-fantastic music-decent overall performances except Cooper fantastic action, and Drama that it even made my gf cry.Moreover u can see the love and care DUncan Jones has put in this film, it feels it smells IT IS warcraft!

I dont want to disregard any reviewer but the average critics scores in Denmark/germany/Sweden-France-Russia are all relatevly between 6 and 8 this cant be a coincidense.THere are also many people who knew nothing about the lore and enjoyed it very much!.

I will be completely honest with u, i am writing this because Warcraft currently has a very decent openning (mainly EU and some small asian markets) of 70 million. It projects to do 200-250 mill in CHina and not 300-350 as first predictions said(still a huge number).Also 70-90 milion to the rest of the world.

So in order for this movie to have a chanse for a sequel it needs to do at least 70-80 mil in US and with the recent very bad predictions of 17-22 mill opening it doesnt seem like it.
    If the movie was BAD i would still watch 1 time just because its Warcraft but i promise i would NEVER write this letter to try to convince u to watch this, and that comes from someone who has been very vocal against some Blizzard decisions, i have a recent post with 100.00o hits in MMO champ me whining about Blizzard bringing vanilla servers.Blizzard -Legendary have done a fantastic job on the film.

Some friends in Florida told me that they booked tickets for the premier and the IMAX theatre was almost empty they were shocked,this means that some players fans of Warcraft are still sceptical about watching the film.

I know that the USA has the fanbase and the POWER to carry this film if they want if they show up, even with the low RT scores, even with the latest super hero hype..even with this ''trend of bad movie adaptations'' being around. I Genuinely beileve that if the US crowd and fanbase decides to show up we will..no you will make a VERY strong late push for the film to help it boost.I Know you have that POWER and u can surprise everyone in the box office

I wont lie, i am trying to convince u to see the film, because it is a good film and it would be a shame if we dont see the universe we all love continue the trip that just started convisingly in my opinion!Take a friend, take your family and watch the film if u have of course the money to do it!

I will personally try to watch this film once again when it will get released in Greece June 10th, if my financial situation allows me to(Greek crisis-feelsbadman).

THank you for reading this and sorry for my many spelling mistakes(Hopefully mods wont delete my post...)

With Respect George

Quote Originally Posted by LividCynic View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes is a critic site I've been ignoring for a while and will continue to do such.
    ignoring them while posting about them GG #blizzboylogic

On Topic the movie took a dump back down to 19%. you dont get scores that low if the movie is any good

RIP sequels

I really really enjoyed it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Sniglet View Post
    ignoring them while posting about them GG #blizzboylogic

On Topic the movie took a dump back down to 19%. you dont get scores that low if the movie is any good

RIP sequels
    You can almost guarantee that the haters of the fanbase are still going to watch the movie.

So more money for Legendary and Blizzard.

I get some of the hate but it is not looking like people that hate on the film are avoiding it full throttle.
    Last edited by daywalker02; 2016-06-06 at 12:43 AM.

SNIp..
    It's cool to hate World of Warcraft, doesn't change the fact that we get reports like that on the frontpage.
    You don't achieve stuff like that if the movie was so bad.
    Unless of course it's a wow driven website. That might make a difference in front page material or just a post in the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    He can still discuss it without ever using the site.
    TMNT got a sequel.
    Fast and Furious was generally low and still gets a 7th sequel

They kept making Adam Sandler films. I'm not sure this is the territory you wish to compare the warcraft films to but it certainly supports the sequel argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Sniglet View Post
    RIP sequels
    The problem is sequels aren't really determined by quality of movie or critic scores. It is a 100% profit driven. It doesn't even have to be amazing profits. I mean think though the years some of the terrible movies that have gotten 2 or 3 plus sequels. First ones that come to my mind and are tied to the conversation are those terrible Resident Evil movies. Video game based, heavy CGI, and terrible reviews all kinda makes them the "almost" the same topic. But they just keep making those movies. Also by profits I am not talking The Force Awakens numbers. Really it likely just has to crack a already predetermined percentage that they have written down somewhere. With all that said, again, it doesn't mean the movie is any good. But good is really subjective. Some people are going to love it. Some are going to hate it. All for whatever reasons they see fit. But if it sells enough tickets no matter the general opinion they will make another one. But with 70 million already cleared and it not opening in the US or China yet is kinda telling. It is going to clear the budget. It is going to make money. More then enough money. I am going to guess 250 million (plus) before it is all said and done and I am playing it REALLY safe. That is still clearing almost a 100 million profit over the budget of 160 million. Not many people mind putting 160 million on a shelf and then getting 250+ million dollars back a year later.

But I will say it again. Even after all this. It doesn't mean the movie is good. But it is something I can and only will judge once I see it myself. Which is likely, yes, on pay-per-view or HBO (something along those lines).

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    They kept making Adam Sandler films. I'm not sure this is the territory you wish to compare the warcraft films to but it certainly supports the sequel argument.
    I dislike the shitty movies getting sequels argument in favor of Warcraft (even though I do think some people are being overly harsh in their approximations of the film's worth). Many of the garbage movies which do get sequels are sequels of franchise films, films which some Hollywood executive has labeled worthy of some kind of lineage even if it's little more than a half-assed cash grab.

Ironically, the two films opening in direct competition to Warcraft in the US market -- The Conjuring 2 and Now You See Me 2 -- are both sequels of movies which likely would not have ever been produced if not for this very reason.

game movies isnt an excuse for a bad movie, I think the upcoming Kingsglaive for FFXV is going to be amazing.

100% CG with voice acting > whoever thought a live action of Warcraft was a good idea.