Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Extremely self centered speech its supposed to be about graduating, not about politics. And yet she turned it into "Me me me me me me me me me" the entire time. Embarassing for the school really.
    No, she turned it into an issue of illegal immigration.

Had it been only about "me," she would have kept her mouth shut.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post

smart people like you are the problem with countries in general..
    What's this say about stupid people such as yourself...voting for the stupid to continue?

smart people like you are the problem with countries in general..

thinking that its okay to break laws and supporting those that do so is sure in the best interest of the country

also, no problem for coming, figured there were enough smart comments like yours in here...

did you also learn nothing in school like this.... illegal???? ...that its wrong to steal, break laws? nor anything about honesty and integrity?
    I learned in school the difference between civil and criminal law (seems like most who post in this thread haven't learned that one yet).

As Endus put earlier, please state the federal law that criminalizes unlawful presence, which is what this is. Take your time...its been about 30 pages and not one person has found said law (it doesn't exist). So technically you are wrong...so very wrong...so ignorant...and just wrong. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Anevers; 2016-06-11 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    As Endus put earlier, please state the federal law that criminalizes unlawful presence, which is what this is.
    Unlawful presence is usually punished by deportation, you'll be prohibited from re-entering the country for a certain period of time, this period depends on many factors. In most cases, you'll lose your right to apply for citizenship in the future.

It's pretty much universal practice. Even Siam has such laws for us (foreigners).

P.S. There's also a fine for each day of overstay. Many countries have it.

P.P.S. Wow, just read US guidelines regarding overstay, you guys are quite kind to your illegals O_o

You dun have any fines, illegals are barred from reentering US for 3 or 10 years, depending on period of overstay. You dun strip people of their right to apply for green cards, citizenship, etc. So lax.

I think that nothing will happen to her, so she'll be granted a green card or even a full-fledged citizenship.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-06-11 at 01:08 PM.

I learned in school the difference between civil and criminal law (seems like most who post in this thread haven't learned that one yet).

As Endus put earlier, please state the federal law that criminalizes unlawful presence, which is what this is. Take your time...its been about 30 pages and not one person has found said law (it doesn't exist). So technically you are wrong...so very wrong...so ignorant...and just wrong. Have a nice day.
    so you have to rely on others to try to make a point, and out of everyone, you pick a mod that is know for throwing as much information as possible in an attempt to confuse those that want to reply and also ban as pleases?

lovely... i will have a good day.. thank you.

as for the "law", why do you think there are regulations in place to deport those who have been caught crossing the border? please make it a good one so that i can have 2 good days in a row (this one is almost over where i live)

so you have to rely on others to try to make a point, and out of everyone, you pick a mod that is know for throwing as much information as possible in an attempt to confuse those that want to reply and also ban as pleases?

lovely... i will have a good day.. thank you.

as for the "law", why do you think there are regulations in place to deport those who have been caught crossing the border? please make it a good one so that i can have 2 good days in a row (this one is almost over where i live)
    Why should I recreate the wheel when it's been done already? It's been established previously in this very thread there was no crime; they entered legally and unlawful presence isn't a crime.

We can debate this more later if you wish but I do need to sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I think we might have to deport the people that are pro illegal immigration as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It's not a crime. Only illegal entry is a crime. Unless you consider a civil offense to be a crime, in which case parking illegally and speeding are crimes.
    Except she DID commit a crime when she entered illegally. She didnt overstay a visa. The article states that she fled to America to get away from her abusive father. She snuck in and therefor committed a crime and they should have cuffed her at the podium and hauled her off to jail and then deport her.

Additionally, I hope President Trump will work with the legislature to pass a law criminalizing illegal presence so we can round up all the illegal aliens and send them back

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    What do you mean? Indo-European specifically references a linguistic family spoken over the greater part of Europe and Asia as far as Northern India. Since when do genetics have anything to do with linguistic patterns? Also, if you're specifically talking about the point of European aspects of some "Native American" languages then I'd recommend looking up the criteria for the traits of Indo-European languages. It's very similar to how Spanish and French are both romance languages, but still sound different from one another except the relationship is much more distant so we're still able to very easily distinguish between European languages and Indian subcontinent languages.

On top of that, the stone tool that I mentioned they did mineral analysis on specifically came from France, so how is that "not really in Europe at that time"?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but having boom boom sticks, armor, the wheel, and domesticated horses at least made the settlers technologically superior . . .
    Genetic markers indicate strongly the migrations of the speakers of said language. Indo-European languages didn't simply emerge but were carried by people who spoke said languages into Europe, just as Native American languages were carried into North America by the people who spoke them. We can show the relationships between the Indo part and the European part via linguistics.

It did come from France, but at the time France was populated with people who weren't the Europeans we know today, Not really anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Yup. That's why this 'waaaaahhh she stole an American's place' complaint rings hollow.
    Actually she did take an American's place. You realize that there are limited spots for foreign students, rights?

Progressives gonna regress, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    No I don't. And to be completely honest, I don't think kicking all remaining illegals out without giving them the opportunity to become citizens is the complete answer either. But with Trump, at least there will be future measures to discourage those wanting to steal from the country.

Talking with some of locals in my Hispanic neighborhood revealed that they are a lot more pissed then I am about this. Their parents and even a few of them did things the legal way, paid their dues and think of this girls actions as a slap in the face. Just a different perspective from my experiences today. Well I guess yesterday but w/e
    I asked this question because I'm wondering if he'd seek her out (given the opportunity) to make an example since she mocked him and bragged about cheating the system. To not go after both girls would be cherry picking and turning a blind eye, immediately after being elected.

Why would you make it illegal? You want the people to get out, not waste money prosecuting and sending them to prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    So she is going to be deported then?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Not really though, eh? The US military's record against the Indian tribes was mixed at best, we only really "conquered" them through political intrigue, scorched earth tactics, and terrorizing their civilians. In straight up confrontations, our soldiers usually couldn't beat theirs, guns or no guns.
    You think guns would lose to bows?

what does federal have to do with it? if there is a state law against it is the against the law... did you not learn that in school? and all you are saying is we need to make it a criminal offense federally. that is where the fuck up is. you not making a case here other than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    The media would have crucified her if she said she was a trump supporter instead of illegal immigrant. Now illegal and a trump supporter, she may be able to stay, maybe.
    She was against Trump. Supporting him would be admitting she should be immediately expelled.

7+ Year Old Account
    The reason you get a ticket and not jail time is because it's not a crime. Of course she's not here legally. But that doesn't automatically make it a crime. Calling it a crime is a lot of extra baggage.
    Yet there has to consequences right? Or else it would be some incredible double standards Saying, that just because she turned out alright, then she is okay to stay, then what stops people from breaking the law with the excuse "ohh, just give my children 15 years and they be like this girl". You have to keep up a standard no matter what.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    It sounds like you have a pretty subjective interpretation of what superior means.

It's hypocritical. American's are afraid people are going to do to them what they did to Native Americans.

It's not intelligent to spread disease and it had longer term effects than just helping them win a conflict.

It's common sense to use tactics that undermine your opponents willingness to fight. Anyway all you're arguing is semantics and the idea that you have access to some objective view of the world (when you're trapped in subjectivity with the rest of us).

- - - Updated - - -

Omg conflict exists people are ass holes, that doesn't justify genocide.
    Are you an American? Are you living on il-gotten land and reaping the good life from massacred people?

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    Because we, a superior people, conquered it. Not too hard to figure out.
    So you just compared your ancestor to the Nazis.. Great job!!

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Didn't you killed millions of Native Americans took their land and placed them in camps?!? How is that your land?
    The British did that. The Americans just were smart enough to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    She's doing it for damage control.

Before her big "reveal" at her graduation, she boasted about it on her twitter page and it went viral. She literally went from a stupid kid whose ignorant of social media to a national hero overnight.

She should do a career in PR or politics. She just needs to make sure her smug and egoist attitude doesn't make her do anything stupid like her tweet.
    That was a different girl. That girl was accepted to Texas U, not Yale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Whether or not they were more or less lenient for somebody of her backstory or nationality or whatever you want to call it, Yale should be turning her down now that she has admitted to being an illegal immigrant. Even more than that, if the law was actually enforced she should be deported. She can become a US citizen and then pay for her college, instead of being given a free ride.
    Federal law does not prohibit states from providing in-state tuition to undocumented students. At least 17 states, including Texas, have legislation allowing undocumented graduates of state high schools to pay in-state tuition for colleges and universities. Texas, specifically,grants two-semester tuition waiver to valedictorians of Texas public high schools, without regard to their residency status. Yale is not even a state university.