Thread: Pre-patch

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Early access by at least 1 week. Thats what they said. How are people saying 1 week is the same as the prepatch date? (July 17)?
    Anyone have confirmation of the "july 17th" prepatch?
    I've also heard august 2nd so this would be nice to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Namoney View Post
    Anyone have confirmation of the "july 17th" prepatch?
    I've also heard august 2nd so this would be nice to know.
    its not really confirmation but someone leaked 17th on reddit and the same person leaked previous dates too.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    If their plan is to release DH 1-2 weeks before Legion, why are they adding DH gear to HFC?
    Because it takes 2 hours to get to 100... 1-2 weeks is worth tossing in a token in a raid... and DHs will always start at 98... not just the first 1-2 weeks. 100 content needs to be relevant for lvl 98 chars... even if they're brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    There is tokens and a armor set. The armor set does not have a model or set bonuses yet. But blizzard is putting work into demon hunter year in hfc
    Oh right! Although I see 0 reasons to add in a tier 18 set for them. Also breaks that 'immersion' that demon hunters are on AU draenor at this point, when they shouldn't be/aren't.

Deleted
    Is there a source or anything to show Blizz have made/planning to implement a T18 set for HFC?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Also, can DHs do Broken Shore at all?
    Currently on Beta DHs skip the Broken Shore event. I doubt this will change.

pre event SHOULD go like this from what we know so far.
    1. Broken shore event happens. we march to stop the invasion before it can get going. get our asses kicked in the process.
    2. We go back to our faction capitals, and there are quests involving the demon hunters joining our faction, as well as the aftermath of the broken shore event.
    3. we get called to Dalaran over Kara. we do the kara/ulduar questline/scenario which sets us up to be ready for legion.
    4. Kadgar tells us to go fight off some of the invasions, defend dalaran etc, he will contact us when they are ready to do what they are about to do.
    5. we wait for legion, It launches. Dalaran goes to the broken shore, we get summoned there, we start our artefact quests.

what we can take away from this and the other info we know (tier bits, weapon drops etc for demon hunters)

They will MOST LIKELY drop with legion pre patch for those who pre purchased. there is no point giving gear for a week or 2 for them if they wont have at least a month in hellfire (they could wear the regular non tier gear if that were the case)

The pre event is actually fairly massive, we do not know if this is all that's involved. but even this lot of stuff is a good solid amount compared to some of our previous events.

The whole setup is done so that the first thing we do in legion is start our artefact quest lines. this is all getting to that exact point. setting up the lore, the stories, getting everyone ready etc.
    Last edited by Mr Draken; 2016-06-07 at 05:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Oh right! Although I see 0 reasons to add in a tier 18 set for them. Also breaks that 'immersion' that demon hunters are on AU draenor at this point, when they shouldn't be/aren't.
    yeah its immersion breaking.... but so is them going back and killing illidan in black temple <_<

but yeah seems they will be out for awhile, and they want demon hunters to be able to do something so are giving them a tier in HFC
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Currently on Beta DHs skip the Broken Shore event. I doubt this will change.
    They seem to be exempt from the questline, but DH can still get on the boat to do the instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    no
    it's just the world event current azeroth+demon hunter starter zone
    no ashbringer for you yet
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They added tier and a trinket from hfc for a new class which is the first time they've done this. Use your brain

Straight from the devs interview on mmochamp

"The pre-expansion patch will contain things like class changes and the new transmog system. A couple of weeks after it is released, the Demon Hunters, Broken Shore event, and demon invasions will be unlocked. The demon invasions will get more intense as time goes on."

You were saying?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes but based on the lore/story/ and actions you take, it is a huge super likley speculation...

its basicly garunteed, just blizzard hasent announced anything yet

also what would be the harm in letting DH come out with the prepatch

the harms of having it come out only 1 week before would be

1.Starting zone flooded all week
    2. no time to gear them
    3. wasted time on giving them a HFC teir set and class trinket
    4. less time for people to learn the class they may main in legion
    5. would be adding more content later on in the same patch and thats just weird

"The pre-expansion patch will contain things like class changes and the new transmog system. A couple of weeks after it is released, the Demon Hunters, Broken Shore event, and demon invasions will be unlocked. The demon invasions will get more intense as time goes on."

Thanks a lot TS26, really thanks a lot. And I mean it

Deleted
    Here's hoping for a pre-patch beginning of july, or sooner.

Makes me wonder. Are classes pretty much finished according to Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    Thanks a lot TS26, really thanks a lot. And I mean it
    you're welcome, but what for? XD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    Straight from the devs interview on mmochamp

You were saying?

- - - Updated - - -

I was saying theyd be in for pre patch and they are. Why did you quote me when youre wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I was saying theyd be in for pre patch and they are. Why did you quote me when youre wrong?
    No, you said they would be unlocked IN the prepatch, and they're not.

Therefore, you're wrong.

I might be a few pages late, but here's proof that Demon Hunters will be given out early to people that pre-order, likely during the pre-patch as the Illidari will set up camp in the faction capitals and will have the quartermasters that sell pre-patch invasion stuff. After all, it wouldn't make sense for the Illidari to arrive as soon as the pre-patch launches, but have players wait until a later date for their DHs.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World of Warcraft: Legion is now available for pre-purchase through the Battle.net Shop! When you pre-purchase, you’ll receive a level-100 character boost to use immediately, along with early access to the Demon Hunter hero class prior to the expansion’s release.*
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...hase-11-6-2015

Quote Originally Posted by MrLordDariusCrowley View Post
    I might be a few pages late, but here's proof that Demon Hunters will be given out early to people that pre-order, likely during the pre-patch as the Illidari will set up camp in the faction capitals and will have the quartermasters that sell pre-patch invasion stuff. After all, it wouldn't make sense for the Illidari to arrive as soon as the pre-patch launches, but have players wait until a later date for their DHs.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World of Warcraft: Legion is now available for pre-purchase through the Battle.net Shop! When you pre-purchase, you’ll receive a level-100 character boost to use immediately, along with early access to the Demon Hunter hero class prior to the expansion’s release.*
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...hase-11-6-2015
    no one is saying they wont come early. People were saying they will come with the prepatch (Read: unlocked the same day as the prepatch) and they turned out to be wrong.

It's on the front page from one of the interviews. Demon Hunters will be in the prepatch but won't be unlocked right away (much like the Legion event) but will be playable before Legion Launches.
    Last edited by Raone; 2016-06-11 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raone View Post

It's on the front page from one of the interviews. Demon Hunters will be in the prepatch but won't be unlocked right away (much like the Legion event) but will be playable before Legion Launches.
    It was always known that they would be playable before legion launches. What people didnt know is when exactly and my guess it will be 2 weeks before launch