Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Be happy that you got anything at all, spoiled brats.
    Considering that the items get Blizzard more money, it helps them far more than it helps the players. Movie hype + limited time skins requiring a subscription

Welcome to the real world, where you dont always get what you want. Get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Notice how the argument is practically one-sided.
    Are there a tonne of complaints about horde not using the alliance themed items ?
    No.
    So stop acting like there is some hugely unfair treatment here.
    You're definitely right. The thing is, I personally wouldn't be against the Alliance weapons being usable by the Horde. I mean.. it would look silly since they're extremely Alliance-styled, but we survived the Garrosh heirloom weapons, too.

The only weapon I wish was both Horde and Alliance was the Gul'dan staff, because the way we know Gul'dan, he really isn't a buddy to the Alliance OR the Horde. I mean, yeah, during WC1 (and the movie), that's different, but I feel like Gul'dan in WoW at the moment is just everyone's enemy, hence why both the Horde and Alliance can get Gul'dan's shoulders (Mythic T17), so it kinda sucks for Alliance warlocks rocking that set and not getting to use a fitting staff.

I think it would've worked better if they made the Alliance weapons, the Horde axe, and another Horde weapon.

I'd say the WoD Gorehowl model, but Grom didn't really play a big role and I have a feeling they'll do something like that if there's a WC3 movie.

So maybe something like Blackhand's.. black.. hand? Maybe this: https://d3fa68hw0m2vcc.cloudfront.ne...127250542.jpeg ?

I dunno, but that way, Gul'dan's staff could have been for both factions, given that Gul'dan is pretty much.. you know the general big bad caught between Lothar and Llane's Alliance and Durotan and Draka's Horde. Then again, the same goes for Blackhand's mace, since Blackhand isn't a friend of Durotan either.

This is harder than I thought. Oh well, what has happened has happened - won't be changed now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valli View Post
    Considering that the items get Blizzard more money, it helps them far more than it helps the players. Movie hype + limited time skins requiring a subscription
    I wouldn't say so. This is one case where they made it as a form of promotion, yeah, but it's mostly just four pretty cool weapon skins you're getting for doing nothing extra. It might reel in more subs from first-time moviegoers, but the movie itself is more so designed to do that anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    Welcome to the real world, where you dont always get what you want. Get used to it.
    Or you could be appreciative yet be critical of something?

Things like - y'know - nuance, as would be expected from an adult?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I wouldn't say so. This is one case where they made it as a form of promotion, yeah, but it's mostly just four pretty cool weapon skins you're getting for doing nothing extra. It might reel in more subs from first-time moviegoers, but the movie itself is more so designed to do that anyway.
    Promotion aside, you'd have to ask yourself how many are resubbing just to pick up the weapons. Considering how much this community loves it's "limited time prestigious skins", I'd say quite a lot are going to pick it up. That's $15 per person who resubs to get it. If this was available when Legion launches, it'd be different, but these weapons will be gone about a month before launch.

The only people getting it "for free" are the people who are currently playing or will be playing due to other means (finishing up CM gold for example). Others will literally be paying $15 just for the skins simply because there's nothing else for them to do.

Promotion aside, you'd have to ask yourself how many are resubbing just to pick up the weapons. Considering how much this community loves it's "limited time prestigious skins", I'd say quite a lot are going to pick it up. That's $15 per person who resubs to get it. If this was available when Legion launches, it'd be different, but these weapons will be gone about a month before launch.

The only people getting it "for free" are the people who are currently playing or will be playing due to other means (finishing up CM gold for example). Others will literally be paying $15 just for the skins simply because there's nothing else for them to do.
    I guess, but playing a game to get something added to said game is not really a sleazy tactic or anything. Yeah, it gets them sub money, and yeah, they probably thought about that, but it doesn't change that the weapons are essentially for free.

I guess, but playing a game to get something added to said game is not really a sleazy tactic or anything. Yeah, it gets them sub money, and yeah, they probably thought about that, but it doesn't change that the weapons are essentially for free.
    I'm not saying that it's sleazy or anything of the like. I'm simply saying that the whole, "Be happy you get anything at all" goes out the window when some people are/will be paying for it. It's no different than if Legion only came with launch content and someone responded with, "Be happy you got anything at all". Well, okay, maybe that's a bit different, but it should illustrate my point.

I'm not saying that it's sleazy or anything of the like. I'm simply saying that the whole, "Be happy you get anything at all" goes out the window when some people are/will be paying for it. It's no different than if Legion only came with launch content and someone responded with, "Be happy you got anything at all". Well, okay, maybe that's a bit different, but it should illustrate my point.
    But when it comes to expansions, you're both paying for the expansion and the subscription as time passes and more content is introduced.

These weapons are just being offered to players playing the game. For players, they're free.

For non-players, or unsubscribed people, they're not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    They need to add

Blackhands Fel Hand, Tarias Dagger, Drakas Sword, Stormwind Polearm, Boom Stick (hi res) & that Orc Tusk Shield

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the sword/Shield would be great for my Belf-adin.
    The raptor skull+spine shoulders would be cool too.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

But when it comes to expansions, you're both paying for the expansion and the subscription as time passes and more content is introduced.

These weapons are just being offered to players playing the game. For players, they're free.

For non-players, or unsubscribed people, they're not.
    Correct, but they benefit from adding them just as much as the players, if not more so. They get promotion and money out of it. Players just get skins. The idea that the players are the only ones benefiting is false, which is what I was pointing out.

"Be happy you got anything at all"

He's right, we should be happy that we got anything at all. But then again, so should Blizzard. I don't believe they're seeing that extra promotion and those few subs gained from it as a bad thing.

The only way I could fully agree with that statement is if Blizzard wasn't gaining anything from this, but they are.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    The raptor skull+spine shoulders would be cool too.
    Fuck yea it would, blackhand looked better here than WoD.