Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    And suddenly everyone is Rambo and Cesar Millan combined.
    I'm 4 feet taller and probably a good 150 lbs heavier than most dogs. I'm just in an entirely different weight class than them. I don't need to be Rambo to take on an 80 pound dog.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    jesus....

I mean there is a difference between self defence and cruelty and that definitely crosses a line.
    If a aggressive dog attacks me, the last thing on my mind at that moment is to not be cruel to it. But to survive. :P

jesus....

I mean there is a difference between self defence and cruelty and that definitely crosses a line.
    Breaking the jaw of a dog that is attacking you is animal cruelty ?

Do you believe what you post or do just have a list of trigger words sitting next to you that once you see them or something that could possibly do with them you go into full in emo soc juc mode

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    If a aggressive dog attacks me, the last thing on my mind at that moment is to not be cruel to it. But to survive. :P
    Agreed. I'm an animal lover (have two dogs myself, and they're basically members of the family), but...if I get attacked by some random dog, and kicking the dog in the face will save me a trip to the ER (or worse), the dog is getting kicked in the face.

I don't ever have to worry about that happening with my own dogs, of course. They're spoiled housedogs that both weigh < 15 pounds. The closest thing they'll do to "attacking" you is a flying leap to your lap and face licking when you least expect it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-06-07 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm 4 feet taller and probably a good 150 lbs heavier than most dogs. I'm just in an entirely different weight class than them. I don't need to be Rambo to take on an 80 pound dog.
    That certainly gives you a advantage. But the Pit bulls and Rottts, even tho you outweigh them by a lot, have incredible bite strength. You may survive, but suffer some nasty wounds in the process.

Yes, from experience I know that I can. I'm not afraid of dogs, no matter the breed.
    An angry stray cat however...brrrrr!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Agreed. I'm an animal lover (have two dogs myself, and they're basically members of the family), but...if I get attacked by some random dog, and kicking the dog in the face will save me a trip to the ER, the dog is getting kicked in the face.
    Indeed. I love animals, could NEVER hurt them...unless an animal is posing a danger to me/my family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That certainly gives you a advantage. But the Pit bulls and Rottts, even tho you outweigh them by a lot, have incredible bite strength. You may survive, but suffer some nasty wounds in the process.
    Yeah absolutely. I could take a lot of damage to my arms or legs, but I suspect I'd survive. I mean they could sever an artery, in which case I'd be in trouble, but I think I could drive off the dog or kill or severely injure it before I bled out.

Deleted
    No but I grew up around large dogs and it wouldnt come to that. Dogs aren't people, they wont just attack for no reason. You can easily prevent an attack if you know how to act and not to antagonize the dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh when people pointed out ways you can restrain an animal without hurting it yeah it's cruelty to go out of your way to hurt it when it's not necessary.

Do you ever think about where inside you this desire for violence comes from?
    Survival instincts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, but i think ripping apart it's jaw goes beyond survival. I doubt it would ever be necessary to do that to an aggressive dog in order to prevent it attacking.
    How do you feel about blowing a big hole in it then?

But look, I have 2 dogs and they are like family. And I would never go out of my way to be cruel to any animal. But to survive, you have to be prepared to do whatever it takes to be successful in doing that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Unless you're armed...you will probably not have much luck fighting off something like a pitbull.
    I don't think most of us on this forum could fight off an attack from a squirrel, let alone a dog.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh that's a stretch. the desire to survive =/= the desire to commit violence.
    Not really. People have been known to become very violent when their lives are on the line. Ever heard of the term " goes berserk"?

Asserting your dominance will often take care of the situation when it comes to dogs. I've had dogs come chase me barking at me when I've been out for a jog and a quick spin and looking at them in the eye stops them in their tracks. Take a few step towards them while maintaining eye contact and they'll turn tail.

Uh when people pointed out ways you can restrain an animal without hurting it yeah it's cruelty to go out of your way to hurt it when it's not necessary.

Do you ever think about where inside you this desire for violence comes from?
    The ways to take them down included gouging out their eyes, shoving your fist down their throat, and literally putting your fist into some magic spot that is extremely painful. The other examples were shoot it or stab. But yep breaking a hypothetical dog attacking you jaw is animal cruelty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    You can hold a dog's mouth closed if you can catch it, but then you're stuck holding the dog's mouth closed, so good luck with that.
    rofl sound plan, MVP for today.

10+ Year Old Account
    A dog doesnt scare me. Sure the super breeds like rottis and pitbulls are a bit worrisome because they were bred for 1 on 1 and i definitely do not want to find out if i am capable of defending myself from one of them. What really scares me is a pack of dogs, cause if they are traveling in a pack and stalking you, you are dinner to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    A dog doesnt scare me. Sure the super breeds like rottis and pitbulls are a bit worrisome because they were bred for 1 on 1 and i definitely do not want to find out if i am capable of defending myself from one of them. What really scares me is a pack of dogs, cause if they are traveling in a pack and stalking you, you are dinner to them.
    I never had a dog scare me either until the time I had a neighbor who got hauled off to jail. He had 2 pit bulls, massive powerful dogs chained up in his back yard. I didn't notice anyone feeding them so I did it myself. I walked up thinking, these dogs are hungry, chained up which makes them territorial and I am holding a 25lb bag of food. I hurry and threw one in and it attacked the food not me thank goodness, then I fed the other, and the previous one already finished its food so I gave them both a lot more. That my friend scared the piss out of me, I was relieved when someone came and got them both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Septik View Post
    Much, much more dangerous. Ask any sheep farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    The ways to take them down included gouging out their eyes, shoving your fist down their throat, and literally putting your fist into some magic spot that is extremely painful. The other examples were shoot it or stab. But yep breaking a hypothetical dog attacking you jaw is animal cruelty.
    I think if you can break the animal's jaw, it was a very small dog to begin with and not the type dog we would be wondering if we could overpower. I don't think anyone here is going to break the jaw of a large dog. Also, if you start sticking your fingers in a dogs mouth, it would be more likely they would wiggle enough to get their head loose and start biting fingers. I dunno, I just think it's just a really bad idea to try to break a dog's jaw.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2016-06-07 at 01:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I think if you can break the animal's jaw, it was a very small dog to begin with and not the type dog we would be wondering if we could overpower. I don't think anyone here is going to break the jaw of a large dog. Also, if you start sticking your fingers in a dogs mouth, it would be more likely they would wiggle enough to get their head loose and start biting fingers. I dunno, I just think it's just a really bad idea to try to break a dog's jaw.
    I think the most likely scenario to break a large dog's jaw is kicking it in the face. Putting your fingers in the mouth of a big dog like that is a great way to lose the fingers.