Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cloud9 pulls back HotS team.

Another organisation ends with Heroes of the Storm team. This time it is the Americas stars, Cloud 9.

http://cloud9.gg/news/hots-eoae

#daedgame?

I am a menace to my own destiny.

To be honest, they haven't exactly shown stellar play recently. The game is far from being dead, it's just going through an adjustment phase.

The few times i watched Heroes tournaments, it was always a match between Cloud9 and Tempo Storm so i'm kinda surprised to see it go, but i think that Heroes isn't drawing enough viewers to justify sponsorships and salary and the gaming house pulled the plug; nothing unusual.
    Game isn't going anywhere, but the forced mainstream Esport scene will probably become a lot smaller and niche, like it should be: not every videogame is meant to be a broadcasted show.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

You're yelling deadgame and season 1 hasn't even started yet. When there is actually a reason to play the game with the new season coming up i expect this game to explode!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    You're yelling deadgame and season 1 hasn't even started yet. When there is actually a reason to play the game with the new season coming up i expect this game to explode!
    There is a reason to play this game right now, providing that you aren't already rank 1 in both TL and HL. Pre-season has had leaderboards, and will have rewards and shit. If you aren't playing for fun, leaderboards, or rewards, you won't be playing in season 1 either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    There is a reason to play this game right now, providing that you aren't already rank 1 in both TL and HL. Pre-season has had leaderboards, and will have rewards and shit. If you aren't playing for fun, leaderboards, or rewards, you won't be playing in season 1 either.
    Sorry should have been more specific. Yes im talking about the people that have already achieved rank 1 and the pre-season leaderboards are a joke since you can't track where you are and have no idea how good/bad or what position you are on in the leaderboards until they come out.
    Season 1 will let you track your progress in realtime and there won't be numerous people sitting at rank 1 with no incentive to play.

Deleted
    Seems it was the players decision to disband and the organizations to not reform:

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...an_era/d433zbj

Twitch numbers apart from Grubby look anemic and even he got more people when he's streaming WC3 as apposed to HotS. Shame, I like the game, both as a player and as a spectator.

When there is actually a reason to play the game with the new season coming up
    I miss the times when having fun was enough of a reason to play a video game

I find it strange that they say nothing about the reasons that lead them to disband.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Twitch numbers apart from Grubby look anemic and even he got more people when he's streaming WC3 as apposed to HotS. Shame, I like the game, both as a player and as a spectator.
    Twitch numbers aren't much to go by though, Overwatch is stealing the show currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Twitch numbers aren't much to go by though, Overwatch is stealing the show currently.
    And to add to that, numbers will definitely wain over time.

Deleted
    Conceded, both. Still, when a caster like Solidjake cites lack of viewership and sponsors as reason for focusing on Overwatch and several chinese teams as reason for disbanding, it makes sense to mention it surrounding the end of one of the premiere western teams.

I don't think the game - as a game for casual players - is in any danger, but without viewer numbers picking up within the first few seasons, the future of the e-sports aspect might look bleak. But given the overall reasonably good state of balance and the recent or impending gameplay changes any #dedgaem announcements are premature.
    Last edited by mmocabce60bc47; 2016-06-10 at 08:35 PM.

Yeah, if the current numbers persist when we reach Blizzcon it might be cause for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I find it strange that they say nothing about the reasons that lead them to disband.
    Fan left. /endthread

People don't want to play an unbalanced game with a shit pricing structure.

This and Overwatch is why HotS is failing.

They should have went the dota route in terms of hero availability and also actually balanced the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    The few times i watched Heroes tournaments, it was always a match between Cloud9 and Tempo Storm so i'm kinda surprised to see it go, but i think that Heroes isn't drawing enough viewers to justify sponsorships and salary and the gaming house pulled the plug; nothing unusual.
    Game isn't going anywhere, but the forced mainstream Esport scene will probably become a lot smaller and niche, like it should be: not every videogame is meant to be a broadcasted show.
    If you're not number 1 or 2 in your region/world in HotS, this game is pretty much not profitable from an eSports perspective.

It's pretty bad that the game needs to take 1 year + beta time to explode. This rank system should've been in from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Seems it was the players decision to disband and the organizations to not reform:

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...an_era/d433zbj

Well, he streams WC3 only in the weekends and doesn't stream HotS during the weekend. That might also affect his viewer count.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    I miss the times when having fun was enough of a reason to play a video game
    For most people it's not really fun to have zero progression in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    People don't want to play an unbalanced game with a shit pricing structure.

This and Overwatch is why HotS is failing.

They should have went the dota route in terms of hero availability and also actually balanced the game.
    Lol, you're dumb if you think the pricing structure is holding this game back. Especially since this is a thread about eSports, where nobody will give a fuck about pricing structure since they'll only focus on certain roles anyway so don't need all the heroes and probably play so much that they have them all anyway.

Let's make something clear. Difference between say LoL, CSGO, etc and Blizzard is that those companies use some of their earnings for the prize pools which is why it always way higher than blizz's and they have multiple a year. That's why the esports scene will never grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguiris View Post
    Let's make something clear. Difference between say LoL, CSGO, etc and Blizzard is that those companies use some of their earnings for the prize pools which is why it always way higher than blizz's and they have multiple a year. That's why the esports scene will never grow.
    Blizzard is pumping money into HotS eSports. They're obviously not going to match LoL prize pools though because the game is much smaller and gains far less viewers.

Not really a surprise to me. Hots doesn't seem like a very popular game so sustaining a hots team is probably not profitable for them.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh but Twitch is something to go by. Like it or not Twitch has the ability to make or break games. It already has done so with countless other games and sent some into the stratosphere cause of its hype. Ignoring twitch probably isn't a good idea. The fact sponsors pay attention to twitch tells you it matters $$$

I love Hots I'm sad it never took off the way I hoped. But I can see why. It has no "big" names and the tournaments have been a joke. Its like watching something made in a High School AV class. The shout casters are trying I don't fault them but they def aren't being supported fully. Heck hour long delays, equipment issues the list goes on not even including the 2 500lbs gorillas in the room dota/lol.
    I have often regretted having spoken, but never for having not. -De Commynes