Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I dislike both candidates. I used to be positive about Trump but now that is negative but Hilary to me might as well be the devil.

What I find most troubling is the fact that there was no Presidentally appointed Inspector General during the ENTIRE term Hilary was in office as Secretary of state. This was a 5 and half year gap of not oversight. This is the longest gap since the position was founded. This is really troubling to me. There could be a legitimate reason for this or it could just be a pure and simple abuse of power of delaying the position so she could operate with no oversight.

The recent report for newly accept Inspector General is a bit troubling as well. I don't know how much evidence is behind it but if any of it is true that would mean she has blatantly lied for months if not years.

On a side note her as a person is just downright despicable. There have been not 1 but 2 ex secret service agents reporting just how terrible of a person Hilary is. Treating people like trash and beneath her.

Maybe this is unfair to Hilary but it feels like she has just been anointed by the DNC as the president like its your turn now and this make me sour about the whole political process. This is probably no different than years and elections prior but nothing feels democratic about this process. It more feels like a popularity club and it is the people in the 'IN' crowd that gets to decide everything with little or no input from the rest.

IMO she is the best candidate money can buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    There's 1 more primary worth 20 delegates left. Given that Clinton is up in the popular vote, up in the pledged delegates, and is the party's preferred candidate anyway, there's 0% chance that Bernie could swing a win here.
    Hey, all Sanders needs to take the lead is to win about 1800% of D.C.'s delegates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I'm against both of them. I'd rather we just elect a quarter as President, and flip a coin whenever we need a decision made. We'd probably be better off.
    Flip a coin enough times, supposed one day It lands on it's edge.

To all of the people asking why people think Trump is a better choice, I'm assuming a large amount of them don't think he is. They're just so tired of the shitshow that is American politics that they're hoping Trump burns everything to the ground.

The simple fact that Clinton and Trump are legitimate nominees and not joke candidates like "Deez Nuts" just goes to show how fucking awful American politics has become.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Flip a coin enough times, supposed one day It lands on it's edge.
    Flip it again. I think random chance would be wind up being better off for us over a corporate shill or a racist narcissist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

I am voting for Trump for one reason To keep Hillary Clintion out of the oval office

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    To all of the people asking why people think Trump is a better choice, I'm assuming a large amount of them don't think he is. They're just so tired of the shitshow that is American politics that they're hoping Trump burns everything to the ground.

The simple fact that Clinton and Trump are legitimate nominees and not joke candidates like "Deez Nuts" just goes to show how fucking awful American politics has become.
    Pretty much.

I see American Politics a den of vipers being fed by fat greasy merchants watching joyfully as they snap and hiss at each other to scramble over the same scraps from the same hands.

It's just as bad as the politics of my own country, with a bunch of retired horses grunt and neighing endlessly in a stable that never gets cleared out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, really drunk the Hilary Koolaide here.

Know what? Instead of saying absurdist statements about trump. Show us how Hilary will not be the most corportist facist cuntmonkey to ever grace the white house.
    I'm actually not a rabid Hillary supporter. I'm kind of Hillary "meh," to be honest, but I'm very much against Trump and Hillary is the only bet to stop him.

Hillary will not be "the most corportist facist cuntmonkey to ever grace the white house" because there is no such thing as a cuntmonkey.

While I'm not going to say that she's not corporatist, that's something people constantly say, but never provide any actual examples. The point of this thread was to try to understand the actual reasons for these beliefs instead of just saying, "Well everyone knows that she's a corporate shill fascist cuntmonkey." Also, fascist? How fascist? I could see that argument for Trump, who has built a cult of personality around him, loves to speak in doublespeak, and seems to be trying to elevate nationalist nativist racialized rhetoric. But "fascist" doesn't seem to fit Clinton at all.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilary can and will slowly twist words in law to better her own economic power because it'll benefit republican and Democrat alike.
    And you think Trump won't do the same becauuuuuuuuuuuuuuse??

Deleted
    For 2 reasons. She lies. I mean blatantly lies and when confronted about it, denies it. Trump lies too but hes spontaneous, its just that he doesnt really think it through that much, he doesnt do it on purpose.

and reason 2. She sounds like Merkel. We should always put US citizen first instead of helping politically correct causes like 3rd world migrants.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hilary is the antithesis to liberal ideas.
    Sure she is...
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I'm against both of them. I'd rather we just elect a quarter as President, and flip a coin whenever we need a decision made. We'd probably be better off.
    I can understand being against both of them. But are you EQUALLY against both of them? Because if not, what's gained by not voting to try to get the least awful person in power?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I get why people think this. What I don't get is why people then think Trump is a better choice. (You didn't assert that, but I'm just saying that's how it seems to go).
    For right or wrong I think it's simple. She's been in the public eye for a long time and that's allowed a lot of contradictory, flip-flopping, hand waving stances where she tries to pretend the past doesn't exist. Trust me, the left is trying hard to dig through history to try and make everyone more familiar with Trumps past life, but, he just hasn't been as public as she has.

On a secondary level, we view these two as different people, a politician and a businessman. One is supposed to engage in deal makings for monetary gain, one is not. What we see in Hillary is a politician, using influence to make monetary gains. That is a huge breach of trust with the people who expect better of their public servants.

We expect businessmen to push as far as they can to make a buck. We don't always like it, but we get it's the system we're in. Trump has come right out and told us how he's abused the system to make a buck, it's hard to not trust a man who comes out and basically proclaims he is something that would have been the Democrats talking points against him if he hadn't proclaimed it himself. It's actually a very good selling tactic, car salesman used it on me for the last vehicle I purchased. We don't blame him for getting what he can, because he's doing it in the framework of the rules around our economy.

We expect our politicians to not live in that sphere of money influence. Hillary, as a life long politician, clearly lives within that sphere of influence. It's not just her that people hate, it's basically every lifelong politician, particularly those living lavishly off their public servancy. She is seemingly always trying to distance herself from her own lifestyle, which seems disingenuous.

I can understand being against both of them. But are you EQUALLY against both of them? Because if not, what's gained by not voting to try to get the least awful person in power?
    I think they're both terrible, and I won't vote for someone I don't like. Say Hillary winds up enacting some law that censors video games? I don't want to be responsible for helping her get elected.

I'll probably just write in some name so that my ballot doesn't get rejected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    And you think Trump won't do the same becauuuuuuuuuuuuuuse??
    Because many of his policies are not rooted in "Progressive values" that are a translation for "Facist destruction of freedoms"

Sure he'll make it easier for corporate fatcats to get away with tax cuts and shit no doubt about it.

But he won't shove a rhetoric of "feelings vs freedoms" down your throats because it'll cause a shitstorm in the republican party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    I actually get the idea of wanting the brush fire to clear the weeds or whatever. The problem is the next President is guaranteed to pick another SCOTUS justice, who are appointed for life. So that brush fire doesn't just last for a 4 year term. It lasts 40 years, and affects some very fundamental things about life in the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    Sure she is...
    She literally wants to censor video games and the internet.

As someone that leans left on a lot of issues, I don't hate her but her connections to Wall Street are extremely alarming, especially since she refuses to release the transcripts of private speeches made to Wall Street executives. Also, she takes plenty of corporate money and donations, and I strongly feel that getting big money out of politics is CRITICAL if America ever wants to have true democracy.

And this is more assertions without anything supporting them. The whole point of this thread is to try to explain why people think this stuff, and why she's so much worse in these regards than Trump that it's worth letting him win.
    Reeve, I'm not entirely sure if your thread is really about understanding why people don't like hillary, it appears as if your defending her regardless of anything put your way about her. For constructive and informative conversation, Bias should be put aside. That being said before she ran for office i knew little about her but had heard rumors of shady things done by the clintons (both of them) back when bill was in office and the giant ass email scandal that was blowing up FB and other news. As someone said earlier a simple google search can give you these answers. a video was also linked multiple times showing how she will lie time and time again because the truth doesn't put her in good standing. I'm not all pro trump but if i had to choose between the 2 from what i've seen its trump. at least even if his opinion isn't in the public interest (maybe it is but who knows) he'll say it anyways because its truthfully how he feels. The one thing hillary has going for her is that regardless of being caught on film having said or doing X Y Z and then COMPLETELY denying it, when she is called out she stands her ground, regardless if she was caught in the lie (which she is all the time seemingly). on the flip side however; Her denial of these claims could also be less about her standing her ground and more about convincing american voters that allegations are not true (regardless of video proof of the opposite) because people/voters like you won't take the time to research further into it and she's betting on that.

7+ Year Old Account
    As some others mentioned it before just the whole fucking situation that you have to vote between 2 shitty candidates should say/tell you something about your fucking horrible voting system.