Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    As far as I know raid testing hasn't even begun on the Beta, it was done on the Alpha, but even then they were GREATLY unfinished. Raiding most likely won't be open at the launch of the Expac so if you honestly cannot get to a point in 2-4 weeks where you're ready to raid, you don't deserve your spot.
    ^^ and the others . . . . #1 those in beta will have much extra time to learn what is essentially an entirely new class (hunter and rogue the two I play have been totally changed). 3 months of experience and learning will beat 1 month every time. #2 they will know how to LvL fastest and #3 how to do the dungeon mechanics - both of which will given them better gear faster. And given the rnd gear drops that could result in significant difference. And #4 they are all playing together - no-one is playing on live except to do the weekly manno/archy/blackhand kill which we all sleep walk thru at this point. So they playing together in beta and I am not there - not good as far as being part of the team. And #5 I would expect they will do beta raid testing - be very surprised if they do not. RL has said he is planning on it.

You really think all that will not make any difference on who is best geared and best integrated into team at start of live raids?

It would be different if say only one guild/team member was on beta - but when the vast majority is . . . it sucks to be left out.
    Last edited by silverhunter; 2016-06-07 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east.
    When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.
    No, I didn't ask when you would finally lose your virginity, I asked when the week 2 beta winners will be announced?

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I wonder if winners are chosen at random or based on their screenshot itself, I've skimmed through a bunch of the entries noticed a few of them didn't have much of context behind the pictures at all.
    That could be whats taking them so long to hand out. I'd assume they're trying to eliminate ones like that, since the context was asked to say what you weren't prepared for. There were also a lot of people that stole others entries, though who knows if they'd take the time to filter through those lol

Also, I'm sure it sucks silver, but you'll be more than fine. If you lose a raid spot because you only weren't in the beta, something that is pure rng to receive, it is a pretty crappy guild to begin with and I wouldn't stay. You'll learn all that you need to know via videos before it hits live either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    *starts singing* Why are we waiting...

I get Alpha or Beta for every Blizz IP apart from WoW which is the one I truly care about. It sucks lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I wonder if winners are chosen at random or based on their screenshot itself, I've skimmed through a bunch of the entries noticed a few of them didn't have much of context behind the pictures at all.
    HAHAHAHAha yeah it was hillarious peoples taking photos falling from the sky saying i wasnt prepared for falling from the sky... like damn, obviously u just jumped off from ur mount to take that pic... so u were obviously prepared.

thanks for your hard work.

People who cheat always ruin everything...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkbaby View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

HAHAHAHAha yeah it was hillarious peoples taking photos falling from the sky saying i wasnt prepared for falling from the sky... like damn, obviously u just jumped off from ur mount to take that pic... so u were obviously prepared.

Alot of them were just stupid selfies. I really hope the winners are good SSs, but with 500 winners.. there's bound to be some bad ones in there.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be unfair to DQ because of multiple entries from the same IP. We are two WoW-players in this family, posting entries from the same IP, thou two different accounts. That would be the same to say that some people should not have a chance to win, even if they are posting all legit.

Quote Originally Posted by freequest View Post
    It would be unfair to DQ because of multiple entries from the same IP. We are two WoW-players in this family, posting entries from the same IP, thou two different accounts. That would be the same to say that some people should not have a chance to win, even if they are posting all legit.
    I'm sure it could be overlooked if it's maybe just two entries from the same IP. Now if you've got 3-5+ from the same IP, I'm sure you'd understand why they would DQ you, it'd just be too suspicious. You can thank the ones that abuse it by making multiple accounts on the same IP just to enter the contests.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szeeshan View Post
    I'm sure it could be overlooked if it's maybe just two entries from the same IP. Now if you've got 3-5+ from the same IP, I'm sure you'd understand why they would DQ you, it'd just be too suspicious. You can thank the ones that abuse it by making multiple accounts on the same IP just to enter the contests.
    I hope so! Because both me and my GF really wants to get into the beta, It would not be fun to be punished (if we even would be picked) because we are two people that honestly entered the giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahrgan View Post
    thanks for your hard work.

People who cheat always ruin everything...

- - - Updated - - -

Alot of them were just stupid selfies. I really hope the winners are good SSs, but with 500 winners.. there's bound to be some bad ones in there.
    Some of them can be humor or a illustration of the past. For example, mine was a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominitry View Post
    I think they should make beta open for all or maybe like exchange gold to beta access (good gold sink)
    And then they request report card with essay when it ends (if you fail to return you will get banned for 6 months)

EDIT:

I know it sounds harsh but i think everybody here is adult enoguth to take responsibility of keeping ur promise in beta.
    And maybe for like 5 euro more in month you can get into forever beta that lasts all the year and you are kinda like staff member of blizzard if you feel like it.

Ugh that is a Terrible idea lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Szeeshan View Post
    They're not going to DQ anyone based on IP alone. They would have to DQ entire university dorms, schools etc in that case.
    Hope they will DQ people like you though, who's 1st post after creating an account is the giveaway entry kappa

I think they should make beta open for all or maybe like exchange gold to beta access (good gold sink)
    And then they request report card with essay when it ends (if you fail to return you will get banned for 6 months)

EDIT:

I know it sounds harsh but i think everybody here is adult enoguth to take responsibility of keeping ur promise in beta.
    And maybe for like 5 euro more in month you can get into forever beta that lasts all the year and you are kinda like staff member of blizzard if you feel like it.

EDIT2:

Btw. where did they even mention more rules than "post pic of you when not prepared" they didnt ask for any context did they?
    Yes, the only requirement was to post a picture of a time you weren't prepared. Context didn't 'have' to be given in the post, it should've been clearly implied in the screenshot, which is what was requested. There were quite a few people that just slapped something like a selfie screenshot as their entry and left it at that. If it were me leading the event, I wouldn't count them, but it'd probably take too long to weed those out.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    They're not going to DQ anyone based on IP alone. They would have to DQ entire university dorms, schools etc in that case.
    Hope they will DQ people like you though, who's 1st post after creating an account is the giveaway entry kappa
    I wouldn't really care too much if I was tbh, would just be testing out classes for the majority if I got a key. I've also had multiple accounts on here over the years, I'm just an idiot and forget my account info half the time. Quicker to just make a new one rather than restore the info of the older ones. Hopefully there will be some way to tell and disqualify multiple entries though, would be a shame if someone were to win that did it, which will probably end up happening.
    Last edited by Szeeshan; 2016-06-07 at 02:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you're both out of luck then!

Well multiple people from the same IP shouldn't of participated then. Its not like there is a better way to track it other than IP.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well multiple people from the same IP shouldn't of participated then. Its not like there is a better way to track it other than IP.
    And how fair is that? There was nothing stated in the rules that not more than one could participate in one and same family...

Thats just your opinion. Feel free to suggest anything better than that. I didn't say im game designer or anything like this but
    it sounded goot to my ear
    Would have just been better if Blizzard sent out their own waves and everyone that got access had to verify within x days that they wanted to participate in the beta and if they didn't then it would random someone else. There's probably lots of people that hasn't played since Wrath that has beta access without knowing.

For this specific giveaway and future giveaways I think it would have been cool if you could link a battle.net account to your mmo-champ account and verify availability that way. Don't know if it's possible with the current structure of the site though.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2016-06-07 at 02:47 PM.

And how fair is that? There was nothing stated in the rules that not more than one could participate in one and same family...

Whats to stop someone from applying with 6 accounts? Nothing if not DQing by IP. I have 3 wow accounts myself, but im not a scumbag like alot of people that applied for the giveaway. I submitted one, and made sure no one else in my house applied as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Would have just been better if Blizzard sent out their own waves and everyone that got access had to verify within x days that they wanted to participate in the beta and if they didn't then it would random someone else. There's probably lots of people that hasn't played since Wrath that has beta access without knowing.

For this specific giveaway and future giveaways I think it would have been cool if you could link a battle.net account to your mmo-champ account and verify availability that way. Don't know if it's possible with the current structure of the site though.
    the problem with that as well.. is you can create an account under any name with no verification that it's a real person. There will always be scumbags who cheat the system to win and screw someone else who's honest.
    Last edited by Kahrgan; 2016-06-07 at 02:50 PM. Reason: phrasing!

If you know another way to discover cheaters that are using the same ip let us know. This is the most fair way in this kind of competition. Your router have an public ip that is shared in the household but every computer connected to this router have a private ip. So if it done from two different computers it should be different ip but I might be wrong on though!

the problem with that as well.. is you can create an account under any name with no verification that it's a real person. There will always be scumbags who cheat the system to win and screw someone else, who's honest.
    Are you talking about my suggestion of blizzards own waves? Because that is solved by having to own a copy of WoW on the account. If someone spends $15+ to "cheat the system" then I feel that they should be allowed to be eligble to get access. If you are talking about the system I suggested for this site then that is solved by the same thing. The user has to have a WoW character linked that shows that they have a copy of the game.