Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    1. It simply needs to be as efficient as private providers, which it can easily do.
    2. It doesn't need to be profitable.
    3. The prices will drop significantly in single payer, to argue otherwise is obtuse. One because it is one party negotiating on behalf of everyone, you can either take it or leave it. Two, almost every non-profit hospital is already highly subsidized by the government.
    It needs to be profitable. Because when things are good, people use it a lot, and breed a lot. So, the extra profit accounts for the extra expanses that is inevitibly going to occur.

Deleted
    "We're not selfish!"

"Why should we have to pay for other people's problems!?"

Do you not understand what the definition of "selfish" is?
    So being selfish should be illegal according to you? Guess what.. most people are selfish, even the lefties as they always say someone else should pay, just not them.. but those evil rich people, even if they must make them pay at gunpoint.

they really need to make it illegal for companies to dodge obamacare by cutting employee hours to not meet the minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    What does it mean "left admits"? Is left a person? Some people admit, others do not. Dat clickbate title...

Also, how is MSN leftist?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    No, triggered lefties go into fits of rage, throw tantrums and call everyone who disagrees with them names and want to silence all opposition.. because of feelings.
    Lol. But the person you claimed was a triggered leftie did indeed bash both sides. You may want to claim the person was triggered whatever. But to claim that this was a triggered leftie is silly.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    Let's get rid of that abominaton.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    And this my friend is an example of someone labeling me as a leftists when in fact I'm neither. I don't support the left or right and I'm not supportive of either Republicans nor Democrats. I think this country needs some major changes in its "parties". Good job though, hope you're proud of being wrong.
    and thus you are a lefty. If you said, this countries people need major changes, than you would have been neutral. The parties are the symptom of the problem in people. It is not the parties that are sjw or use arguments to support things based on illiogical emotion or have their head in the sand. Its the people. Its the liberals who push for unsustainable policies like socialized medicine, while conservatives push for illogical Reganomics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    And this my friend is an example of someone labeling me as a leftists when in fact I'm neither. I don't support the left or right and I'm not supportive of either Republicans nor Democrats. I think this country needs some major changes in its "parties". Good job though, hope you're proud of being wrong.
    Well I actually agree with this.. but considering the language you were using, its an honest mistake. I dont agree with many things Republicans stand for either. Their views are antiquated and all that bible thumping just makes me cringe.

10+ Year Old Account
    So being selfish should be illegal according to you? Guess what.. most people are selfish, even the lefties as they always say someone else should pay, just not them.. but those evil rich people, even if they must make them pay at gunpoint.
    Its not according to me friend... You live in a first world welfare state with compulsory taxation...

If you don't like it, you are perfectly welcome to go live in a failed state somewhere. Until then all you can do is keep on keeping on and cry about how terrible it is that you have to pay taxes so poor, elderly, and disabled people don't die in the streets (I know, its horrible), but I am pretty sure you will make it though ok.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    and thus you are a lefty. If you said, this countries people need major changes, than you would have been neutral. The parties are the symptom of the problem in people. It is not the parties that are sjw or use arguments to support things based on illiogical emotion or have their head in the sand. Its the people. Its the liberals who push for unsustainable policies like socialized medicine, while conservatives push for illogical Reganomics.
    GG, still not a lefty bro. I'll correct myself so you can understand better, this whole fucking country needs change, including the current parties, both sides and all the people. Happy now bro? Honestly I come off a bit aggressive on this site lately because of how ignorant some people here are it's amusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I actually agree with this.. but considering the language you were using, its an honest mistake. I dont agree with many things Republicans stand for either. Their views are antiquated and all that bible thumping just makes me cringe.
    What I just said to the poster above me is what I mean, sorry if I came off aggressive, this site when it comes to politics gets on my nerves sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not according to me friend... You live in a first world welfare state with compulsory taxation...

If you don't like it, you are perfectly welcome to go live in a failed state somewhere. Until then all you can do is keep on keeping on and cry about how terrible it is that you have to pay taxes so poor, elderly, and disabled people don't die in the streets (I know, its horrible), but I am pretty sure you will make it though ok.
    What failed state are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Hope it's not a long line like Canada.
    Typically it's not and I live in the biggest city in the whole country. It's a triage so it ultimately depends on your condition. The same thing happens in US hospitals as well.

Deleted
    "We're not selfish!"

"Why should we have to pay for other people's problems!?"

Do you not understand what the definition of "selfish" is?
    it's not selfish to expect other people to pay for their own shit lol

the only time you should expect to get a handout from the government is if you are literally completely unable to pay for it and would otherwise die

if you have to become indebted then so be it
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-06-09 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Except health care cost inflation has dropped since the ACA was passed.
    Your talking about the difference between 5% @ 100 or 4% @ 500. You'll never live long enough to see the price be cheaper because of the lower inflation.

Deleted

This is just pure gold.. how about like not voting for left instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    wait.... msn is a leftist site? Are you confusing it with MSNBC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, a reason to go for Universal Health Care. Take that Obamacare! Time for America to step up to other 1st world countries.

one day usa will have good healthcare system in place one day
    mr pickles

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok. Might as well chime in too. Enough people have pointed out that msn.com is not a "Leftist" site and that the author is a conservative blogger. The ACA isn't anywhere near as good as it could have been. That's true, but not in the way people like the author want you to believe. When the original bill was trying to get passed, it started out much stronger. The Republicans in congres were threatening a filibuster as usual, but there was one Republican senator from Maine (Olympia Snowe) who said she'd vote for it if only a few things were changed. The Democrats fell for it and kept taking out and changing items and weakening the bill. The ACA became worse and worse until it was the final version you see today. In the end, Snowe voted against the bill anyway.

Now if nothing else, the one thing this bill did do that we can't ever let be repealed is the guaranteed coverage/can't descriminate for pre-existing condition portion of the bill. Previously, you could be paying into your plan for years and then when you get really sick and need to use the coverage, the insurance company could (and usually would) drop you. Now, they aren't allowed to do that. That honestly has been so incredibly important to me as I was diagnosed with cancer at the end of 2015. Because of the ACA, I was able to have health insurance and get the treatment I needed. I've been unable to work do to the cancer, making our household a single income home. Without the healthcare I paid for each month, we would have gone bankrupt trying to afford the costs of treatment and surgeries (I've had 4 so far) along with hospital stays (30 days since the end of November). I have 5 doctors now, 4 of which I need to see regularly (oncologist, surgeon, ENT, and cardiologist). I realise I'm ranting now, but basically the shitty ACA we have today is still a huge step up from what healthcare was in the US before it passed. Side note: I was actually licensed in health insurance when the ACA was in congress, so I was paying close attention to the whole process both for personal and professional reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    it's not selfish to expect other people to pay for their own shit lol
    Yeah, it is.

Every dollar you earn is done so in the context of living within the society that allowed you to do so. You don't earn money in a vacuum. Social welfare is one part of the system, one of many necessary requirements of a functioning society. It isn't "expecting you to pay for other people's shit"; it's expecting you to fulfill the requirements of the system in which you live, which offered you the opportunities that have lead you to the position you are in.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2016-06-09 at 10:40 PM.