Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Can we make legacy leveling faster please?

I don't think there is anything more boring in the game (or life in general) atm than leveling through legacy content.. The first time you do it might be alright but after the 10th max level character it just becomes mind numbingly boring. On the other hand many people, me included, enjoy playing multiple toons at max level. I just don't see why leveling has to be so slow after all those years.

My suggestion would be something among those lines. An achievement very hard to complete (something like completing EVERY quest available or explore every part of the world,or have 10 characters max level, or get some major reputations to exalted etc. anything that proves you have played the game to the max) which would reward a non-consumable BoA +300% elixir for faster levelling. I know I will probably get flamed to death by many vanilla-lovers but sorry guys, levelling is just crap at the moment, takes forever and doesn't feel rewarding enough. It's just trivial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm, it takes about 5 days to get to 100, far less if you know what you are doing. Heck, I just bought a battlechest for 5$ and RAF'd myself from another account of mine. Leveling 1-90 takes about 12 hours this way. So, either use your brain and find ways around it like I did with dualboxing, or suck it up, because believe it or not this is the fastest leveling has ever been in WoW. You won't find a single person that agrees with you.

Getting to 100 takes 3 days played tops. That isn't remotely near slow.

If you can't deal with that, buy a boost

Quote Originally Posted by Sidereal 13 View Post
    because believe it or not this is the fastest leveling has ever been in WoW.
    Actually it used to be much faster until very recently before they nerfed the instance completion bonuses and made leveling by instance boosting with experience pot pretty much obsolete. Thank god I managed to level all my characters before that happened.

Other than that, however, I agree with you.

1-60 is a chore

Anything beyond that is pretty fun
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather not, leveling is already too fast..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like skulls instead.

-50% damage and experience gained, +50% damage taken

I'd like to not overkill every single mob wearing only greys

Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Irelia View Post
    I don't think there is anything more boring in the game (or life in general) atm than leveling through legacy content.. The first time you do it might be alright but after the 10th max level character it just becomes mind numbingly boring. On the other hand many people, me included, enjoy playing multiple toons at max level. I just don't see why leveling has to be so slow after all those years.

My suggestion would be something among those lines. An achievement very hard to complete (something like completing EVERY quest available or explore every part of the world,or have 10 characters max level, or get some major reputations to exalted etc. anything that proves you have played the game to the max) which would reward a non-consumable BoA +300% elixir for faster levelling. I know I will probably get flamed to death by many vanilla-lovers but sorry guys, levelling is just crap at the moment, takes forever and doesn't feel rewarding enough. It's just trivial.
    agreed. but with heirlooms it really doesn't take too long anymore. it is boring as all get out though.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Teos74 View Post
    Actually it used to be much faster until very recently before they nerfed the instance completion bonuses and made leveling by instance boosting with experience pot pretty much obsolete. Thank god I managed to level all my characters before that happened.

Other than that, however, I agree with you.
    They only did that for the vanilla content and it is one quest. Sure it slows things down but only if you leveled via dungeons and even then only a small amount.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Last week it was threads complaining it's too fast, this week it's complaining that it's too slow. I think with the heirlooms it moves at a decent pace. I get about 5 levels per zone now before moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They only did that for the vanilla content and it is one quest. Sure it slows things down but only if you leveled via dungeons and even then only a small amount.
    Yeah, it's one quest (or rather just an exp bonus), but nerfing it effectively removed the fastest way to level your alts. Before the nerf you multiboxed or had a friend clear an instance but not kill the end boss, then you log in the leveling toon, pop a 300% exp pot (and the 1h version if you manage to grind those) and zone in. Friend kills the end boss and you get a LOT of exp, you immediately run back out and log off, thus making your pot last much longer. Repeat until 90, only changing instances when the exp boost drops too much.

Now that isn't possible anymore. But it's good if the nerf was only for vanilla content, remember reading something about that but was not sure if it was just wishful thinking. At least post-60 will still go quickly, then. 1-60 will have to go with exp pot and pet dailies, I guess. Slower, but much less boring than actual leveling nth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teos74 View Post
    Yeah, it's one quest (or rather just an exp bonus), but nerfing it effectively removed the fastest way to level your alts. Before the nerf you multiboxed or had a friend clear an instance but not kill the end boss, then you log in the leveling toon, pop a 300% exp pot (and the 1h version if you manage to grind those) and zone in. Friend kills the end boss and you get a LOT of exp, you immediately run back out and log off, thus making your pot last much longer. Repeat until 90, only changing instances when the exp boost drops too much.
    Yes, how dare they nerf a borderline-exploity, incredibly cheesing-the-system way of leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Yes, how dare they nerf a borderline-exploity, incredibly cheesing-the-system way of leveling.
    Some of the more quest heavy dungeons would give 3 to 5 levels as it was. The only time you really start getting repeat dungeons is BRD and that is still brief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Last week it was threads complaining it's too fast, this week it's complaining that it's too slow. I think with the heirlooms it moves at a decent pace. I get about 5 levels per zone now before moving on.
    That stuff wasn't touched. All they changed was removing the quest for finishing the dungeon. Which wasn't a feature until recently and gave the dungeon too many external sources of experience.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Took a friend and me 6h /played from 1 - 100 without using a credit card.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

10+ Year Old Account
    Just buy a boost and stop complaining. If you don't like leveling you have the option to skip it with a boost. You can also farm the XP potion from the rare mobs the drop them or buy the 15 minute versions on the AH. Ridiculous how entitled this community is.

I have to level in an RPG WHAT HORROR!?!
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

All BoAs, XP pots from 90 to 100 doing bonus objectives, no recruit a friend, takes 24 hours played... on the slow side. can be done much faster. It doesnt need to be any faster.
    Science the shit out of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Irelia View Post
    It's just trivial.
    It feels trivial to many because it's too fast and too easy. In fact, it is too easy and boring. Making it more difficult and less boring while still telling the stories the zones have to tell will make it take longer. If I were you I'd suck it up and get the boost. I would also wish that Blizzard would make the boost a variable price and allow you to start in different places. The further back, the less expensive it would be.

Something like

- start at 60: 20 bucks
    - start at 70: 25 bucks
    - start at 80: 30 bucks
    - start at 85: 35 bucks
    - start at 90: 50 bucks
    - start at 100: 60 bucks

Choice is good.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I'd like skulls instead.

-50% damage and experience gained, +50% damage taken

I'd like to not overkill every single mob wearing only greys
    That could be pretty cool, actually. Add several leveling modifiers like this, give an achieve for reaching max with them, and a meta for all of them that gives a neat title or something.

Just buy the boost then.

would like to see the rest of the slots get heirloom gear, if nothing more to fill out the comsmetic sets, they don't even need to have +xp just basic lvl scaling would do wonders.