Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Demon Hunters require the prepatch. It might be how they would pass this as "special". It might be "Now you can play Demon Hunter!".

They might do it much earlier than usual this time because of that selling point.
    Actually I don't think the Demon Hunters would require the pre-patch since you are creating a new character and running it through the Demon Hunter starting zone. So that may be a possibility; however, it wouldn't make much sense to level up a demon hunter more than a few weeks before the August 30th Legion release because you'd just be sitting on your hands with nothing to do.

As far as announcing the pre-patch, I would be a bit nervous about that since they haven't tested character copy in the Beta yet and the technology behind the character copy is needed for the pre-patch. Character copy is a lot harder to implement for Legion because of all the class/spec changes, eliminating multistrike, adding the Wardrobe, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Blizzard isnt going to hold the pre-patch because people are progressing this long after release.
    And no stats won't be wrong. There are no new stats or stats going away in Legion.

Oh and balance is always fucked up in the pre-patch. Its not worth the effort to go back and try to rebalance the raids.
    I mean specs will prioritise different stats

Quote Originally Posted by wingram View Post
    Actually I don't think the Demon Hunters would require the pre-patch since you are creating a new character and running it through the Demon Hunter starting zone. So that may be a possibility; however, it wouldn't make much sense to level up a demon hunter more than a few weeks before the August 30th Legion release because you'd just be sitting on your hands with nothing to do.

As far as announcing the pre-patch, I would be a bit nervous about that since they haven't tested character copy in the Beta yet and the technology behind the character copy is needed for the pre-patch. Character copy is a lot harder to implement for Legion because of all the class/spec changes, eliminating multistrike, adding the Wardrobe, etc.
    Ehm no, character copy is not what is required for a pre-patch at all. Now ofcourse they probably want to test things like the gear/quest detection for transmog ect but there is no special transfer tech that is required.

And when people are talking about the pre-patch and DH it is that the data for DH is all amids the Legion code. They are not going to extract all that (a horrible job) for the live servers when they can simply upload the pre-patch that contains everything anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    I mean specs will prioritise different stats
    Plenty of gear with different stats on them. Just means Piece B instead of A will be BiS, nothing Blizzard will care about since the pre-patch is not raid balanced anyway (for WoD content in Legion) and the Curve/Edge achievements will be removed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I feel that if they wanted to give so much time for Demon Hunters and to see them used in HFC they would have given DH their full talent tree at 100 instead of 110.
    Going to be quite the market for selling heroic/mythic hfc to demon hunters if they do launch them on July 19th. I know I wouldn't want them in mythic hfc otherwise, no legendary ring and all

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They tried to beta test the prepatch and it totally failed just a few days ago. So unless they fixed what was wrong then tested it internally and decided not to beta it I really doubt it. No reason to announce to this far out too. Unless it is going to be insanely long the soonest we will see it is mid July.
    I have a horrible feeling the "something very special" could be more related to the WoW streamers than the game itself, maybe new footage of hitherto unseen dungeons or raids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Smart bets are on this:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I have a horrible feeling the "something very special" could be more related to the WoW streamers than the game itself, maybe new footage of hitherto unseen dungeons or raids?
    eu vs murica dungeon speedrun hype

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    https://twitter.com/FinalBossTV/stat...51010845671424

Currently under NDA until Thursday midnight/Friday.

Maybe the pre-patch date?
    So help me if it's another child birth announcement.. Hoping it's a full raid preview or the pre event date.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-06-08 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no new stats or stats going away in Legion.
    Multistrike is being removed. Not sure if it's being removed retroactively. I would assume. Doesn't really matter. Just a minor correction.

I expect to be underwhelmed Friday. Pseudohype most likely.

Deleted
    Remaining lightly intrigued, but with E3 upon us its gonna be a busy week & a few days for any avid gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Going to be quite the market for selling heroic/mythic hfc to demon hunters if they do launch them on July 19th. I know I wouldn't want them in mythic hfc otherwise, no legendary ring and all
    Oh certainly possible. The conversation was however about testing them out in raids before switching mains and for that I assume they are running guild farm runs and not buying boosts.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard isnt going to hold the pre-patch because people are progressing this long after release.
    And no stats won't be wrong. There are no new stats or stats going away in Legion.

Oh and balance is always fucked up in the pre-patch. Its not worth the effort to go back and try to rebalance the raids.
    They are removing my beloved multistrike

I would love if it's the pre patch date. Imagine it actually comes sooner than we thought? The wardrobe couldn't come any sooner honestly.

If it's something ridiculously ridiculous than I'll be pretty disappointed. It really does sound like the pre patch announcement though. As long as it's something actually decent I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I would love if it's the pre patch date. Imagine it actually comes sooner than we thought? The wardrobe couldn't come any sooner honestly.

If it's something ridiculously ridiculous than I'll be pretty disappointed. It really does sound like the pre patch announcement though. As long as it's something actually decent I'll be happy.
    Given the sheer size of the prepatch, it wouldn't surprise me of it lands mid July.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    There is no reason to buy gear if you are going to change it in two months.

I think it is lore based.

I think it is regarding Illidan

Certain revelations that previously we did not know.

Pre patch date? seriously? that's always 1 month before release.

It's PTR that's coming around now, probably any time between now and July.

They are announcing that all instanced play in Legion will be gated behind flight.

That way you have plenty of time to see the world the way that they intended it.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-06-08 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I think it is lore based.

I think it is regarding Illidan

Certain revelations that previously we did not know.

Pre patch date? seriously? that's always 1 month before release.

It's PTR that's coming around now, probably any time between now and July.
    It's always 1 month before, and the pre events have always been rather small. This pre patch is not rather small, already breaking the 'always' track.

the announcement is probably the PTR 7.0 launch and some lore revelations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    It's always 1 month before, and the pre events have always been rather small. This pre patch is not rather small, already breaking the 'always' track.
    exactly, those saying it's pre-patch announcement are kidding themselves, that's never a surprise, so it can't be that.

the PTR date is often a bit flexible... so it might be that, other than that, i don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    the announcement is probably the PTR 7.0 launch and some lore revelations.

- - - Updated - - -

exactly, those saying it's pre-patch announcement are kidding themselves, that's never a surprise, so it can't be that.

the PTR date is often a bit flexible... so it might be that, other than that, i don't know.
    Erm.. I'm pretty much saying that the pre event patch could be earlier, due to the size of the pre event patch as well as the system updates going in. There have been enough 'never done before' things being done this expansion that I'm open minded to a lot.