Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by konteil View Post
    what is it that seems to have everyone so miffed? is it that you now have to be skilled to pvp rather than rely on gear levels giving you OP numbers or sheilding that cant be breached? im eager to see how i do now that i cant fall back on huge numbers from gear. adds to the challenge for me IMO.
    You seem confused as to how PvP gearing worked in WoD, and how it works in Legion.

In WoD, if you just started out in PvP your gear was effectively trash, this is true. That being said, within a few hours you could be entirely honor geared, and likely own a peice of conquest gear or two.... From there, the conquest cap was a bit longer of a grind, but with the conquest catchup mechanics, and welfare epics from Ashran, 3 RBG wins a week, and the Coliseum (though this one was removed after the first WoD season) it was quite literally the absolute easiest it had ever been to put yourself on an equal gear footing..... Hell, you could even just buy the conquest and honor outright via "Champion's Honor" tokens off the AH, with all the gold you've invariably made remaining vaguely conscious owning a garrison.

Once you had your gear, you where on an absolutely even playing field, gear wise.

In Legion, you are almost never going to be on a level playing field...

First you no longer buy gear, it will entirely be provided via crates, so you know, better hope you actually get a piece you need..... because if you don't, yeah you're screwed entirely and you will be at a gear disadvantage.

Oh, and yes, there are templates.... but unlike WoD gear actually matters in Legion, so no, you will NOT be on equal footing! Those Gladiators who already stomp you? They'll stomp you even harder now, because now they outgear you too! But wait, there's more! because not only are the gladiator's now going to stomp you, now mythic raiders will also have a power advantage over you, too!

But the power differential won't be THAT bad, will it? Well, it's supposed to be around 10%.... which puts it roughly on par with the advantage humans had during WoD, via stat squish making trinkets more powerful (and thus boosting the power of EMFH, relative to the other racials)..... That difference was enough to cause 96% of the PvP ladder to become alliance within a 3 month period.... and over 66% of the ladder to become entirely Humans. Clearly a small, insignificant advantage....

But let's assume that you're a special snowflake of a dragon slayer, and you have all your Mythic PvE gear with which you can fight gladiators on equal gear terms..... If you couldn't figure out how to gear up in WoD and/or couldn't be bothered to farm the PvP set, when it was literally the easiest it has ever been in the entire history of this game.......How do you expect to have farmed up your PvP talents? What do you think your viability is going to be without them? It's going to be an even bigger difference maker than trying to fight conquest geared people during WoD with Honor gear, when you don't even have your actual spells and abilities.

In summary, LEGION IS NOT MAKING PVP MORE SKILLED OR MORE EVEN..... It's actually doing the exact opposite across the board.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    You seem confused as to how PvP gearing worked in WoD, and how it works in Legion.

In WoD, if you just started out in PvP your gear was effectively trash, this is true. That being said, within a few hours you could be entirely honor geared, and likely own a peice of conquest gear or two.... From there, the conquest cap was a bit longer of a grind, but with the conquest catchup mechanics, and welfare epics from Ashran, 3 RBG wins a week, and the Coliseum (though this one was removed after the first WoD season) it was quite literally the absolute easiest it had ever been to put yourself on an equal gear footing..... Hell, you could even just buy the conquest and honor outright via "Champion's Honor" tokens off the AH, with all the gold you've invariably made remaining vaguely conscious owning a garrison.

Once you had your gear, you where on an absolutely even playing field, gear wise.

In Legion, you are almost never going to be on a level playing field...

First you no longer buy gear, it will entirely be provided via crates, so you know, better hope you actually get a piece you need..... because if you don't, yeah you're screwed entirely and you will be at a gear disadvantage.

Oh, and yes, there are templates.... but unlike WoD gear actually matters in Legion, so no, you will NOT be on equal footing! Those Gladiators who already stomp you? They'll stomp you even harder now, because now they outgear you too! But wait, there's more! because not only are the gladiator's now going to stomp you, now mythic raiders will also have a power advantage over you, too!

But the power differential won't be THAT bad, will it? Well, it's supposed to be around 10%.... which puts it roughly on par with the advantage humans had during WoD, via stat squish making trinkets more powerful (and thus boosting the power of EMFH, relative to the other racials)..... That difference was enough to cause 96% of the PvP ladder to become alliance within a 3 month period.... and over 66% of the ladder to become entirely Humans. Clearly a small, insignificant advantage....

But let's assume that you're a special snowflake of a dragon slayer, and you have all your Mythic PvE gear with which you can fight gladiators on equal gear terms..... If you couldn't figure out how to gear up in WoD and/or couldn't be bothered to farm the PvP set, when it was literally the easiest it has ever been in the entire history of this game.......How do you expect to have farmed up your PvP talents? What do you think your viability is going to be without them? It's going to be an even bigger difference maker than trying to fight conquest geared people during WoD with Honor gear, when you don't even have your actual spells and abilities.

In summary, LEGION IS NOT MAKING PVP MORE SKILLED OR MORE EVEN..... It's actually doing the exact opposite across the board.
    not how i read the changelog at all. that wasnt my takeaway so ill continue to put the best face on it and look foreward to enjoying my playing experience!! because at the end of the day its still just a game. if i dont like it i can walk away and read a book or go outside with my kid or something.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    Agree times a million.

I find it hard to believe how people just read something, said by blizz or "popular streamers," and just automatically believe it as true.

Of course most of the people that can get the best gear have no problem with having a gear advantage.

But if you have a different opinion then "you're a casual" / trolled, even if you aren't.