Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruline View Post
    Full quote: "The devs recognize that BRF came out too quickly and release pacing in Warlords wasn't great. There is a plan in place to make it better in Legion."
    What a load of nonsense, the release of BRF was pretty much perfect. Most mythic guilds were just clearing Highmaul, most heroic guilds had cleared Highmaul and if they had the numbers were having a go at mythic, most normal guilds had cleared highmaul and were having a go at heroic.

What is Blizzard's complaint? that by not giving us a content drought after Highmaul they gave us a bigger one after HFC? :S

And what exactly is their solution to this illusionary problem? To delay all the raid patches in Legion until the community gets really vocal about content droughts? :O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure WotLK had the smallest amount of raid content
    Er...

Burning Crusades: 16 Instances and 9 Raids
    WotLK: 16 Instances and 10 Raids
    Cata: 14 Instances and 6 Raids
    MOP: 9 Instances and 5 Raids
    WOD: 8 Instances and 3 Raids
    Well, it's a good job you weren't sure enough to bet on it haha.

Deleted
    Highmaul lasted WAY TOO LONG considering it was a tierless raid. Leaving people without tier sets is an atrocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruline View Post
    ARE THEY KIDDING ME??

full quote: "The devs recognize that BRF came out too quickly and release pacing in Warlords wasn't great. There is a plan in place to make it better in Legion."

but honestly it came way to late.. or am i wrong?
    it came out to early if you're trying to sell it as a different tier, that wasn't the case. I'm sure at the moment they were doing HM/BRF they probably thought they would have another tier. Either that or they are idiots and they are just basically winging it when it comes to planning.

Deleted
    for being the same tier as highmaul i think it was alright, personally for my guild a week or two later would have been better. months later would have been bad, they should have made it two seperate (bigger) tiers then.

Personally i was also much more amazed by the statement how there "absolutely" wont be as bad content draughts anymore, sounded so casually put like it was the most normal thing in the world.

They will tell anything now after failure with putting only 2 raid tiers ... So IMO they should release 3rd Tier on this expansion instead wondering if they did release second part of first tier too early ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Blizzards new philosophy seems to have 1 "entry level" raid without tier items with around 6-7 bosses like highmaul and now emerald nightmare, then releasing another raid with a bit higher ilevel, tier sets and around 11~ bosses. Imo they should combine them and make it like Cata/MoP style or just add a few more bosses to the emerald nightmare, give it tier items and just have that as a own tier. (ofc wont happen for Legion but for further expansions).

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    What a load of nonsense, the release of BRF was pretty much perfect. Most mythic guilds were just clearing Highmaul, most heroic guilds had cleared Highmaul and if they had the numbers were having a go at mythic, most normal guilds had cleared highmaul and were having a go at heroic.

What is Blizzard's complaint? that by not giving us a content drought after Highmaul they gave us a bigger one after HFC? :S

And what exactly is their solution to this illusionary problem? To delay all the raid patches in Legion until the community gets really vocal about content droughts? :O
    Maybe they wanted to give normal raiders more time to clear heroic, and heroic raiders more time to clear mythic?

Er...

Well, it's a good job you weren't sure enough to bet on it haha.
    Maybe my memory is a bit hazy, but I don't remember WotLK having 10 raids available at launch. I did leave out VoA, which takes the 3.0 content up to one piss-easy raid recycled from Vanilla, 2 dragons and a giant designed to be PuGged by PvPers. What are the other 6?

Deleted
    It should have been out at release. It's called release content so it better be available at release. Gating content like that is silly and just another sign of weakness from Blizz.

It would also not become irrelevant if they would look at past good game design. Karazhan for example wasn't even irrelevant when Sunwell hit.
    Last edited by mmocbb854e85f6; 2016-06-10 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    It should have been out at release. It's called release content so it better be avaialable at release. Gating content like that is silly and just sign of weakness from Blizz
    I hope you're joking....Jeez, this game's community has gone into a nosedive....

OT: They are absolutely correct. Highmaul did not last long enough unless you were a top level Mythic raider. Most guilds were still trying to clear it when BRF hit. They could have waited another month or so and probably been fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I hope you're joking....Jeez, this game's community has gone into a nosedive....

OT: They are absolutely correct. Highmaul did not last long enough unless you were a top level Mythic raider. Most guilds were still trying to clear it when BRF hit. They could have waited another month or so and probably been fine.
    Why should I joke? If they use good game design of the past, it would not make anything irrelevant and wouldn't create any problems. The guilds that are good enough could already try it while the other guilds would still have to first clear the easier raid. But if they maybe have problems with the endboss, they can still already go over to kill some early boss from that new raid and then go back the older raid to kiill the endboss. This is how it worked in the golden times of the game and it did work. No reason to gate stuff. If it's designed well it's gated naturally. The only reason they have to gate is because they still haven't finished creating that raid. THey need time to finish it with their sekeleton crew. That's the main reason why they are doing it.

But if they maybe have problems with the endboss, they can still already go over to kill some early boss from that new raid and then go back the older raid to kiill the endboss.
    This is what people did anyway.

Why should I joke? If they use good game design of the past, it would not make anything irrelevant and wouldn't create any problems. The guilds that are good enough could already try it while the other guilds would still have to first clear the easier raid. But if they maybe have problems with the endboss, they can still already go over to kill some early boss from that new raid and then go back the older raid to kiill the endboss. This is how it worked in the golden times of the game and it did work. No reason to gate stuff. If it's designed well it's gated naturally. The only reason they have to gate is because they still haven't finished creating that raid. THey need time to finish it with their sekeleton crew. That's the main reason why they are doing it.
    And so what if it isn't finished? Both Highmaul and BRF were high-quality raids, it takes a ton of effort to make those. In that so-called 'golden age' of yours the raids generally had months in between them and they were much simpler to make. The quality of raids is so high now that it takes a lot more to get them ready. Besides, it's not like some people got early access to BRF, it was available to everyone when it was released. Your argument that 'it should be in at launch because it's launch content' is fairly specious. Besides, they absolutely do require time gates. Otherwise people complain that much sooner that there's nothing to do (most of those people never even having touched Mythic anyway).

Deleted
    They could/should have released BRF in March and not the February when they did - Tier sets regardless. And HFC could have been delayed another 6 weeks/2 months really.

It came out too quickly for a very specific subgroup of players. My guild was ranked 20th or something on my server and progressed about half way through highmaul mythic when BRF released.
    For every other guild it came out right about when it should've. Most of the guilds in the world above us in progress had cleared it, and everyone else that didn't even do mythic had already cleared it at normal, heroic or even LFR.

I'm seeing a shift in attitude from Blizzard where they think that every raider should have an opportunity to clear mythic. If that is the case, why do we even have multiple difficulties?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    They could/should have released BRF in March and not the February when they did - Tier sets regardless. And HFC could have been delayed another 6 weeks/2 months really.
    ye releasing BRF 1 month later, HFC 1 month later and Legion 2 months earlier would have solved alot of the long content drought.

Deleted
    Our raid finished up highmaul like 2 weeks before BRF came out. So it is quite safe to say it came out too early.

Funny thing - they did the exact same thing with Mogushan and Heart. Really weird they would do the same mistake again.

But obviously the biggest problem was the 3000 years of HFC, not really the gap between HM and BRF.

Now horse I know your dead but meet bat. I know you met before. Horse you that BRF's ilvl made HM worthless to go to anymore but bat would like to beat you till you realize that not only is that true but also that people were still having fun trying to get through more of the content and the smallest tier of mythic raiders had it completed but could have still been happy with a few weeks of farm maybe a break to prevent burn out etc.

FFS why is everyone so pissy if a raid doesn't have a tier pieces? like the game is still fun without a few broken pieces and HM iirc had some pretty sweet trinks at the end off imp. Like No tier gear means it wasn't a raid and it's not worth doing till we get the shiny pieces that help ego out the numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Now horse I know your dead but meet bat. I know you met before. Horse you that BRF's ilvl made HM worthless to go to anymore but bat would like to beat you till you realize that not only is that true but also that people were still having fun trying to get through more of the content and the smallest tier of mythic raiders had it completed but could have still been happy with a few weeks of farm maybe a break to prevent burn out etc.

FFS why is everyone so pissy if a raid doesn't have a tier pieces? like the game is still fun without a few broken pieces and HM iirc had some pretty sweet trinks at the end off imp. Like No tier gear means it wasn't a raid and it's not worth doing till we get the shiny pieces that help ego out the numbers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Way too soon dude... way too soon......

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Too quickly for who, actually? For mythic raiders? Surely it wasn't. For heroic raiders? Same stuff.
    The guild I was in was the #1 2 day raiding guild in the world, we were still working on imperator.

Deleted
    Both raids at release should have the same ilvl, and be released at the same time.

Half tiers suck.