Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Who you callin Brony? You wanna fight?
    I meant it in a loving way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    they stay ghettos because the land values drop and the crime rate makes normal people unwilling to invest in the area

they get the same service in a lot of cases they get more services then everybody else in Australia they get a hell of alot more and its just made the problem worse

its like a child who has never had to do anything for themselves they never have to grow up they never learn how to take care of themselves
    Yeah no you're talking about things that are strictly connected. Crime rates and poverty aren't self sustained factors that radomly pop up wherever they feel like. It's obvious that, if given access to the market, it's very likely that most refugees would fill up low end jobs. That doesn't mean that the area is condemned for generations as is the case in some areas of Paris (just to give an example). If schools are running and services are provided, the area WILL improve. If not only the first generation, but also "second generation refugees" are left with no hope BUT low end jobs, than it's ALSO our fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I meant it in a loving way.
    Never call a bro a brony. Thats bro rule 17 section 10 paragraph c, sub section f

Deleted
    what's already been done? a community trying to change from within? yeah it ends up with people getting assassinated from within the Community but if the Community is willing to change it will

you can put your life on the line and try make things better or move out of the ghetto

your rights and freedoms come at a cost this ain't fairy land
    Ghettoisation has already happened in Europe and has caused several problems. Like... after the second world war that is. Germany and France are examples of how to make sure things are done arse ways, when it comes to integrating newcomers in.
    It's not like people talk because they enjoy the sound of it. This has already happened and "leave them sort it out" didn't work.
    I agree it needs to happen from within but help also comes in from outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ah for the love of god almighty and the holy trinity.

- - - Updated - - -

Kidnapping babies good enough for you?
    It's official, kidnapping is worse than decapitation. Thanks you so much i learned something today.

Deleted
    what's already been done? a community trying to change from within? yeah it ends up with people getting assassinated from within the Community but if the Community is willing to change it will

you can put your life on the line and try make things better or move out of the ghetto

your rights and freedoms come at a cost this ain't fairy land

- - - Updated - - -

the area will not integrate with your culture once this happens
    yes generations are condemned unless change comes from within but that is highly unlikely

you have just created a new Country inside your own if it grows large enough incoming a civil war
    What are you even talking about now though? It sounds as if you're cooking something.
    "If you let this happen, your cultures wont mix. Better order chinese."
    People working are people working. Their kids going to school are their kids going to school.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    It's official, kidnapping is worse than decapitation. Thanks you so much i learned something today.
    I can't actually believe someone is actually making a comparison between kidnapping babies and decapitation.

My only source of daily cheer-up: MMO-C immigrant threads. Always puts a smile on my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I'm not too sure if your talking exclusively about Germany's imported sectarianism or our own homegrown sectarianism, its the we that's confusing.

Our sectarianism is a ripple of our history, and as such is pandered to commonly.

The sectarianism as played out in this story is a direct result of blind humaniterism with no regard to the potential for conflict. To ignore the friction between Sunni and Shia, is to ignore the ongoing war in Yemen. Was it shortsightedness, ignorance or antagonism that lead to arson, probably about an equal measures of each, but if a country welcomes mass refugee immigration, there is a certain amount of pandering to be done.
    No, there should be absolutely no pandering. If they can not leave their sectarian issues behind them, then they go. It is a different problem with homegrown sectarianism, as there is no place to send them to and that is something we have to deal with differently.

Europe does not need The Troubles rebooted, but with Islam this time, we can attest to how shit the original was.

Sounds like an incredibly intelligent bunch of folks.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Crime is simply a symptom of poor integration into society ; That can be solved in a multitude of ways.
    why even waste the time and effort?

Is the US facing a bad population crisis?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Crime is simply a symptom of poor integration into society ; That can be solved in a multitude of ways.
    Let me guess those "ways" give them more of our time, resources, and taxes and suddenly they'll become good people.

As a Portuguese guy, I'm pretty close to Morocco. Reckon I can try to be a "refugee" too?

Doesn't surprise me. Unlike the refugees from Syria, those from North Africa have no perspective here. The incident at new years eve was also largely from criminal gangs from Morocco and Algeria.

Anyway, we already know that people treat things that aren't their own often like trash (see anything public - no matter where in the world). Now add to that the frustation due to having no future here (and neither in their homeland).
    Sadly they couldn't have been deported sooner. Sounds harsh, and it is, but those without perspective are ticking time bombs. Everyone would be in that specific situation, no matter where from. And those incidents make it incredibly hard to integrate those who do have a perspective here (wether I like it or not).

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, this isn't just about few people being annoyed about people not following ramadan. It bears striking similarity to the events in Suhl last year where people of different ethnicity were cramped together which resulted in a heated atmosphere where people adhere to different cultural habits and lifestyles too. Throw in the fact that the Bamf is processing asylum requests at snail's speed it is easy to see how over time things can escalate. Especially with notorious criminals being packed together with say a family of six. It's just a disaster waiting to happen.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    >morrocan refugees

just mine the boarders already, this shit is never going to end

Sad news. 10 million Euros in damages. Ungrateful fucks. But what can you do? Douse the fire, clean up the shit, redistribute them and be glad nobody got seriously injured. It would help if you didn't put one religious group in charge of another (Shia vs. Sunni). Hopefully authorities learn from this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Why the hell would you hire Iranians to look after refugees that are mostly Arabs? Iranians hate Arabs more than anything. Arabs are treated less than animals in Iran. Just asking for a disaster.
    Indeed. I think despite all the talk about it, this didn't penetrate German consciousness about Muslims. To us they (ME) are all pretty much one group and when they fight among each other, most of us don't really understand why. Nor are we overly interested in the why, to be honest. Guess we'll have to develop an interest now...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Sad news. 10 million Euros in damages. Ungrateful fucks. But what can you do? Douse the fire, clean up the shit, redistribute them and be glad nobody got seriously injured. It would help if you didn't put one religious group in charge of another (Shia vs. Sunni). Hopefully authorities learn from this.
    Shiiiit, I live in the U.S. and get most of my news from here and I know that Shia Vs. Sunni means the one in power is gonna fuck with the other on, no matter which one is in power.. maybe learn a bit about the people you're housing >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Shiiiit, I live in the U.S. and get most of my news from here and I know that Shia Vs. Sunni means the one in power is gonna fuck with the other on, no matter which one is in power.. maybe learn a bit about the people you're housing >.>
    Well, I am personally aware of it, but I think the general population just thinks "muslim" and stops there. As I said, the public is not too interested in the finer intricasies of Muslims, and as I understand, even within one religious faction there are different streams. It's why one Imam will condemn a terrorist act harshly while the next may just ignore it and so on...

We rely on people to get their shit together without having to teach life to them. This works in 9 out of 10 cases for Europeans. We're not used to people running around like helpless babies that need us to solve their problems for them. The general idea is that we shelter them and then they're "safe".

Also, our main concern is that the German population isn't affected by them. Which naturally is priority #1. Anything else just flies below the radar at the moment.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well, I am personally aware of it, but I think the general population just thinks "muslim" and stops there. As I said, the public is not too interested in the finer intricasies of Muslims, and as I understand, even within one religious faction there are different streams. It's why one Imam will condemn a terrorist act harshly while the next may just ignore it and so on...

We rely on people to get their shit together without having to teach life to them. This works in 9 out of 10 cases for Europeans. We're not used to people running around like helpless babies that need us to solve their problems for them. The general idea is that we shelter them and then they're "safe".

Also, our main concern is that the German population isn't affected by them. Which naturally is priority #1. Anything else just flies below the radar at the moment.
    IDK, I look at it and all I see are the literal wars fought between different sects of Christianity about 20-40 years ago. But.. for some reason it's different this time, and they're all medieval savages... even though, historically speaking, we're not even over all the consequences of that, let alone in a position to claim superiority.

Maybe I'm too optimistic about people actually wanting to learn rather than go for the big score and winning everything with a magic wand, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    IDK, I look at it and all I see are the literal wars fought between different sects of Christianity about 20-40 years ago. But.. for some reason it's different this time, and they're all medieval savages... even though, historically speaking, we're not even over all the consequences of that, let alone in a position to claim superiority.

Maybe I'm too optimistic about people actually wanting to learn rather than go for the big score and winning everything with a magic wand, who knows.
    Hum, if you're refering to Northern Ireland, I'm not too sure how much of that was actually religious and how much it was political (Irish vs. British). A British person would have to help us out here. It's not a bunch of savages, though. It's just humans. As far as the media reports it (and I have little reason to doubt the story as it has been repeated by many sources by now) the conflict escalated when the group in charge didn't wake the other group in time for their breakfast meal. Since it's Ramadan and they cannot eat while the sun is up, this is a big problem in summer Ramadans. During winter, Muslims will shrug it off, eat at 10 am and then eat at 5 pm again. In summer Ramadan means eating around 4 am and then waiting until 10 pm. So this kind of manipulative little mindfucking is a bit harsh right now.

The sad thing is, German authorities are trying to help them observe Ramadan. They even have a food output scheduled in the middle of the night, so they can pretty much follow Ramadan as well as we can provide it for them. This is purely internal Muslim bullshitting each other. What will happen now is that we have arrested and will put the firestarters on trial, they will end up in prison for the remainder of their stay here (until Syria or wherever they're from is safe enough for them to return) and then they'll get deported. As for the guys in charge, I do expect them to not be in charge anymore once they are redistributed and other centres will be made aware of the cause of this incident.

We may suck at not being distrustful enough, but if there's one thing it's that you don't fool us twice. We're really good at learning from these kinds of mistakes. Usually.