Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I leveled my druid from 1 to 60 as feral, but never did any dps in cat or bear form. It took me 24 days /played to reach 60. I was also level 60 before I realized I could track herbs on the minimap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had cyber with another player on my realm.

Did it with the WoW voip.

No regrets.

One of my characters are named after my penis and a habit I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a female guildie ask to cyber with me over vent, I must've been 16 or 17 at the time. I didn't do it but I didn't tell anyone either. She got kicked awhile after that for "inappropriate behavior" so I must not have been the only one she propositioned.

Also I thought hunters needed to stack agility to get a higher dodge chance so they could mongoose bite more until I was like level 50 something.

I lie about my gender constantly because I was sick of the weird "hey u got skype" messages from guildies. I even gender changed most of my characters to dudes. Words can't describe how annoying it is to have people 100% seriously treat you as if your gender must be an earned and proven right....immediately after they ask you what it is. What the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Vanilla leveling in my opinion is the worst leveling experience I have ever had in any MMO. People that say that you get the sense of Acomplishment only say it out Nostaliga
    You know, in hindsight....I totally agree with this.

I hear people talk about how amazing it was to finally hit 60, but for me the feeling was more of just a "Well...cool, now it's time to actually participate in the rest of this game I've been hearing about because I'm still weak and pathetic but don't have the excuse of being low level anymore. Where the hell do I start?"

It felt like you spent months getting to the point where you could actually participate in the part of WoW that's fun, and I don't get why people want that back. It was boring as hell. I think WotLK was the golden age of leveling for me because we still had old Azeroth (personal preference I guess) and dungeon finder but heirlooms and leveling speed weren't too crazy.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing since the release of BC and the only class I know how to play well is Paladin, and only ret or holy - no idea how to play prot. I've leveled other characters, but never took to the time to learn another one. Maybe I should learn a new class - might make wow fun again.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I bought 500g once back in TBC when I had just started... I told everyone some random guy gave it to me because "he was quitting" :P

Also this one time I was trying to boost a friend of mine to 1800 rating in arenas and we we're having a hard time... After some time I realized his healing spells were not max ranked for the most part... After we fixed that it was easy :P

Also before realID became a thing I used to have a max-level Horde Rogue on another account that I used for griefing friends and guildies... I got caught after some time because I was on skype with some of them and couldn't hold back the laughter after I heard them raging cause I was corpse-camping them
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2016-06-09 at 12:23 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really liked Wotlk raiding during Naxx
    it was simple, only 10 and 25 man

Easy and fun!

While I think the game is over-casual-tuned in a few areas, I think WoD is a great x-pac and far better than Vanilla and TBC.
    (Player from day 1)

I once used a soulstone on someone in the middle of a bad pull in lbrs and we still wiped.

I once ran the wrong way in mechanar and pulled adds that wiped us.

i'm not a good dps.

I once tanked one of the bosses in tol barad and didn't know the fight. I got reamed for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawry View Post
    While I think the game is over-casual-tuned in a few areas, I think WoD is a great x-pac and far better than Vanilla and TBC.
    (Player from day 1)

Deleted
    I'm beginning to think more and more that people that hate WoD are more "recent" players, while people that liked it have played WoW for a longer time.

And yes, this means you Justrob. Systematically bashing with no arguments people that liked WoD. Just read my post on the previous page.

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    I'm beginning to think more and more that people that hate WoD are more "recent" players, while people that liked it have played WoW for a longer time.

And yes, this means you Justrob. Systematically bashing with no arguments people that liked WoD. Just read my post on the previous page.
    I actually played since 2005. WoD was fucking awful. The only amazing thing about it was the levelling, which was rich with cinematics and epic moments. After that it became fucking terrible. Mainly because of Blizzard withholding flying at max level for God knows what reason, and ofcourse because of everyone being isolated in their garrison.

I'm not gonna go on a whole nostalgic rant about how we all sat in Ironforge together back in vanilla, but WoD just did so many things wrong. The awful apexis grind zones with little or no context, Tanaan Jungle which was more of the same apexis grinding, only two raid tiers, shitty ass garrisons, and story wise, the ending. Grom Hellscream cheering with us. The guy who was killing off our buddies up until Gul'dan took shit over.

Deleted
    I agree that Blizz made some dramatic mistakes during this expansion. But, as you said, they mostly did so about lvl 100+content, i.e. "competitive players' stuff". as far as I'm concerned (old player, tired of the competitive side of the game since before MoP to sum it up), WoD make a great job at (re-)telling a story we love.

In my opinion, the playerbase is actually to blame for WoD's mistakes. People whine about how flying killed PVP ? Ok, we'll delay flying until the last patch. People want mogs, collectables, etc ? Ok, we'll settle a way for everyone to get them. People think the game was better when you had to grind reps like Ogri'la ? Let's bring back Apexis crystals.

IMO the devs should, weirdly, care a little bit less about what the players say, and carry on with their original plans. They often scrapped possibly great content because players wanted content ASAP (Farahlon,or Path of Titans, for instance.)

I stand on my position, WoD was a great birthday gift for older players, RPers (for who Garrisons was the best gift ever), and people who don't care about competitive content. Kinda like a contemplative xpack.

Hope I managed to make you understand my point

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    I agree that Blizz made some dramatic mistakes during this expansion. But, as you said, they mostly did so about lvl 100+content, i.e. "competitive players' stuff". as far as I'm concerned (old player, tired of the competitive side of the game since before MoP to sum it up), WoD make a great job at (re-)telling a story we love.

In my opinion, the playerbase is actually to blame for WoD's mistakes. People whine about how flying killed PVP ? Ok, we'll delay flying until the last patch. People want mogs, collectables, etc ? Ok, we'll settle a way for everyone to get them. People think the game was better when you had to grind reps like Ogri'la ? Let's bring back Apexis crystals.

IMO the devs should, weirdly, care a little bit less about what the players say, and carry on with their original plans. They often scrapped possibly great content because players wanted content ASAP (Farahlon,or Path of Titans, for instance.)

I stand on my position, WoD was a great birthday gift for older players, RPers (for who Garrisons was the best gift ever), and people who don't care about competitive content. Kinda like a contemplative xpack.

Hope I managed to make you understand my point
    The problem with your argument and so many others on this forum is that I'm not "people". You can't look at a design decision and say "Well people wanted this or whined about that". Just because a bunch of people whined doesn't mean it's my fault Blizzard made a terrible decision. Ultimately Blizzard is the developer and they must have the insight to decide which design decision is good and which is bad. Only they are to blame for making those decisions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    The problem with your argument and so many others on this forum is that I'm not "people". You can't look at a design decision and say "Well people wanted this or whined about that". Just because a bunch of people whined doesn't mean it's my fault Blizzard made a terrible decision. Ultimately Blizzard is the developer and they must have the insight to decide which design decision is good and which is bad. Only they are to blame for making those decisions.
    I disagree. What's worse for Blizz : ignoring these "whining people" and have a reputation of not listening to your community, or granting them their desires to "see how it works out" and correcting it later if needed ? It's an MMO, so listening to your community is kind of a must for Blizzard.

I think they preferred giving the whiners what they wanted, even if they had to do a 180° later on instead of getting a bad reputation if they didn't.

But I can understand your opinion nonetheless. After all, I'm the one who's not playing the game for the competitive side of it. Call me a fanbopy, maybe, but I truly love the Warcraft universe above all "gameplay decisions" they could make, good or bad.

Deleted
    I first started playing WoW in the summer 9 years ago. I spent the whole summer inside with shades closed obsessed with the game, playing for 8-14 hours a day. I am still a bit ashamed for losing myself those 6 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Good friend for over 16 years started using a Bot to get the time lost proto drake, So i called up blizzard and reported him, he was banned in 2 hours. ( PS He was Full BiS ICC25H with 11K ACH's On his account ) Call me an ass thats fine, Dont fucking cheat.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

I was a stereotypical guild slut back in early BC. Flirted with guys to get mats, gold, gear, etc. I'm not proud of it buy my druid was pretty legit at the time!

Signature by Shyama!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priya-tan View Post
    I was a stereotypical guild slut back in early BC. Flirted with guys to get mats, gold, gear, etc. I'm not proud of it buy my druid was pretty legit at the time!
    You're the reason why alot of girls get bullied at high rated ladder
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?