Thread: WTB Mouse

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Razer Naga mechanical version. There's no misclicking, the buttons are very distinctive.

The old version was prone to double-clicking after a while, not so sure this newer one is (had it over 2 years now, extreme daily usage), and honestly even if it did, I'd just buy another. Every other brand has their issues as well, the reason it's so well-known is because SO many people use the Naga. You'll obviously see more comments on something more people use. There's nothing competing with it in terms of number of buttons and comfort (tried the G600 or whichever the Logitech one is, but it's just awkward to hold compared with the ring-finger click).
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-06-10 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Razer Naga mechanical version. There's no misclicking, the buttons are very distinctive.
    What do you mean by mechanical version? AFAIK all Nagas are mechanical, be it the Naga Chroma, Naga Epic Chroma or Naga Hex. Considering you say buttons are distinctive, I assume you’re talking about the Naga Hex?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    I recently bought a logitech g502 proteus core spectrum, and I'm not a big fan, that "snipe" button is so badly placed I keep pushing it by accident, annoys the crap out of me, I so miss my 500s, mouse buttons were placed waaaay better for me.
    Do you have large hands or something? I can't imagine accidentally hitting that button on mine. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ennvina View Post
    What do you mean by mechanical version? AFAIK all Nagas are mechanical, be it the Naga Chroma, Naga Epic Chroma or Naga Hex. Considering you say buttons are distinctive, I assume you’re talking about the Naga Hex?
    There original Razer Naga didn't have mechanical buttons, see: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1000_.jpg

When you compare that to the "new" Mechanical version: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1351_.jpg

You can see the easily defined buttons, they are angled differently so you can actually feel which is which. It's also got a different design elsewhere, the vents on the front actually work (I doubted it when I bought it), even with all the lights on my Naga doesn't make my palms sweat like the old one used to.

Easy to get used to, and they all work in WoW. Including the mousewheel rocking left and right.

I didn’t notice the vents, it’s an interesting design. I’m a bit afraid about the button layout. The buttons are so small I feel like I will always click two of them at the same time (or more). And the grid seems too regular for blind-finding, though they seem to have improved it a lot since last model. Do you happen to missclick? Did you get used to it instantly or did you need a bit of practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Ennvina View Post
    I didn’t notice the vents, it’s an interesting design. I’m a bit afraid about the button layout. The buttons are so small I feel like I will always click two of them at the same time (or more). And the grid seems too regular for blind-finding, though they seem to have improved it a lot since last model. Do you happen to missclick? Did you get used to it instantly or did you need a bit of practice?
    The old version took a while but this new one took mere minutes, if that. Once you have the hang of it you won't missclick or fat-thumb buttons, I generally use the tip of my thumb for the top 6 and the underside of my thumbs joint/knuckle (the bendy bit) for the last 6. Hopefully that makes sense, and will help ease the fat-thumbing fears if such an imprecise area can click them

I’ve played with the G502 Proteus Core for about a week now.

Pros:
    - good looking
    - good form factor
    - cursor sensitivity is well calibrated by default
    - infinite wheel is handy (not much in WoW though)
    - the gaming software is okay (note: I hate them usually)

Cons:
    - oddly placed buttons (see below)
    - my hand doesn’t fall perfectly on the mouse
    - a bit heavy even without adding weights

The major flaw of this design (at least for my hand, YMMV) is that I have trouble reaching ALL of the new buttons (i.e. buttons after the 5th one):
    - G7 and G8 are terribly placed, I need to twist my forefinger to reach them, honestly they need so much effort from me I’d rather hit a keystroke,
    - G9 is too far behind, this button would have been so great if it was swapped with the wheel switch, it’s really sad,
    - the sniper button could be okay I guess but I sometimes click it by mistake,
    - the scroll left and scroll right feel great but they are error-prone with the middle button.

Overall I can use efficiently 6 to 8 buttons (5 basic ones + sniper + maybe scroll left and scroll right) which is a bit disappointing for an 11-button mouse. As an example, I could use efficiently 12 out of the 14 buttons of the Cataclysm MMO mouse.

I am not giving up yet. Maybe I’ll find a way to twist my fingers without pain or to move the mouse without clicking the sniper accidentally and so forth. I feel like there’s a long road, though x)