Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    What? lol! If you have a law against something, then you need to enforce it. Gheeze. We as citizens do not get to pick and choose which ones we will obey without the risk of getting caught not obeying one. Laws are there for a purpose. And if it is wrong, there is a right way to change it. :P
    people ignore laws everyday. People speed, use recreational drugs, text while driving. And cops can choose when to enforce said laws. I've been pulled over and given a verbal warning to slow down. Or I've past a cop while speeding and not been pulled over.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    What was dishonest on her application? She was valedictorian so she had amazing grades why would Yale give a shit about anything else? Pretty sure college applications don't ask if you are an American citizen. Pretty sure you don't have to be one to get a full ride to a private college either last time I checked.
    They ask that and other things in Canada. What idiot would put a check mark on "I'm not supposed to be here - Shhhhhhhhhh!"?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yes they do. The first form I signed for college asked "are you a legal citizen of the united states". Have you never been to college? I can't remember how many times I had to whip out my birth certificate for college but it was a lot. That and they require social security number. Hell, they even requested I put my family on record when I was getting my scholarship. Maybe things have changed in the last ten years.
    Doesn't Yale admit students from all over the world ? Not just us born ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    What? lol! If you have a law against something, then you need to enforce it. Gheeze. We as citizens do not get to pick and choose which ones we will obey without the risk of getting caught not obeying one. Laws are there for a purpose. And if it is wrong, there is a right way to change it. :P
    Nah, man, killing is totally cool now. You're a total authoritarian for wanting to keep peace with your country by enforcing rules, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still a criminal, no matter how smart you are. Could have given that scholarship to someone who came here legally, I doubt she completely dusted the competition.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Doesn't Yale admit students from all over the world ? Not just us born ?
    That's what my post was about. To show that you're questioned about that stuff.

So, what did she say on her application? That she was illegal or legal?

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Still a criminal, no matter how smart you are. Could have given that scholarship to someone who came here legally, I doubt she completely dusted the competition.
    Our founding fathers were also criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Oh, man, you got him there! Better take away their scholarships!

10+ Year Old Account
    So we should legalize all crime, I agree.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    "Who cares that you were abused, gtfo." Even though she clearly, is trying to create a better life for herself. Illegal, yes but not a horrible person or hardened criminal. If I was her I wouldn't tell them shit, because people are just awful. But people will be white knights of the law.
    I don't think it's a matter of being white knights of the law, it's a matter of meeting your own needs before that of Mexican citizens.

So we should legalize all crime, I agree.
    Any law that restricts a victimless action is a restriction in freedom... do the math,

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    American Idol is over now though, what will we do!!!!
    Master Chef and not supporting kids.

Perhaps government should extend citizenship to her, she would clearly be an asset to the country. It wouldn't be the first time the government has seen an foreign individual as an asset and given them and their family citizenship. She seems intelligent and hardworking and preformed better than her peers. We want the best and the brightest, it would be silly not to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    2 things ;

Be funny as shit if La migra showed up at her door and deported her ass since she was bragging about it.

How fucked off is our immigration process that she has been waiting on an application for 7 years ?

I guess 3 things - how fucked up is our enforcement of laws against illegal immigrants if this chick has been here 7 years and went to a high school and got a diploma and accepted to yale without proper documentation. I just had to get a birth certificate for my son to start school. She didn't have to show citizen or proof of birth when first starting school ? And how did they know what grade she should be in if she didn't have transfer records from old school ?
    They could have applied for refugee status or permanent residency but didn't or was denied.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2016-06-11 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'll wait while you dig up the exact federal law that criminalizes unlawful presence.

Not evading border security. Which she didn't do. Unlawful presence.
    Well since her presence here is not through proper immigration agents and venues then I'd think it would fall easily under Section 1325 in Title 8 of the United States Code which can be seen here https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!

10+ Year Old Account
    She did enter legally. She's just unlawfully present in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Perhaps government should extend citizenship to her, she would clearly be an asset to the country. It wouldn't be the first time the government has seen an foreign individual as an asset and given them and their family citizenship. She seems intelligent and hardworking and preformed better than her peers. We want the best and the brightest, it would be silly not to do so.
    Seriously. She managed to graduate valedictorian in a state with 27% high school drop out rate, and get into Yale with limited resources. Why would you want to give somebody like this back to Mexico? Keep her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Again, what law? Be specific. Cite the federal law that criminalizes unlawful presence.
    And Because my early post showed law against illegal entry and i see people saying she had a visa that expired here is law congress signed into effect INA § 222(g) "Visa Overstays" and INA § 212(a)(9)(B) "Aliens Unlawfully Present" Source: https://www.temple.edu/isss/immigration/overstay.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelmc454 View Post
    Well since her presence here is not through proper immigration agents and venues then I'd think it would fall easily under Section 1325 in Title 8 of the United States Code which can be seen here https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1325
    Yeah @Endus already covered that, I believe that one covers illegal entry...she entered legally.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, the existence of a law is not a justification for it. Your comment is one of an authoritarian. And if you support a law which restricts a victimless action, then you oppose freedom. I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to comprehend.
    Oh bullshit. I support laws I even do not like. My comment is called practicing being a law abiding citizen. Like I said before, even freedom is something we have because of laws. Without those, we could not practice our freedoms. I do not know why this is so hard for you to comprehend.