Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    It'll only get worse. Once this generation of ultra shit heads have kids their kids will usher in a new age of idiocracy.
    *shudders* Its cringey enough with the changing of lol to lel or lul, I always imagine them sitting there drooling over their keyboard.

Team getting steamrolled every time they went in together. Fuck it, just going to practice Tracer and try to get better with her and man, salty tears about wasting people's money and time, blah blah. They rage quit after the rant.

Least I got some Tracer practice in.

Deleted
    I am one of the salty ones I suppose. I had fun for while, but the games just gets to my nerves now or rather the players do. Game has fun mechanics and cool heroes, but the players are ruining it, with some matchmaking problems in the mix, you have quite bad experience. I try and avoid playing support at all costs now, basically because I often find myself on the passenger's seat, just stuck watching teammates fail miserably at helping you. The first sign of trouble they abandon their support even in 2vs2 or 2vs1 situations.

I don't try to save them -> "Idiot healer, why didn't you help!"
    I go and save them, they leave me behind with the enemy. Enemy kills me -> Whenever I die, my team fails to make progress or loses the objective on defense. Hard to make anything work without a support against a team with support, especially if the support gets help from their team.

I just stick to heroes I want to play, if I get a bad team or dont get to play anything that I feel like practicing on, I'll just leave on the assembly screen, therefore not getting a penalty.

Deleted
    yesterday 3 members of my team flipped out at me because the use of my ultimate wasn't amazing, sure it was a screw up, but it didn't single handedly lose us the game or anything. Now i wouldn't have minded if it was just 1 or 2 comments after i used my ult, but these 3 people (im assuming they were grouped, or were friends) didn't stop calling me names and throwing insults at me for the rest of the game, it was ridiculous, i was going to block them but it was quite interesting just how weird people can be over something so small. We obviously went on to lose the game because half my team spent more time typing insults at me rather than actually playing.

Today in a game, i asked my team "anyone want to play a support?" as we didn't have 1 on the team, instead of just not answering, or simply saying no,the guy who was last to pick his hero and lock in decides that this question alone makes me the worst player on overwatch, calls me bad and an idiot about 10 times and to uninstall the game. This was during the prep time, before the game had even started. Even after someone on the team switched to zenyatta without saying anything or getting involved this guy still continued to be toxic the rest of the game. it was baffling really. We won the game, he wasn't a bad player in all honestly, just toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    This game really needs snipers disabled when attacking, and a limit of 1 of each hero.
    The snipers thing can be annoying but not a big deal. Having multiple of the same hero i agree with though, it's the thing that annoys me most about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Where does this playerbase come from?

Since the release ive seen shitloads of insults,wishing you die of diseases,fuck you etc after tryhards losing matches.
    LoL community or? Never played that and never will.
    Uhh every "competitive" and or FPS game that is teambased has toxic players. What game have you played ? Any? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melra View Post
    I am one of the salty ones I suppose. I had fun for while, but the games just gets to my nerves now or rather the players do. Game has fun mechanics and cool heroes, but the players are ruining it, with some matchmaking problems in the mix, you have quite bad experience. I try and avoid playing support at all costs now, basically because I often find myself on the passenger's seat, just stuck watching teammates fail miserably at helping you. The first sign of trouble they abandon their support even in 2vs2 or 2vs1 situations.

I don't try to save them -> "Idiot healer, why didn't you help!"
    I go and save them, they leave me behind with the enemy. Enemy kills me -> Whenever I die, my team fails to make progress or loses the objective on defense. Hard to make anything work without a support against a team with support, especially if the support gets help from their team.

I just stick to heroes I want to play, if I get a bad team or dont get to play anything that I feel like practicing on, I'll just leave on the assembly screen, therefore not getting a penalty.
    ive kind of started to the same in regards to just picking what i want to play, not always but more often than i use to. on the first couple of weeks after release i was basically playing lucio/mercy in 80% of games because no one on my team would ever take a support, so i took it upon my self to be the support player for my team, but some games i just want to play the hero i enjoy most, i got really sick of playing support is nearly every game. Sometimes i do feel like playing support, or if my team is doing okay and i think a symettra or mercy would really help us i'll usually switch, i just have more games now where i'll play tracer because ill personally have more fun with her.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Using 5 Torbjörns is kinda asking for flames, or an attempt to grief the other team. Depending on PoV.

This game really needs snipers disabled when attacking, and a limit of 1 of each hero.

snipers can sometimes be useful on attacking team, widows ult can be really good in situations when attacking, or picking off defends from afar. i don't like hanzo so much, apart from the occasional time he gets a good multi kill with his ult, most hanzos i see on attacking teams seem to be a bit useless. but wdowmaker is definitely useful in attacking in certain situation.

and yes i'd agree about 1 hero limit, really annoys me when i lock in as tracer or something, then just before game starts someone else decides to lock in as tracer and i feel i have to switch character or when your team thinks having 2 widowmakers is helping the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's that saying? He who shouts the loudest isn't the most knowledgeable? (something like that) pretty much standard for all games these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got out of a game where someone was in the actual company of a female and called all of us faggots. You ever heard a young jersey kid whine about shit in a high pitched voice? That's what he sounded like lol.

I get that people get competitive. I get angry sometimes. But you just don't get on voice chat calling people faggots. Especially when you sound like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Just got out of a game where someone was in the actual company of a female and called all of us faggots. You ever heard a young jersey kid whine about shit in a high pitched voice? That's what he sounded like lol.

I get that people get competitive. I get angry sometimes. But you just don't get on voice chat calling people faggots. Especially when you sound like one.
    Yeah one guy got very abusive because I killed him during his high noon. I can get very frustrated with the game at times but going on voice coms/chat to out your rage just makes you look like a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Futa Widowmaker View Post

Also FUBU.
    All I see is Kaceytron.

It came from since 12 years ago I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Where does this playerbase come from?
    OverHype™

Publisher: Activision-Blizzard
    Last edited by Teebone; 2016-06-12 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasoncb View Post
    Yeah one guy got very abusive because I killed him during his high noon. I can get very frustrated with the game at times but going on voice coms/chat to out your rage just makes you look like a baby.
    *shrug* i dont think there is anything wrong with being disappointed in not winning

but lol you have to wonder about some of these kids the way they rattle things off like that. Got a friend like that. Somehow never got his ass kicked, but you know he's the type of guy that's had it a long time coming when it gets there and know it'll instill some humility.

I criticize my teammates. Tell them to choose better priorties. Get on objective, don't ignore mei/wm/bastion. Tell them "I'm not dealing with this today" and leave. Might snap a little at opposing players talking too much shit. Maybe refer to a particularly annoying enemy Hanzo/Bastion as "faggy ass piece of shit" in party chat.

But straight up start calling someone a fag? In match chat? In voice chat? Time to step away from the game if you're that irritated.

Deleted
    im suprised they didnt just call it call of overwatch it has the same toxic player base as COD, atleast i dnt have to listen to raging squeaky kids

My experiences with salty players in Overwatch have been FAR more pleasant than those I've had with TTT players.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Social - Recent Players <right click> Avoid this player.

And turn off match chat. One massive plus in my books is that Overwatch has this feature. +1 Blizz

Because there has always been, and always will be 'toxic' or 'salty' players. As has been stated already, it's almost a part of competitive games to try and bait other players for reactions. Just seems that as online gaming has evolved the level of insults get worse.

Deleted
    this game is frustrating cos lil kids justrun off and do what they want

With really salty players I will usually check out their social tab (they always seem to forget that everyone can see all their stats) more often than not they are below .500 for their career. Then I either smile to myself, click "avoid this player" in the social tab or mention the fact they are below .500 and that the only common factor between all of their losing teams is them.

Most people are fairly pleasant and or respectable (I'm throwing all the people that never say anything at all in that category). I actually haven't seen 'ez win' in two days! But the vocal minority are just sore losers and some will just spend the entire match bitching and moaning in match chat which is annoying. I just ignore it, even insults aimed at me, and 'avoid this player' to all the whiny bitches I don't want to play with or against again. The only time I may bite is when a player says how much their team sucks and I just may point out how much they sucked too because these people are almost always the people that go running off by themselves doing nothing but feeding ults for the enemy team.