Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Considering your avatar and sig are of the most loss-inducing character in the game, I'll forgive your erroneous assertion as the result of some early life brain trauma.
    I am acutely aware of how brutal he is if you get anywhere near him, both from being on the wrong end a couple of times, and from playing him; a lot of people massively underestimate just how hard that hammer hits.

Even so, I love right click heros because when I do play WM, he makes life easier for covering advances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Reinhardt(s) who just rightclick are doing it terribly wrong.

(Not my play or video, just found it fitting.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post

(Not my play or video, just found it fitting.)

Did something similar in Gibraltar.
    It was so funny seeing them all panic as i run at them swinging my hammer.
    The best part was the last man standing Reaper. I could see the sweat on his face as he tried to run left, then right, then turned and tried this direction just to get hit by the ult. XD
    Hillarious!

I so wish Blizz would hurry and make POTG's savable.

But the moral of the story:
    If a fricking TANK rolls in your direction you better dont stand in his way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    The best thing, is charging a De'va Mech back into her when she Ults, and shielding yourself to not only survive the explosion and kill the De'va but to also save your entire team from her alt.

Every time I pull that off I feel nothing but pride.
    Ed: Didn't read the shield part, sorry

In regards to charging, since i play D.Va and Reinhardt, I reflexively charge too if the opposite reinhard does it. Sadly it's not really working as D.Va *cough*. It may save a squishy since I will most likely get pinned, so it may still be worth it.
    Interesting to note is also that his swing is bigger than it looks, it's "static" so if you turn in a circle you hit everyone around you and the moment the hammer goes through the crosshair dmg is applied. So you can do something else like firestrike, shield or charge, half-way through.
    Also pretty much ALL his skins are great, don't have another Hero where I wouldn't mind getting everything.
    I still need to do his "cute" achievement, q>e>pin though. At least it's not as bad as D.Va's, killing 4 people with Ulti, when 2 is already a massive success.

Kinda offtopic, but how the fuck do you get 3 kills as lucio while wallriding?! It's like the hardest characterachievement there is! WTF?!
    Last edited by mmocdfca36c20d; 2016-06-10 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskaron View Post
    At least it's not as bad as D.Va's, killing 4 people with Ulti, when 2 is already a massive success.

Kinda offtopic, but how the fuck do you get 3 kills as lucio while wallriding?! It's like the hardest characterachievement there is! WTF?!
    D.Va's cute spray requires some math and luck. Calculate a trajectory so it is landing directly on top of their heads when it explodes and they don't see it coming so they don't get out of the way. Shooting it over a wall is a good way to do it.

Lucio's I don't have yet but I imagine it'd probably best be done knocking three people off a cliff while wall riding. The kicker here is you can't die either.

I can't imagine I'll ever get Reinhardt's. I don't like playing him and I'm really bad at it. I see lots of good ones taking out 4-5 players at once and I play him in brawl and pretty much die immediately the first time my shield breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I can't imagine I'll ever get Reinhardt's. I don't like playing him and I'm really bad at it. I see lots of good ones taking out 4-5 players at once and I play him in brawl and pretty much die immediately the first time my shield breaks.
    So i thought too, then two games later i just hit my lucky game and got it off flawless.
    It's not that hard, definitely easier then D.Vas, no "Walljump" required. ;P

Glad to see so much ReinDad support, been playing more of him myself the past few days, definitely getting better. Took myself to some medium AI games to practice Fire Strike accuracy, made a big difference. It's a great way to finish off people who are trying to run away from you.

I'll reiterate my initial point about positioning yourself as Reinhardt when shielding, too. If you're shielding a static hero like Bastion, put yourself on his right side. That way you aren't blocking his entire field of view with your glorious hammer/axe. They'll subconsciously thank you for it!

Had a hilarious game yesterday on Route 66 where an enemy Mei was repeatedly trying to enter my shield and freeze me. Every single time, as soon as he came within my Charge event horizon (point at which they cannot escape or avoid it), I'd turn toward the nearest wall, position her between it and me, and make some great Rock and Hard Place proverbs come to life. After the third time doing it to the poor guy he never came near me again!

Side note. Can we all agree unanimously that Lionhardt and Stonehardt are the most manly and worthy skins Reinhardt can wear? Honourable mention to Bundeswehr, too. Helmets are for sissies.

Had a game yesterday allready going but they had no Reinhardt, so i took him.
    It was Anubis point B, i defend, the other teammates where a bit over the place but not that bad.
    Buuuuut they let a Bastion take place right at the main entrance and nobody care to shoot him.
    Good, not really a problem to evade him but with a push of its teammates it could get hot.
    Well, our Lucio ultet for whatever (wasnt for me) but i CHAAAAAARGE that Bastion to the next wall.
    He never learned though and got 2 more Reinhardt sandwiches.
    Well, ok at this point he did learn and startet a flank on rightside....i was so hyped i jumped down as i saw him enter the door, ultet and gave him another sandwich. XD

It is so much fun beating enemies with Reinhardt.
    His accent in german is hillarious though we miss out on THE HOFF, its Dubstep in germany.

Wait, German Overwatch's Reinhardt likes dubstep instead? What a bizarre regional change.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    Wait, German Overwatch's Reinhardt likes dubstep instead? What a bizarre regional change.
    I'm "old" so i grew up with Knight Rider, Baywatch and even a few of his songs, but i guess to anyone younger than 20 or so they wouldnt get it.

One of his lines in german is:

"Ich kann mit dem neumodischen Kram nichts anfangen, mir gefällt halt das gute alte Dubstep."

roughly translates to

"I cant get used to this new stuff, i like the good old dubstep."

But he talks in his regional accent in german. It sounds great!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    I'm "old" so i grew up with Knight Rider, Baywatch and even a few of his songs, but i guess to anyone younger than 20 or so they wouldnt get it.

One of his lines in german is:

"Ich kann mit dem neumodischen Kram nichts anfangen, mir gefällt halt das gute alte Dubstep."

roughly translates to

"I cant get used to this new stuff, i like the good old dubstep."

But he talks in his regional accent in german. It sounds great!
    Wait, they managed to get an actual German to record Reinhardts lines but had to fake numerous of the other ones?

For example I seriously doubt Torbjörn was recorded by a Swede, even though it should have been immensely easy to find one with a good voice to do the recording.

Wait, they managed to get an actual German to record Reinhardts lines but had to fake numerous of the other ones?

For example I seriously doubt Torbjörn was recorded by a Swede, even though it should have been immensely easy to find one with a good voice to do the recording.
    Only for the German version. It makes perfect sense that the German translated game will have people who are German, voice acting it, no?

Pretty sure the American characters in the US version of Overwatch are voiced by Americans. Just saying. It's a moot point.

i play mostly only reinhardt, (+30 hours), and i really appreciate this thread! makes me feel good!
    thank you for this thread!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    Only for the German version. It makes perfect sense that the German translated game will have people who are German, voice acting it, no?

Pretty sure the American characters in the US version of Overwatch are voiced by Americans. Just saying. It's a moot point.
    Ah, had no idea there was a German version of the game.

Still, would have been nice if they actually used voice actors from the areas they are supposed to be from. =/

15+ Year Old Account

Still, would have been nice if they actually used voice actors from the areas they are supposed to be from. =/
    A number of the voice actors are from the area the character they voice is.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4332152/...=tt_cl_sm#cast

Saw the very first quickmatch teamkill today playing Reinhardt. A Symmetra set up their teleport in a really obvious spot. Our team decided not to kill it, and instead camped directly outside it and waited for them all to come through. Lo and behold, it actually worked. I stood directly outside the tele spawn and swung wildly, every single one of them walked into the hail of fire and hammer swings. Giggled like a madman the whole time.

I actually laughed at the one of shielding to the left. One time I was shielding a bastion. He didn't fire at all. I was like wtf. Later he said in teamchat that "he couldn't see shit" I learned to not stand dead straight in front of him since that time
    I also appreciate this thread. a lot.

10+ Year Old Account

this is what im doing when you're not looking tho

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Reinhardt is one of the best designed characters in the game, if you ask me. He's an excellent tank character. He looks the part, plays the part, and acts the part.
    This is exactly what I thought after my first day playing the game. When the game and roster were first announced, I didn't pay him much heed; he doesn't look like the kind of character I would play. But after just a few games alongside and against Reinhardts, I greatly appreciated that he does exactly what he looks like he'd do and his strengths and weaknesses are instantly recognizable. When you have a giant suit of armour swinging an equally giant mace or holding an even larger shield, you want to be behind him if he's on your side, and nowhere near him if he's on the enemy side.

He makes League of Legends' Mordekaiser look like an example of what not to do. (Mordekaiser in LoL is also a metal suit of armour with a giant mace, but he's not a tank and doesn't primarily do melee/physical damage.)

Reinhardt also has the best voice. He sounds like he talks with Caps Lock on but can actually make it cool.

He's not my best or mostplayed character myself, but yeah, I love Reinhardt's design. And yesterday a Reinhardt's Earthshatter allowed me to clean up and we won the game, so I applauded him for that. Go Reinhardt!

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    snip vid

this is what im doing when you're not looking tho
    The Reinhardt ult combo has to be one of the most fun things in Overwatch.

Knock em all down, line up a Firestrike to pass through every person, then charge and send them all flying like bowling pins.

Oh, question for you fellow Crusaders. Who is the most satisfying hero to pin with a charge? For me it's Lucio. Try outhealing that, roller bard.