Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Lifelover View Post
    People spend around 50min in average on Facebook, so definitely "a thing".
    For a Game like sims it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    And today some hackers hacked Zuckerberg's account so nothing is safe anymore.
    'Hackers'. Zuckerberg reused his passwords, which is a stupid thing to do. The group simply looked him up on the LinkedIn database dump then logged into his accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    Just wait for the removal of all gender boundaries like EA just did to the Sims...
    I find it hilarious that some people are genuinely upset and offended by that decision.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

'real names' part 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    It's called adding useless features to a game no one wanted, People would have much preferred twitch integration. Or do you just wanna drone for them a bit?
    Who says this integration is not paving the way for future twitch integration?

Who says absolutely 0 people wanted it? Based on what data?

People said the same about twitter integration and the selfie cam, and in the end there are indeed people who use and enjoy those things. Chances are just like pet battles and twitter integration this was a low priority side project done by people who otherwise wouldn't really be helping in "main" features much.

And no lol, I don't really enjoy or use twitter integration, nor will I particularly enjoy or use facebook integration eitger, nor twitch integration if they get to it.
    But I do realize my opinion/taste isn't shared by everyone, and I do realize I don't get promoted into their decision maker and beloved god just because I throw a couple bucks a month at them.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-06-06 at 03:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Yes, yes, very clever. Have a medal.

WoW has an attempt at voice chat which is low quality and failed horribly. No one uses it, do you? You're probably the only one.

The point is that they are redoing it across Bnet with the OW quality/style in their other games. This was announced a while ago. Will soon be integrated properly into Bnet. The shitty half-assed TBC voice chat does not count
    Can confirm, better quality than WoW Voice Chat. Still listed as Alpha 1-7 (5/10/2016), updated alongside a "Unified Authentication for the Battle.net Desktop App."
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Meh, not gonna use it so don't care. Don't see why people are having a hissy fit over this.

Cool.

I'll never use it, but at least it's not a major patch selling point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squalllionhart View Post
    6.3 fucking confirmed
    Anyone who thinks the web dev team who's working on integrating the facebook API into the client are in any way related to the actual game developers is just being silly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    YouTube, twitch & Steam streaming I know.

Facebook streaming? Never heard about that one before. Oo
    If companies only did what existed before there wouldn't be much today, would there?

Deleted
    So glad they are doing this, I'd prefer to login with Google though.

Facebook: "Hey Blizzard? Hi there. How about this brilliance; we partner up, just like we did with other services such as Google/YouTube, Microsoft, PayPal, eBay etc, and give you a ton of money. Wouldn't that be awesome? You're not an idiot, so you can obviously tell that it is nothing but a business model, allowing us to collect and cross-reference even more data on people, which we sell to all these businesses right over there in that big pile of fake over there. They love it, we make a fortune, and people are too dumb to realize that our neat little service is selling them as the product. It never gets old. The scrubs think that they are enjoying the product. But they ARE the product. So good."

Mike: "Ehm, but ehm.."

Facebook: "Sorry Mike, I do not understand one word of Gnomish. But I'm guessing that you're questioning whether people will let us have all that info for free. All willingly and shit. but don't you worry my little friend. We'll just pull the classic 'screw you' and mask our agenda behind what can easily be perceived as something useful and wanted by the community at large. We'll have them think that we're doing them a freaking favor. Just you watch the idiots fall in line and praise this trick.

Mike: "/cheer" "/dance"

I fucking hate Facebook and will never get it. However, if you have FB -- this is probably a pretty neat feature.

I guess I'll have to avoid MMO Champ for the next week to avoid all the hate crowd.

blizzard what the hell is this??

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Extremely triggered by someone who has a different opinion than yours. Why would that be? Why do you feel the need to "morally defend" Blizzard? Do you somehow see them as an extension of your identity?
    How am I triggered? I expressed my opinion. You're the one immediately blasting out insults and going 'LOL you think differently than I do, you must be bandwagoning!'. I listed a series of facts:

1. If you don't like something, you don't have to do it. Don't connect to FB. Don't play WoW. Don't eat oranges.

2. Blizzard is not going to require Facebook Connect. Not everyone has Facebook. They're not, contrary to popular belief, stupid.

3. Blizzard has many different people working on many different projects. Making this deal and implementing it did not pull away from other projects.

4. Blizzard has been marketing to the masses for a very long time. TV spots with famous personalities. Super Bowl commercials. Ads on Google Adworks. This is no different than any of that. Like every company, they want people to buy their product.

5. While native Twitch integration is not a thing for Blizzard games, Blizzard game players have been streaming to Twitch for years. Blizzard has never blocked this capability and probably never will. But given a choice between a platform that only reaches gamers and a platform that reaches practically everyone, which would you choose to market your game?

6. Everytime Blizzard makes an announcement, people rush to social media, MMOChamp, and the forums to immediately start hating on it. This isn't unique to Blizzard - every single customer-oriented company has to deal with this, from major chain stores to restaraunts to gaming companies. We live in a society that can express its opinion immediately, and so does. This is not opinion, this is fact and you can look back on any major announcement by any major company and see the reactions for yourself.

The only "attack" I made at all was calling an argument a strawman (which it is) and implying it (not the people using it, but the argument itself) lacks a brain. Which, newsflash, is kind of part of the implication behind calling an attack a strawman.

To be perfectly honest, you're the one who sounds triggered here. "Oh no, someone made an argument counter to mine and expanded upon it, I must immediately shut them down by attacking them!". Instead of simply calling me a Blizzard Apologist - which I am not, but in this case, I honestly see nothing wrong with what they are doing, how about you tell me how Facebook Connect will actually, 100% affect me and my enjoyment of World of Warcraft, Overwatch, and the rest of their products? Those are arguments I would genuinely be interested in, since you may see a flaw in Blizzard's plan that I have overlooked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    I find it hilarious that some people are genuinely upset and offended by that decision.
    I'll explain my reasoning, if you'll allow me. I won't deny that I find the whole gender fluid notion one of the most idiotic cries for attention ever. Being hetero or gay is one thing, completely ok with that, your sexuality doesn't define you as a person, you're just a man or a woman in either case. But a pansexual gendervoid foxkin 3/4 poliamorous hotpocket assexual being is a fad, a way for tumblr society regets to polish their snowflakeness.

That being said, a) there were already mods that did exactly what EA did now so it was an unnecessary waste of time, people who choose to play that way could do so for ages already, and b) the game is an empty shell of what it used to be, it certainly looks better and sharper but the game quality and game mechanics have all been axed, and instead of a regular a good base game with some thematic and large expansions at a nice price we get a stripped base game with functionalities being repackaged and thrown into expansions that not only have the same price of the original game, they add almost nothing to the game apart from the one or two gimmicks a title. Plus the DLC object packs that used to be included in the expansion, which don't cost pennies either.

That's my issue with these fashionable pandering to tumblr warriors. They are too blind and deaf to make something about the long gone quality of their games but continue to price them as premium full product games while doing some PR move to say they're "oh so supportive and hip".

For those of you who aren't up to date with the Sims 4's state of affairs, think WoW and what WoD was to it, with people asking for higher quality content and instead we get selfies, tweeter and facebook integration.

EDIT: For those who so righteously were so quickly to quote me and became dangerously close to say >it's the current year, do you want this to be the next step for WoW?

Last edited by Azgraal; 2016-06-06 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Facebook is still a thing these days?

Huh... who knew.
    As of January of this year there were 1.59 billion people on Facebook. Any online company that ignores the potential of that is being stupid.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

And here comes a second udder for the wow-cow.