Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If Secondary stats mattered in bgs in the way YOU want, Bgs wouldn't be more balanced and they'd have more trouble keeping it being *fair*.
    Being able to choose secondary stats from templates could still keep it fair and giving player choice. Even with the stripping of all player choice, Legion PVP looks more unbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I think you're vastly overestimating the number of people that will run around naked in BGs.
    I don't. I know many streamers will do it for fun like Venruki for sure. I know I'm going all in naked if it's allowed, at least a few times.

I may have to use this to my advantage
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I don't. I know many streamers will do it for fun like Venruki for sure. I know I'm going all in naked if it's allowed, at least a few times.
    Yeah, that's still a drop in the bucket compared to the number of people who will not be running around naked.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    This is a rather extreme extension of the idea but if they really do want to make PvP more based on player skill than their equipped items, this should logically always be true and I don't necessarily see it as a problem.
    PvP gear is so fast to obtain that PvP is currently not based on gear at all, taken aside when you start playing the season, i'd say it will be worse with Legion since max ilvl gear will be so long to obtain, and of course, people that are doing both PvP and PvE will have an edge over others. I'd say the purpose of the Legion system is to give PvP players another type of progression beside rating

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    I'd say the purpose of the Legion system is to give PvP players another type of progression beside rating
    I dont understand what you mean by that. Currently, a pvp player can progress and work towards better gear and/or better rating.

*Gear by capping each week through any means the player likes and/or
    *Try to get better rating in arena concurrently with capping each week.

In legion pvp gear is tied to rating. Meaning if you cant or dont like to get into rated, as a pvp player, there isnt any type of progression(via pvp).

Deleted
    Reminds me of the time back in TBC, I used to duel naked to try improve myself

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    I dont understand what you mean by that. Currently, a pvp player can progress and work towards better gear and/or better rating.

In legion pvp gear is tied to rating. Meaning if you cant or dont like to get into rated, as a pvp player, there isnt any type of progression(via pvp).
    Old gear progression = New talent progression.

Deleted

Having the best gear is a matter of weeks, you can't work towards better gear for long, not to mention conquest points are capped and you can only obtain a certain ammount of conquest point per week, you currently only need a few hours to be done with the weekly cap.

In legion, you will have reasons to run dungeons and complete world quests, even if you're a PvP players, and you likely wont ever have the best gear, even for PvP, considering titanforged items.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-12 at 11:46 AM.

Think sumo wrestlers, boxing, or MMA.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

This is ridiculous. There will be naked people running all over bgs because GEAR doesn't matter anymore - you don't lose any stats when you take it down.

I really hope they will somehow fix/change it. When you don't have a piece of gear you should lose like 5-10% stats in bgs. Otherwise WoW will look like a parody of a game that it once was.
    TOR had the same problem when it went with a similar pvp system. It was called the "naked bolster" bug. It seems easy to fix. Just disable the bolster unless the player has all their gear (of appropriate level) on.

I can see where it would be harder to keep track of which opponent is doing what if one's not wearing armor and the other robes.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

they should totally keep this. it would be so fun.

I like this idea quite a bit. If someone wants to RP as a semi-naked old man running through a battlefield to get the kids off his lawn, more power to them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevene View Post
    Having the best gear is a matter of weeks, you can't work towards better gear for long, not to mention conquest points are capped and you can only obtain a certain ammount of conquest point per week, you currently only need a few hours to be done with the weekly cap.

In legion, you will have reasons to run dungeons and complete world quests, even if you're a PvP players, and you likely wont ever have the best gear, even for PvP, considering titanforged items.
    No, it's a matter of months. It takes 4 months of capping each week to get the full gear. You can cap whichever way you like. If you happen to start late in the season and you got a huge conquest catchup then yes it takes a few weeks. That's the intent, or should i say was, of the dev team; to have you catch up as soon as possible because gear shouldt be the defining factor in pvp, your personal skill should.

Your last phrase sounds like an awful lot like "in legion your pvp gear will be so garbage that if you dont want to or cant push rating in pvp you will have to run dungeons, complete world quests and farm lfr".

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Otherwise WoW will look like a parody of a game that it once was.
    WoW has been a parody of itself ever since Cata. Not sure why a bug during beta is somehow the tipping point for you.

Deleted
    No, it's a matter of months. It takes 4 months of capping each week to get the full gear. You can cap whichever way you like. If you happen to start late in the season and you got a huge conquest catchup then yes it takes a few weeks. That's the intent, or should i say was, of the dev team; to have you catch up as soon as possible because gear shouldt be the defining factor in pvp, your personal skill should.

Your last phrase sounds like an awful lot like "in legion your pvp gear will be so garbage that if you dont want to or cant push rating in pvp you will have to run dungeons, complete world quests and farm lfr".
    No, it doesn't. 4 months is not so far from the length of the season as a whole, plus RBG give you a piece of gear each week, and the conquest point cap skyrockets as soon as you're above 1700

I don't think PvP gear in Legion will be garbage, but I fully expect having to run dungeons and complete world quests to have a decent gear, and I also think the current system is way more fair than that of Legion, it wont take you long with the current system to be on par with other players, no matter how late and unlucky you can be
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2016-06-12 at 12:20 PM.

Who cares? You can still technically run around naked in a BG now with that Moroes' Famous Polish toy.

To put it more accurately, you can play naked on the beta pvp server and it doesn't matter.

It's an extreme misconception that "gear won't matter."

1) On the beta pvp server, you have 806 ilevel, and can't get much better gear than that.

2) On live server when people are able to get higher than 810, it will eventually be a greater difference than honor gear vs conquest in wod. With noo catchup mechanics.