Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Angry The devs recognize that BRF came out too quickly ???????

ARE THEY KIDDING ME??

full quote: "The devs recognize that BRF came out too quickly and release pacing in Warlords wasn't great. There is a plan in place to make it better in Legion."

but honestly it came way to late.. or am i wrong?

It came out way too soon...

what did you want them to do, unrelease it?

Too quickly for who, actually? For mythic raiders? Surely it wasn't. For heroic raiders? Same stuff.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

it came out way quicker then some people wanted it to, i believe that there were some people who were progressing in highmaul mythic when BRF was released which screwed up their progress and jumped right to BRF where the better gear was

It almost completely replaced Highmaul within only like 2-3 months of launch. Way too soon.

Deleted
    clearly they wanted the expansion to last 6 years with 2 years content droughts between each raid

Deleted
    Take a look at the Pie graphs representing Length of Raid tiers, and yeah, it will line up with that it came out too soon.

I'd have liked it to have another month tbh.

Deleted
    Yeah, that statement surprised me aswell. I believe that BRF came too late and the staggered release was a way to pad the expansion (with the "big" 7.1 patch). I believe Blizzard wants to give every casual guild time to clear Mythic before the next raid releases...

EDIT: Also realize that Highmaul were only 7 bosses and we are going to have a similar size for Emerald Nightmare... they dont need to have a 4-5 months length and its okay to have a shorter relevant time.
    Last edited by mmocd32df0e854; 2016-06-10 at 11:23 AM.

Way too late. BRF was meant to be a launch raid (which is why Highmaul didn't drop tier gear). Pretty crazy for them to say it came out too soon when it was delayed for months, tacked on the the next patch to pretend there was new content, and left us with the most embarrassingly small amount of raid content on launch ever.

BRF lasted too long. HM lasted too little.

Deleted
    Way too late indeed, I would like to see them released at the same time with set bonuses and same item level in both. While I think Highmaul was the best raid in WoD, it could have been so much better if BRF and Highmaul were released at the same time, There was no point to go back to Highmaul when BRF came out.

Yes BRF was released to soon. Hopefully they could learn from their misstakes and pace raids/tiers way better in Legion.

Deleted
    BRF came out too soon, many of us (such as my guild since we were 2d/week) were progressing Imp when BRF released which was quite frustrating.

Releasing it when they did was only a problem because the gear was so much better, and then they buffed it a further +5ilvls. If HM and BRF were the same ilvl and run concurrently it would have been fine.

But in general if you have a realistic idea of how long your xpac will last (and not clinging to the hope that you'll finally get that one year dev cycle this time), you should space out your content better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    Yeah, that statement surprised me aswell. I believe that BRF came too late and the staggered release was a way to pad the expansion (with the "big" 7.1 patch). I believe Blizzard wants to give every casual guild time to clear Mythic before the next raid releases...

EDIT: Also realize that Highmaul were only 7 bosses and we are going to have a similar size for Emerald Nightmare... they dont need to have a 4-5 months length and its okay to have a shorter relevant time.
    No one wanted HM to last 4-5 months. Maybe 2 months at most. The main problem was that BRF gave such a huge Ilvl increase that it made doing HM pointless. That and set bonuses. Hopefully for legion, they won't implement such a system.

It should either have been at the same time as highmaul (with roughly equal gear) or it should have been delayed even further. It made highmaul irrelevant and because of that it felt like a seperate tier and I personally would have preferred for it to come later, yeah.

brf was the first fucking raid tier. highmaul did not have tier sets, it was just something to keep us busy while we waited for content to be reelased that was already tested in beta as part of the original release that got pushed back.

Seems the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing here. One says 3 raid tiers, other wont confirm how many raid tiers. one says they wont confirm or deny new dungeons after launch, one says they plan attunement fior the 7.1 dungeon. Good info but dam poor job on having their ducks in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Way too late. BRF was meant to be a launch raid (which is why Highmaul didn't drop tier gear). Pretty crazy for them to say it came out too soon when it was delayed for months, tacked on the the next patch to pretend there was new content, and left us with the most embarrassingly small amount of raid content on launch ever.
    BRF was in the game from release and opened a few weeks before patch 6.1 launched. Also I'm pretty sure WotLK had the smallest amount of raid content, if you exclude Naxx which was recycled from Vanilla and posed as much challenge as current LFR Blizz only bothered to make two dragons to fight in 3.0