Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I can't disclose everything about my role, but I can answer why I was up and about night 2 and illuminated.

First of all, for those of you who missed it (and you probably did, it was hidden in my mega posts), I have claimed Rogue. I am a different flavor than Dupti or Kurenai. I had thought that there couldn't be 3 town rogues and I don't have a kill ability, which is why I am really surprised that Kurenai flipped as he did. So apparently 3 town rogues. Anyway, I am a melee character, and my ability involves me needing to be in melee range, which means I have to go visit people. So I need to run around, and I used my ability on N2 to visit Monkz (cannot disclose what I did except for I did not kill him).

Now, why was I announced on the thread? Well, everytime I use an ability, I have to include a caution level, which details how cautious I am doing it. There is a roll involved which will determine whether I am seen by abilities or not. I did not make my caution roll N2, so when someone used a detect ability (the illuminating light) I was shown.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm only going to be available sporadically today, I will post what I can when I can, but no big posts from me today.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    We already know what Virothe was doing, he has admitted it several times.
    Ya pretty much, I mean I can only say "Tempest Cleric; Protected Xanj" in so many ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have I been lynched yet? No? Huh. I really should have been by now, given my inactivity.

Anyway, I guess I'll toss out my claim. I'm apparently the same thing as Listo, minus the draconic part and an added wild (Robozerim, the wild mage). I can polymorph, counterspell (role block magic users) and blind/deafen (block physical). I have three charges. My extra little bit for my role that's related to the "wild" part is essentially that a random spell gets cast on a random player every time that I cast a spell. I, like Listo, have the same four modifiers to my spells. First is that I can make myself go unseen, second I can bypass protects and third I can bypass redirects and role blocks.

I've used up all three of my spell charges already. First I polymorphed Catta because I thought it would be funny if it turned out he could only talk like a sheep (he did point out that he tended to be one of the more active posters during his hissy fit D1, the fit being another reason I chose him) and I was not disappointed. I actually cancelled the polymorph a little early on him, but it didn't make a difference as it was only a couple hours or so at most and he didn't show up until much later. Second I did the same with Dendrek, because he was going whole hog with the RP stuff, so I thought he'd be another funny one to polymorph. That's where I was on N2 when everybody was seen doing stuff. Thirdly, I spell blocked Graeham based on remembering him claiming to be magic based and Uggor's fears that he was a lich or something.

The random spells were as follows: first I ended up protecting myself with a Blade Ward, second random was a Blind/Deafen on Celtic209, and the third was a Dispel Magic that hit Monkz.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I could also have "twinned" my spell, allowing me to burn through two charges in one night by casting two spells.

I'm going to be gone for a while today. I'll place a vote when I get back.

- - - Updated - - -

Before I go, am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious that Robo had the ability to sheep people? =/

Vote Kryllian

Was seen that night, hasn't offered any explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    I'm going to be gone for a while today. I'll place a vote when I get back.

- - - Updated - - -

Before I go, am I the only one who thinks it's hilarious that Robo had the ability to sheep people? =/
    Nope :P ..

I believe the claim class/abilities -- i have to question the alignment. If you're the counterpart to listo that's a pattern i'm still exploring. It sounds like you possibly sheeped people looking town at the time. I have to question if that's all you did why you wouldn't have revealed earlier (like during the "not into this game" post) to at least give town more info (if you were aligned). I'd still be surprised if scum robo played the mega lurker card and he's still highly likely non-red but dont think much else of my opinion has changed.

With allowyns posts, what do people think of val? Lets say allowyn is town pally who trusts val only because he claimed "similar" pally. Val vouched for arialla (who would either be town or non-red most likely) which help along the large lynch. The previous day vote could either be a bus or just jumping on ari scapegoat with the seen dupti kill line. Some have implied he's already lied multiple times, and he could be being quiet either because its true he has to watch his words, or using as an excuse to post low content (generally only defending himself). Also if i think about it mechanically, would his claim mean if he was about to be lynched he could just lie before the hammer then automatically be not lynched with the "survivor" iron collar equivalent? A claim that you cant lynch someone is usually questioned as much as a PGO/bomb. His vote record was none/none/BF/Ari/Large/Kuri->Graeham->Robo/Robo.
    Counter point, what do other people think of allowyn's responses/analysis? I hoped to get more discussion on that. Or any discussion... today over half over...

Day Seven - Post #1166
    • 3 - Robozerim: Valyrian (#1127), Razamith (#1152), Senna (#1157)
    • 2 - Anakso: Crackleslap (#1144), Catta (#1148)
    • 1 - Catta: Anakso (#1143)
    • 1 - Kryllian: Arialla (#1165)

With 13 players alive, 7 votes are required for a majority.
    With 7 votes cast, 4 votes are required for a deadline majority.

18 hours left and the most votes a train has is 3... out of 13 players, and five other votes spread out across three trains.

Obviously scum feel comfortable blatantly deflecting away, knowing town is too asleep to actually push a concentrated effort on a single individual.

Meh

Vote: Anakso

I kinda buy Robo's claim so /shrug

For obvious reasons, I believe Robo's claim. That doesn't mean he's not scum. He may still need to be policy lynched regardless, but I'd prefer to put pressure elsewhere right now.

I'm ok with going for Krillian, Anakso, Catta, Allowyn and Valyrian. I think there's at least 2 scum between them (with the caveat that if Allowyn is scum, Valyrian is not likely to be, and vice versa -- it is possible we have two scum paladins, but it just doesn't seem likely -- they could also both be town but they're both giving me scum vibes so I don't think that's the case either).

For now...

Vote Anakso

I'll try to post something more substantial in the morning but I'm exhausted right now. As a general note: during weekends I can't be around much. Don't expect as much activity from me. Although looking at today, I'm really fricken amazed that there's only been 5 posts since I left this morning and one of those is from the moderator. =/ I don't have high hopes for what the end game is going to look like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I'll claim. Though not sure how much good this'll do me now Kurenais died and was town, was skeptical of his role because I didn't think there would be two town roles with kills though I guess mine are just as limiting as his. I'm a monk of the shadows, my abilities involve ki which I won't reveal how I get because that's something that assuming I'm not lynched could come in handy to reveal later, but suffice to say the amount of ki I can get is quite limited and would be even more limiting if not for some luck. I started with 0 Ki and there is a cap on how much I can have before I have to spend it or lose it.

Abilities are
    2ki - Shadowstep behind someone (hide behind someone)
    3ki - Shadowstrike someone, 40% chance to kill (Stackable)
    6ki - Cloak of shadows to become untargetable
    0ki - Channel Ki(2shot). Gain 2ki overnight, takes all my focus so I can't double this up with other abilities, both used now though.

I killed Dranx N2 and Celtic last night, thought they were both suspicious, also tried to kill Crackle N4 but it failed, I can sort of prove it if there are any other town roles with a kill which I assume might work in this same way, in that I got their stuff. I got a rock from Dranx that gave me 2 new abilities. One of which I have used which is to examine the rock to attempt to gather a greater understanding of the universe, unfortunately my time spent doing this just revealed it is in fact nothing more than a rock. The other ability which I'll use on someone tonight if I'm alive is just to throw the rock at someone, meaning I assume you'll either get a message saying you've been hit by a rock or you'll also have fun with a rock.

From Celtic I got a puzzle box which gave me two one shot abilities, I can attempt to unravel its secrets and unlock it or force it open potentially damaging whatever is inside. My money is on another rock.

Anyway as for Robos claim I'm also mostly believing him at this point which is unfortunate given his lack of willingness to play or participate. I guess I could kill him or try next time I'm able if people want.

So let's lynch an actual scum, like Catta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    So let's lynch an actual scum, like Catta.
    What makes you so sure Catta is scum. I'm all for it, but I nee to be convinced someone is scum first. Like I was all for lynching Robo due to his afk'ness but his claim is honestly pretty believable.

Also, Virothe, I totally missed your posts somehow? I'm really sorry. You're off my sus list.

(And I know Raza, I wanted some indepth shit to jam about too.)

Im feeling a bit useless today, I've tried re-reading vote counts and some posts but there is nothing overly solid that has had me convinced as previous days.

I'd be most likely to vote on Allowyn, Dendrek or Kryllian right now I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I'd be most likely to vote on Allowyn, Dendrek or Kryllian right now I believe.
    How'd you feel about Valyrian?

How did you build up enough ki to attempt 3 kills on N2/N4/N6 (being a 3ki abilitiy and channel for 2)? So as a town with survival skills you went all out on "vig killing"? It would also mean that we're missing another "scum" kill N2 and N6 [to make both N6], unless we consider 1 scum faction and N3/N4 are yet more mechanic kills by them. I'm scared to imagine a single large mafia with a litany of abilities to choose from and multiple kills.
    So where i stand is i put moderate chance of scum on you. That still doesn't mean i get warm fuzzies to the starter people (especially if 2 scum faction theory holds) {well, maybe it would help crackle's image}, but i'm willing to support this lynch currently. I'm not 100% settled though and need to re-read some context of you closer, but currently would end day on you.
    unvote

-----------

Below is post i wrote up last night but wanted to see more people's opinions first before i may influence them.

Taking the kryllian approach of questioning everyone's alignment, here's where i sit on people.

Questionably scum, likely red: Allowyn*, Catta, Kryllian Less probable: Dendrek
    Questionably scum, likely non-red: Anakso, Crackle, Robo, Valy* Less probable: Arialla, Senna, Virothe, Xanjori
    *I put a soft opposing link between allowyn and valy with one likely town
    YMMV, and classify me as you see fit.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would assume that Celtic would not send out the gibbering orblet to people in his qt, so at the very least the following people are not on his team: Dendrek, Razamith, Senna, and Xanjori. The other two people he sent it to has already flipped town. Now, if there is only one scum team, then those 4 are either 3rd party or town, and given the list I'm feeling like these people are town (and I know I'm town obvs.). Not voting here.

Virothe has been a staunch supporter of Xanjori throughout, if I don't find Xanjori suspicious then not going to vote here.

Robo claim does not make me want to vote him currently, and it's not like I've been useful in the last 24 hours either.

That leaves 7 others, and I am assuming that there are 5-6 scum left, which means that if my town reads on the people above are correct we have a good chance of hitting something scummy.

Unvote

There's a lot of wifoming going on in my head concerning Anakso's claim, and I'm wondering if it's the case for mafia to have their own kill abilities and they have to plan on who can perform what kill each night.

Vote: Kryllian

Is what I'm going to do now, but I'm still chewing over a lot of things.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allowyn View Post
    What makes you so sure Catta is scum. I'm all for it, but I nee to be convinced someone is scum first. Like I was all for lynching Robo due to his afk'ness but his claim is honestly pretty believable.

Also, Virothe, I totally missed your posts somehow? I'm really sorry. You're off my sus list.

(And I know Raza, I wanted some indepth shit to jam about too.)
    I'm not sure by any means but I've yet to see a better reason for anyone else and have been suspicious of him for a while, though I often am suspicious of Catta kind of regardless. It just fits to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    I would assume that Celtic would not send out the gibbering orblet to people in his qt, so at the very least the following people are not on his team: Dendrek, Razamith, Senna, and Xanjori..
    While this is similar to something i've said a few times previous days, my opinion/logic says i cannot assume Dendrek and Xanjori are also non-red, due to the fact i publicly brought up the theory D5 when i was visited by orb that it was equally or more likely to be scum controlled and the 4 people visited were all town, so celtic could have sent to a teammate afterward to "give cred" especially by sending the same message that was already publicly known. This is just for this specific reason/event.

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    How'd you feel about Valyrian?
    That he needs a haircut.

Otherwise i don't know, he is one of those players that is on the peripherals really. His claim and shit was odd, at the same time as I mentioned to Dendrek he was trying to spare Arialla at least, and very early in the day. So right now he is getting a bit of a pass I spose. Also, Imma just go with

Vote: Kryllian

Actually i feel confident enough to put it at 5 currently. I felt conflicted on kuri lynch (see my #1107 or specifically bottom half of #1088) but feel better about this one.
    vote: anakso