Lenovo bendable smartphone.

On the one had it's a pretty simple development on the other it's pretty cool so I'm saying I'm ambivalent.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Very nice. I remember seeing concept videos for bendable phones a few years ago. Actually, I just found one from Nokia back in 2011. It didn't bend as much as the Lenovo phone, but it was the earliest one I can remember seeing:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JqyK-3sIzMk

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't really rely on any tech that holds sensitive data from a chinese developer. Especially one the had to be threatened by the FBI after the superfish scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I wouldn't really rely on any tech that holds sensitive data from a chinese developer.
    So then you don't use any tech?

10+ Year Old Account
    How much spyware comes with it?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So then you don't use any tech?
    There are chips and parts that are made in china, but plenty of phones that are not owned by chinese developers.

Nice I guess, but I still rather not wear my smartphone on my wrist, so it has no tangible purpose for me.

Phone looks like shit tbh, Phillips has paper-thin flexible displays that look better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Nice I guess, but I still rather not wear my smartphone on my wrist, so it has no tangible purpose for me.
    That's kind of how I felt about it too. Show me it in someone's pockets next to their keys. Show me someone sitting on it. Hell, show me someone accidentally stepping on it and I'll be impressed. Wrapping it around your wrist is impressive, but I don't think that practical. Seems it would still fling right off the wrist if you moved fast enough, and again, I don't need a big, bulky item like a phone strapped on my wrist either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    On the one had it's a pretty simple development on the other it's pretty cool so I'm saying I'm ambivalent.
    Well, it looks like it could fit either wrist so you don't have to choose.

Totally copying the iphone 6.

Deleted
    There are chips and parts that are made in china, but plenty of phones that are not owned by chinese developers.
    Do you know how easy it is for them to include backdoors in their products when they manufacture them even if they don't "own them"?

Better pull that tin foil a bit tighter, chump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Do you know how easy it is for them to include backdoors in their products when they manufacture them even if they don't "own them"?

Better pull that tin foil a bit tighter, chump.
    Hardware is not software.

Deleted
    Thats great like but.... What's that for?

...Iphones are wholly manufactured in China by a Taiwanese company. Don't be silly man. It doesn't matter who owns the brand or a patent when pretty much EVERYTHING electronic is manufactured in China.

Your argument is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePotato View Post
    Totally copying the iphone 6.
    haha beat me to it.

iPhones did it first, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    For example when you are jogging you could carry it on your wrist instead of having it strapped to your arm. Or if you are a woman you could carry your phone on your wrist instead of having it in your purse (most women's clothing doesn't have pockets, or pockets large enough to hold a phone). It also means that the screen is probably made out of a material which is much less likely to crack when dropped.

- - - Updated - - -

Hardware is not software.
    ...software can and is often integrated into hardware. They build the parts, they could easily do that if they wanted to. (Not without commercial consequences).

Also...Superfish is an American software company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Because they can.

That's really neat, I don't think it's something I would ever use or specifically look for in a smartphone, but it's cool.