Poll: When should the Suramar raid be released?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

When should the Suramar raid be released?

Blackrock Foundry was released about 3 months after WoD launch. When should Legion's equivalent Suramar raid be released?

5-6 months after Emerald nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    5-6 months after Emerald nightmare.
    Do you think that a 7 boss raid can last up to 6 months? That's almost 1 boss a month (ie. Hellfire Citadel level).

Deleted
    I voted 5+ months, because raids can easily last that long, if Blizzard let them. Probably wouldn't want it to be more than 5 months after though, so 5 is my answer really. Other kinds of content are very welcome more often than that, but raids should be allowed to "live out their time".

Edit: It is kind of a short raid, should probably have voted 3-4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Do you think that a 7 boss raid can last up to 6 months? That's almost 1 boss a month (ie. Hellfire Citadel level).
    We raided Dragon Soul for 301 days and that was 8 bosses.

Plus there are 11 world bosses at release too.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    We raided Dragon Soul for 301 days and that was 8 bosses.

Plus there are 11 world bosses at release too.
    I would not count World Bosses to the list tbh, ever since MoP they have been fairly bad :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    I would not count World Bosses to the list tbh, ever since MoP they have been fairly bad :/
    Also considering that Mythic+ and World Quests are going to continue to provide endgame players with loot progression I don't think anyone will be bored with a 7 boss raid for 6 months, as long as it is challenging.

Deleted
    I have a feeling Xavius will be killed by no more than top 6-700 guilds on Mythic, But I think 5+ Month's be spot on, will give the content time/space.

Deleted
    The later the better

I asked this question some time ago and people said that Blizzard stated they really liked the HM>BRF schedule, so I imagine it'll also be out in ~3 months.

If you combine those bosses with all the new content of a just released expansion, yes.

Also, its the Emerald nightmare, ppl been wanting a whole expansion located in it.

Isnt Suramar an entry level raid, like Naxx2 and Kara?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Isnt Suramar an entry level raid, like Naxx2 and Kara?
    I think Emerald Nightmare is the initial entry level raid. I think.

The time between Highmaul and BRF was fine, problem was the time between BRF and HFC was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast.

So that lead to not much time to kill mythic Blackhand and get the Feature of Strength.

But they wanted to release on same day as the final fantasy xpac so we got it early.

Even if it doesn't last 6 months, I'd rather have some extra downtime sooner when the expansion is still fresh as opposed to later (e.g., end of MOP and WOD)

Deleted
    The time between Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry could have been a bit longer. Ideally raids should open 2 weeks after launch, I thought the three weeks in WoD were a bit too long. Then 4 months of Emerald Nightmare. Of course this is just for me personally. I also think the Feat of Strength from Emerald Nightmare should be removed with the launch of Suramar Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I asked this question some time ago and people said that Blizzard stated they really liked the HM>BRF schedule, so I imagine it'll also be out in ~3 months.
    But this would set it to release just before Christmas, which I don't think (hope not) will happen. Guilds would have to take a raiding break right at the start of new content and Blizz employees would have to be at work fixing bugs instead of taking a holiday. Doesn't seem like a good idea.

I think it'll come out in January, works for me.

Deleted
    As soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    But this would set it to release just before Christmas, which I don't think (hope not) will happen. Guilds would have to take a raiding break right at the start of new content and Blizz employees would have to be at work fixing bugs instead of taking a holiday. Doesn't seem like a good idea.

I think it'll come out in January, works for me.
    Icecrown and Cataclysm both released in December so I don't think that'd be a problem.

My only problem with Emerald nightmare lasting so long is no tier gear from it.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!