Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm still laughing about Warriors, 3-4 button rotations and barely anything useful outside the 4 buttons. Compare that to Owls or other specs... It's really sad :P
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    wut. All the Utility is in the PvP trees.
    I'm looking at the spriest PvP tree right now and there's 1 button you can get from it which is either more damage or health swap (MoP spell).

They're also merging more abilities into one and making them dumbed down to fuck, an example of this would be Intervene replacing Charge or Spell Reflect lasting for 3 seconds instead of reflecting the first spell to hit you when you use it.

There's plenty more examples I could give but idk if there's any point in me trying to explain it if you are actually going to try and defend the amount of pruning/merging/dumbing down of spells there is going into Legion in terms of PVP.
    Last edited by mmocb4e58f6c97; 2016-06-05 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typo

....As a Paladin Player, I'm literally using the same amount give or take 1 or 2 slots.
    laughable. not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The people arguing for this either don't know how bad it is or are just simply bad players.

"If I can't use every ability in every situation, it's bad! Flavor? What the fuck is that, give me 2% more damage".
    what skill does it take to play a toon that all the abilities are baked into the three buttons that are left?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkina View Post
    I'm looking at the spriest PvP tree right now and there's 1 button you can get from it which is either more damage or health swap (MoP spell).

They're also merging more abilities into one and making them dumbed down to fuck, an example of this would be Intervene replacing Charge or Spell Reflect lasting for 3 seconds instead of reflecting the first spell to hit you when you use it.

There's plenty more examples I could give but idk if there's any point in me trying to explain it if you are actually going to try and defend the amount of pruning/merging/dumbing down of spells there is going into Legion in terms of PVP.
    he lost all credibility when he stated as a paladin player he only lost two abilities.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Looks fine to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    Looks fine to me.
    same for me.

Formerly known as Arafal

Can the pro-pruning give us some "useless spells" as examples so we can prove them they're wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I'm still laughing about Warriors, 3-4 button rotations and barely anything useful outside the 4 buttons. Compare that to Owls or other specs... It's really sad :P
    the way i see it is tho the spells warrior has, the same spells the other more complicated classes have, and they hit for the same amount. so how exactly will a warrior outdps them when they also have a ton other spells.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Passive talents can also be utilities. Using the Balance Druid as an example there's Moonkin Aura (increases your teams critical strike chance when you cast Starsurge), Prickling Thorns (causes damage when Entangling Roots is dispelled), Shapemender (heals you for 5% of your health when you shapeshift), and so on.
    we have very different definitions of utility, unfortunately - yours appears to include passive damage or passive healing, mine does not

But what exactly did most lose utility wise from WoD legion if they gained a bunch of passives and some actives?
    using WoD as your starting point for comparison utility wise is a mistake in the first place because WoD class design was just as shitty as Legion class design
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-06-05 at 04:24 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    using WoD as your starting point for comparison utility wise is a mistake in the first place because WoD class design was just as shitty as Legion class design
    So completely dodge the question then. Ok.

So completely dodge the question then. Ok.
    except there wasn't really any question to answer - if you want specific examples of xyz wod abilities that are missing in legion, read the rest of this thread, I don't need to summarise it for you

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    So lots of people talk about how the expansions so far have gutted classes and removed tons and tons of abilities, and that Legion will remove even more. I spent a couple hours today preparing this gallery for two purposes:

1) It shows how filled your actions bars will be
    2) It shows the difference in AMOUNT of spells between a player who chooses only PASSIVE spells and one that chooses only ACTIVE spells. Yes, there will probably be a cookie cutter build per spec, etc., but its nice to see it first hand.

I have seen some comparisons in earlier alpha versions, but I figured I will make a new one so its up to date and you can see ALL specs.

The pictures in the screenshots are from build 7.0.3.21863, level 110 characters, Completed Artifact weapon and level 50 honor rank. So this is how your action bar should look I guess several months into the expansion. There are no double spells, no macros, no racials, no pots, no favorite toys, no mount macro, etc.. ALL spells listed(including stuff like teleports, utilities, etc.).

I wanted to make the screenshots nice and not just cut out action bars to get a better feeling of it. You can decide on your own whether Legion is cutting even more or adding more!

Enjoy - http://imgur.com/a/ya9fD
    *the images are a lot and fairly large, but easy to browse.

edit: updated that the screenshots only show the specs spells, no additional stuff which you will probably use such as macros, pots, etc.
    Restoration shaman wins.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is just a perfect example for opinions; looking through the posts, it's a wide ranging mix of "I think they should keep going with the removal of stuff" to "Depressing, Blizzard are ruining the game, give my abilities back." Having played a Warrior for god knows how long, I feel action bars and the number of abilities I've had on it has only increased as the game has gone on.

Looking back at my old screenshots and looking at my guilds BC kill videos, the bar was literally 6 buttons of needed abilities, the rest being stuff that was purely there if needed. My action bars now are bigger, with more things there that I frequently use or need to play the spec. Looking at the screenshot for Legions Fury bars, it's about the same as my current ones.

Does is suck that things get taken out, yeah. But the idea that "WoWs over, my action bar is going to be X number buttons less/more" is a bit pedantic.

its fun knowing Ret actually has more buttons now than it did before!

Looks pretty on point to me!

There's no difference between those action bars and the current retail action bars; if you have basic knowledge of macros and what abilities you need to see vs. those that you do not.

Most classes will still require more than a dozen keybinds and at least 2 full action bars. Some classes will actually have more on their bars come Legion. The doomsayers were imagining action bars with like 8 abilities on them. That's clearly not the case.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2016-06-06 at 07:37 AM.

i did somehting very similar comparing my bars on live vs legion for boomy http://imgur.com/2hznLX7
    1.5-2 action bars is a good toolkit. having 50 spells is a horrible idea, and makes it incredibly difficult for any new player to get into the game.

From live we lost Natures vigil, stampeding roar and wild mushroom(booo /sadface), and soothe and hurricane (never used). Incarn and CA were merged (they were always used together anyway, outside of blackhand mythic)

its very easy to argue for simple spells that got removed like soothe, mark of the wild, etc, but they are so limited in their use that at the end of the day, it doesnt matter.
    Sure, they added a minimal amount of gameplay (Look ma!, i made the angry giant calm down), but due to being used at extremely set times, in extremely specific situations, i dont think it justifies the need for them to stay
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-06-06 at 08:31 AM.

I don't think the number of abilities is bad, I just think that having like 25% of them never/rarely used is. I remember in TBC as Ret having a lot of utility, plus all the seals, judgements, buffs, etc. but everything had a purpose and would get used often. It was a high skill cap to play with. Now, there's a lower skill cap for ability usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    Can the pro-pruning give us some "useless spells" as examples so we can prove them they're wrong ?
    Yeah that isn't going to happen. I mean the fact that classes lost major utility and many are saying prune more shows they don't understand the damage it has done to the game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The keybind set i run has evolved to about 60 seperate keys over the last 11 years. In beta i have use for about 20-25 of these tops. My bars are bizarrely empty and i keep thinking that i cant possibly have everything bound. Unfortunately, i do.

Hybrids still have more to bind than pures, but it is still depressingly simplistic even for them.

Deleted
    Many useful and awesome spells are gone, that's true, but I don't think the action bars look that bad at all when looking at this imgur you linked.