Page 61 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was playing cthun warrior against some sort of mash up priest deck. He had some cthun minions and cthun, several deathrattles that made me think nzoth, then he got out elise and golden monkey late game to change everything to legendaries. I've got like 26 health and 30 something armor when he does this. He throws out the new hogger, xaril, van cleef, the divine shield valkyr, the new murkla, and the boogeymonster over several turns. I get an emperor out and get 1 tick on about 6 cards, bran into 10 armor cthun minion, a well timed execute, brawl and shield slam to clear his board after drawing him out a bunch of turns so he would drop all his good shit. Sitting at over 50 armor at this point, 2 cards left in my deck...5 in his, and I have a 24 cthun sitting in my hand with no more buffers. He drops evil pagel and rend. I cthun because he has no spells so he can't MC/entomb/SWD. Think the game is in the bag. He drops Eadric the Pure. SERIOUSLY DUDE. Alright no worries I'll still win b/c of fatigue slamming my 1 attack cthun into his face every turn. Nope...RAGNAROS LIGHTLORD. Screw you priest...screw you.

Also played a nzoth rogue the very next match who got ridiculous RNG from his hucksters. Got a soulpriest from one to combo with a farseer to kill my own damaged soulpriest, and got cabal shadowpriest from another to steal another crucial minion late game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just threw a game vs a C'thun Priest after having had my Ice Block popped as well as having Poly-Reno in hand for his C'thun.

Because Block got popped before he played his C'thun, and since I had JUST drawn an Excavated Evil I thought it would be a marvellous idea to clear the board with that before I Reno'd.

Totally missed that 5+6 does not equal 10 mana.

*facedesk repeatedly*
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I won still in the end, but I had a match where I had nothing on the field and they had 3 smaller minions, so I played Servant of Yogg Saron.

It casts Arcane Blast.

On itself.

Okay, fine, could of hit one of their 3 minions and killed any of them, but fine.

They kill my Servant, and drop something else. Okay, I still have another one in my hand.

So I play it. And it casts Kill Command.

...On itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I won still in the end, but I had a match where I had nothing on the field and they had 3 smaller minions, so I played Servant of Yogg Saron.

It casts Arcane Blast.

On itself.

Okay, fine, could of hit one of their 3 minions and killed any of them, but fine.

They kill my Servant, and drop something else. Okay, I still have another one in my hand.

So I play it. And it casts Kill Command.

...On itself.
    Off topic, but I played a game against "ElPsyKongroo" yesterday or the day before and I thought the tag looked super familiar. Then I looked at your sig again =p

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Off topic, but I played a game against "ElPsyKongroo" yesterday or the day before and I thought the tag looked super familiar. Then I looked at your sig again =p
    What ever do you mean?

I literally just changed off of that sig, but that's pretty cool honestly, I might of actually tried adding them if it was me just to say I love their battletag.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Just threw a game vs a C'thun Priest after having had my Ice Block popped as well as having Poly-Reno in hand for his C'thun.

Because Block got popped before he played his C'thun, and since I had JUST drawn an Excavated Evil I thought it would be a marvellous idea to clear the board with that before I Reno'd.

Totally missed that 5+6 does not equal 10 mana.

*facedesk repeatedly*
    I can't tell you how many times I've cast a 5 mana spell or minion and blew my reno. Makes me want to smash my device.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played 24 spells. Just 1 single card left in my deck, which was Yogg. Got killed that turn.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    Played 24 spells. Just 1 single card left in my deck, which was Yogg. Got killed that turn.
    Such is Yogg =)

so i started this weeks brawl, thinking it sounds somehow fun.

Lost in turn 5 sitting only on Icehowls and Yseras...wtf

I really hate when everyone has the perfect answers to every fucking thing I do but it never works that way for me. Playing this priest with my n-goth reno mage. Still doing OK but of course no ice block or reno yet. I play emperor, he MC's it. I play rhonin, he MC's it. I finally play reno followed by azure drake and he entombs them both. So, I have nothing on board and he has my emperor and rhonin as well as a couple of his own minions. About the least fun I've ever had with a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really something that made me mad/ruined my day or anything, but more of just an experience that shocked me at the lengths some players in hearthstone go to make themselves feel good. By this point i'm used to the spamming of emotes that players do to try to antagonize their opponent, especially if their win is eminent, but this one just took the cake for me.

I was playing a death-rattle Rogue against a face hunter on standard non-ranked. I had significant board control and we were both <6 health when he topdecks a Leeroy. Fine, that's all good and he was spamming emotes like a toddler bangs on toys, which is pretty standard. As soon as the game ended I get a friend invite from the kid. Occasionally in the past I have gotten friend requests from people after a particularly lucky draw, or interesting win that was unexpected, and usually the conversations are pretty benign. "Wow! that was lucky!" "Gg" etc. etc. However, this kid immediately after I accepted his friend request just starts spamming "easy" at me until I blocked him. What have people become to come to the point where they need to do things like this to get their kicks? Kinda flabbergasted.

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    Not really something that made me mad/ruined my day or anything, but more of just an experience that shocked me at the lengths some players in hearthstone go to make themselves feel good. By this point i'm used to the spamming of emotes that players do to try to antagonize their opponent, especially if their win is eminent, but this one just took the cake for me.

I was playing a death-rattle Rogue against a face hunter on standard non-ranked. I had significant board control and we were both <6 health when he topdecks a Leeroy. Fine, that's all good and he was spamming emotes like a toddler bangs on toys, which is pretty standard. As soon as the game ended I get a friend invite from the kid. Occasionally in the past I have gotten friend requests from people after a particularly lucky draw, or interesting win that was unexpected, and usually the conversations are pretty benign. "Wow! that was lucky!" "Gg" etc. etc. However, this kid immediately after I accepted his friend request just starts spamming "easy" at me until I blocked him. What have people become to come to the point where they need to do things like this to get their kicks? Kinda flabbergasted.
    I can only guess but low self-esteem or other various issues could be the culprits. They try to make their own day better by kicking other people down. People, who didn't have anything to do with that person's bad day in the first place.
    Not that much different from relationship breakups where one might try to exaggerate the other person's flaws in an attempt to justify to oneself that the breakup really was warranted. I think those two are related and stem from the same source.
    But then again, I might just be blabbering on here and having no clue whatsoever

I tend to need the vent everytime call of the wild is played. Makes entomb look like a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    However, this kid immediately after I accepted his friend request just starts spamming "easy" at me until I blocked him. What have people become to come to the point where they need to do things like this to get their kicks? Kinda flabbergasted.
    The tragedy of it all is that this is not a new phenomenon; people have always been this way. It's only that the effect is amplified by the anonymity of the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could do what I do. Don't accept the friend request immediately. Do it later that day or the next day. Put a note on them so *you* know who they are, then next time you see them online ask them "who is this?" and watch them fumble and forget and look stupid because their adrenaline high is long gone and now they feel dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    You could do what I do. Don't accept the friend request immediately. Do it later that day or the next day. Put a note on them so *you* know who they are, then next time you see them online ask them "who is this?" and watch them fumble and forget and look stupid because their adrenaline high is long gone and now they feel dumb.
    Or do what I do and don't accept any friend requests. This game is such a BM fest, I don't feel like getting aggravated.

Playing Arena. I have 9 HP left and two minions on the board. My opponent is a Rogue and has two Boombots. One of my minions is a 2/2, he sends his boombots into my 2/2s. First one hits face for 4. Second one...also hits face for 4. I lose. This was a turn after he top decked Sap to sap my 6/8 which would have given me lethal.

last few days im just auto-conceding as soon as i see i have a cthun deck against me...its not so much fun, but i guess, else i would need to stop to play, even when im often looking forward to play HS. The problem is, thats like 75% of the games
    Last edited by PPN; 2016-06-18 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    This is just as douche-y to people who add you to be friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This is just as douche-y to people who add you to be friendly.
    There are always signs from how the game went as to whether they're gonna BM you or not. If they instantly add you within a half second after the game where you lucked out on them in a mirror game, it's always BM. If you played a Zoo meta-deck and crushed them and they instantly add you, it's always BM.