Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Demon hunters not in Prepatch

So it's basicly confirmed now, that Demon hunters wont be in the pre-patch, first "A couple of weeks later".
    This has me wondering, why they would make HFC loottable specificly for demon hunters.

Lets say Prepatch comes the 19. July as there has been rumors about.
    Then 2 weeks later is 2. august. ( Reading 'a couple of weeks' as 2 )

That gives 4 weeks of demon hunters, before expansion launch.

This still makes sense, with the loottable then, but if the prepatch is any later than the mentioned date, this will start loosing its sense real fast.

So i guess i - personally can conclude by guessing, that prepatch will be on or before 19. july, just kinda wierd they haven't set the date yet, so close to the launch, anyone else has different views on this?

Also - I'm pretty dissapointed that demon hunters wont be in the start of prepatch, tho the events starts when demon hunters comes aswell, so atleast we got full time for that.

Blue post or didn't happen.

if you have pre-ordered you can play your DH one week before anyone else.
    also why should dh be in the pre-patch?
    were dks in the pre-patch? were monks in the pre-patch?

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    were dks in the pre-patch? were monks in the pre-patch?
    Did we play dks before launch? Did we play monks before launch?

From the Front page interviews:
    Tom Chilton and Chris Robinson
    JudgeHype had the opportunity to talk to Tom Chilton and Chris Robinson.

The pre-expansion patch will contain things like class changes and the new transmog system. A couple of weeks after it is released, the Demon Hunters, Broken Shore event, and demon invasions will be unlocked. The demon invasions will get more intense as time goes on.

And from the sounds of this, the pre-expansion patch might be a whole lot sooner than we expect...

the "demon invasions will get more intense as time goes on" part sure sounds like they are expecting that to be more than just 4 weeks.

The pre-order of Legion says "Play Demon Hunter 1 week before Launch" was anyone expecting DH in the pre-patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Narbootz View Post
    Did we play dks before launch? Did we play monks before launch?
    as far as I remember: no. we did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenderxx View Post
    The pre-order of Legion says "Play Demon Hunter 1 week before Launch" was anyone expecting DH in the pre-patch?
    It says at least, and they've added DH drops to HFC and such. That would be irrelevant if it was only 1 week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Sperrow View Post
    Blue post or didn't happen.
    You really should read the Q&A on the front page.

Ontopic: They said it would be released a couple weeks after the pre-patch. So good chance we will still get a month to play with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    as far as I remember: no. we did not.
    Right we didn't get Monks or DK's until the expansion launched.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

one of the weapon rewards from the pre-patch invasion is a pair of warglaives why would they give you a weapon that can't be equipped?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    And from the sounds of this, the pre-expansion patch might be a whole lot sooner than we expect...
    I wish you were right (maybe it'll turn out you are), but given the shitload of bugs in beta right now I doubt it. There are ui bugs, items that are shown as other items, spec issues...
    I'm no expert, just a random player, but I've done all betas between BC and WoD and from what I see on the forums / discords right now, I think it's safe to assume that the leaked date (19th July as said above) is pretty realistic. Which unfortunately means DH around mid-august.

This is entirely incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by From Legion Pre-Order page
    Pre-purchasing Legion grants early access to the new Demon Hunter class prior to the expansion’s release.
    No statement as to how long...they could technically give it to you on August 29th and still be telling the truth.

I don't think they will...but they could.

I remember a statement of "at least one week early" at some point, so they don't have to release them until then. They probably won't though. They might RP it actually, if they're going to make the invasions more intense as they go on, they might be all "we have no choice, we must release the demon hunters to counter this threat now."

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I remember a statement of "at least one week early" at some point, so they don't have to release them until then. They probably won't though. They might RP it actually, if they're going to make the invasions more intense as they go on, they might be all "we have no choice, we must release the demon hunters to counter this threat now."
    When legion was first announced it said up to a week before launch. But that was changed later. And now they have said we will be able to play Demon Hunters for the Broken shore event. So I am guessing when the event is launched DH will be launched. From the interview it sounds like it won't be right at prepatch but it will be soon after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I heard, they said DH would be coming about a week before release. Not necessarily the same date as pre-patch, but the data for the class will be implemented in pre-patch then unlocked later.

So yes, it will be in the pre-patch. Just not unlocked for players at the same exact time.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Even if it's only 4 weeks, that's still plenty of time to get some decent gear to help leveling. Anyone that has been on the Beta as DH can tell you that the extra dps and survivability at lower levels will be a huge help.

Did anyone honestly expect them to playable on the day of the pre-patch?

15+ Year Old Account
    Except they are since they'll be out before legion in the prepatch. Retarded thread.

No, it says "at least 1 week", not 1 week. Rather significant difference. And even if it did say 1 week, that'd still be in the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazoon View Post
    So it's basicly confirmed now, that Demon hunters wont be in the pre-patch, first "A couple of weeks later".
    This has me wondering, why they would make HFC loottable specificly for demon hunters.

Lets say Prepatch comes the 19. July as there has been rumors about.
    Then 2 weeks later is 2. august. ( Reading 'a couple of weeks' as 2 )

That gives 4 weeks of demon hunters, before expansion launch.

This still makes sense, with the loottable then, but if the prepatch is any later than the mentioned date, this will start loosing its sense real fast.

So i guess i - personally can conclude by guessing, that prepatch will be on or before 19. july, just kinda wierd they haven't set the date yet, so close to the launch, anyone else has different views on this?

Also - I'm pretty dissapointed that demon hunters wont be in the start of prepatch, tho the events starts when demon hunters comes aswell, so atleast we got full time for that.
    I was under the assumption we (who have pre-ordered), Are given a Week to bridge the gap from 98-100. So we can get a feel for the character (if we don't get beta) BEFORE actual Legion launch. To avoid having to go from 1-85 (Monk), or 55-70(DK), before we ever get to start the NEW content. I didn't realize that we where offered anything Demon hunter Related before then?

I mean sure, the loot table is odd, but, Does it really mean "We're giving you DH soon, because we made the end game raid lootable for them?"