Poll: Artifacts: Lazy or Interesting?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Boring.

Having the same weapon for one whole expansion is just absurd.

But it's not lazy, since they're designing 36 weapons, with various designs and customization... but each player (character) will only use between 1-2-3 on the expansion, making it absolutely bland.

As for the talents, i find it amusing watching people praising them whilst mocking vanilla ones at the same time... hilarious.
    If you mean appearances, then you can transmog your artifact to other appearances from the wardrobe collection.
    There will be some who are using the more recognisable appearances, such as doomhammer simply because "IT's DOOMHAMMER !!!!".
    But there will be plenty of others, myself included who see the wardrobe as an opportunity to use looks we would have overlooked previously, or even weren't aware we had access to.
    Admittedly so far I have not been creative with transmogs, in part due to me being somewhat of a hoarder of "novelty" stuff, so not having the inventory space to really cater to that experimentation.
    That is something I will have the option to do in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    A good amount of people I know typically transmog every new weapon they get to the same one that matches their current transmog set. So, it didn't really matter.
    The only issue there is the fixed weapon type.
    A caster using a staff for instance in their current appearance would be prevented if their weapon changes to a main and off-hand, which you cannot do anything to change.
    That fixed weapon type of the artifact will forcefully break some weapon transmogs unfortunately.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-05 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Not sure how its lazy

1 Our artifacts will have stories to go with them
    2 Blizzard will be adding skins for each weapon, which is the same as those models anyway
    3 Its a second talent system
    4 Our weapons carry more meaning, instead of just something we found on a dead body

In essence this is another case of "People will hate on Blizzard no matter what"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Artifacts are fine... though I do hope they still add weapon xmog for boss drops etc..

Yeah sure, it's "lazy" to pour actual lore and uniqueness with trait trees into the weapons instead of just creating random shit that drops off a boss and is replaced with the next tier...

Seriously...they've put more effort into our weapons this expansion than in ANY expansion before, yet idiots sit around pulling the "lazy Blizzard!!!"-card...?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-06-05 at 07:57 PM.

one might call it boring, lame and what have you but it is far from lazy, infact it is much less lazy than just creating new models each raid tiers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things. Regular weapon drops would be soooooo much more complex, right?
    Yes, and interesting.

There are many words to describe Blizzard. "Lazy" has never been one of them.

Boring.

But it's not lazy, since they're designing 36 weapons, with various designs and customization... but each player (character) will only use between 1-2-3 on the expansion, making it absolutely bland.

As for the talents, i find it amusing watching people praising them whilst mocking vanilla ones at the same time... hilarious.
    How is it preferable than having like 4 different weapons throughout the expansion?

Also it's not exactly the same as the Vanilla tree since you can eventually grind out every single Artifact talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    How is making 36 different artifact weapons, every weapon with alot of different colours and even different "skins" lazy?
    It has nothing to do with Blizz being "lazy" in any case.

IDK what idiot started that meme a few years ago but...if Blizz doesn't do this or that with the game, the reason is that it costs them less overhead and thus increases profits, not because they're lazy.

No one is sitting around at a terminal going, "Oh geez..*yawn*...I don't think I'll bother doing that today...too much work." If they were they'd likely be let go.

You can bet if adding, modifying, or deleting something increases profits by causing longer sub time, Blizz will bust its ass to get it done.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-06-05 at 09:28 PM.

There are about the same amount of weapon models, maybe less, because of all the Artifact skins for all thirty-six (36) different specializations. In place of actual weapon drops are the Relics which improve the item level and statistics of your Artifact weapon. There is little difference between live and Beta in this regard, and players still have access to transmogrification if they do not like the appearance of their Artifact or any of the skins.

As much as I love the variety of skins and color options.

I despise that it follows general transmog rules, unless they've recently changed this.

You love staves and your artifact is a dagger? Tough. You'll only have daggers.
    Enjoy using axes, but your artifact is a fist weapon? Tough. Fist weapons for the entire expansion.

While there are many models, we're forced into following transmog rules we may not like.

I -want- to use my challenge mode staff on my Shadow Priest, but to my knowledge I am going to be forced to use a dagger.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what to think about the artifacts.

On one hand, they are quite interesting. They have stories behind them, the artifact talents seem fun, and there are many different looks for the artifacts. You can still transmog them if they do not please you with their looks.

However, there is one thing about them I don't like, at all. They are with you the entire expansion, and weapons have always been the most gratifying items to replace. It's a core component of wow, to replace your stuff with more powerful stuff.

It's not lazy what Blizzard is doing. They require a lot of work. I just don't entirely agree with what they are: heirloom items from the very beginning till very the end. Heirloom items are boring exactly because of that, you do not replace them until they stop leveling with you.

I think they are cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    No need for insults.
    I think it's insulting to even suggest the possibility that Artifacts are lazy, so I guess you started it.

Artifacts are awesome.
    The only thing that I find sad - but understand because Artifacts are a huge amount of work - is that Blizzard decided to not include normal weapon drops.

I hope Blizzard doesn't ditch the concept of Artifacts in future expansions, add new Artifacts and ways to upgrade previous expansion artifacts to the latest one.
    However, Blizzard shouldn't stop making normal weapons, either - although it's a lot of work to do both.

The ideal would be making the upgrading of Artifacts harder to obtain, by giving you both harder group and solo challenges, in a way that you will often find yourself using a drop weapon between artifact "breakpoints".
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2016-06-05 at 09:08 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Deleted
    I really, really like the idea of having one weapon that "grows up" with you throughout the expansion and definitely prefer it over drops.

The only problem is that some specs are forced into a type of Weapon.As a Frost Dk if my artifact wasnt Frostmourne blades i would be sad because i can't use 2H anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    The only problem is that some specs are forced into a type of Weapon.As a Frost Dk if my artifact wasnt Frostmourne blades i would be sad because i can't use 2H anymore.
    I think that is something that can be solved with time.
    Blizzard could add 2h Artifact for Frost DKs in the next Expansion.
    Who knows, maybe even Enhancement Shaman might get a 2H artifact

The important is that Blizzard makes sure the previous expansion Artifacts always remain relevant, by giving us means to upgrade them to the latest expansion's level.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

i dont like the idea of being stuck with a 2H as a holy paladin for the next 2 years

Boring.

I mean, if you're that board, you have 6 other games worth of content to get weapon mog models.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    I don't think they're lazy, yet not very interesting either.

However I do strongly dislike the fact that you only have one choice of weapon type per spec, i.e a dagger for shadow priests or fist weapon for elemental (I think that was it for ele).