7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    But since you live in SoCal I'm sure your audience was more stoned(and thus more likely to laugh at stupid shit).
    I see where your foundation in criticizing humor lies. Those parts garnered laughs from general audience on both occasions I saw it, so whatever works.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Does a movie really need to explain everything into the smallest details? "Why are some of the green orcs evil and some are not?" How is that even complicated? In real life, there are evil people with different skin color, so is there in the movie universe. The green orcs are judt more powerful because of the fel in them. Is that really complicated? I doubt any moviegoer is scratching their head with that XD

These small things... why act like its the movie's "fault" for not explaining? Instead, put 2 and 2 together and figure it out yourself. The movie explained the things you needed to know about and that was important for the plot. It isn't meant to hold your hand.

Deleted
    I find it pathetic that both mods and users(of the blizzard hating crowd) are so busy raking the movie down.

if you dint like it? fair enough. Obviously a lot of people do.

It might not have been perfect but most of the movies flaws are definately not important.

Just take the movie for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    I see where your foundation in criticizing humor lies. Those parts garnered laughs from general audience on both occasions I saw it, so whatever works.
    In the 2 sceenings I went to, there was a lot of laughing at the funny moments, a ton of laugh at the sheep scene

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    If she let Gul'Dan kill Lothar, he'd have brought so much dishonor upon himself that he'd be killed by the other orcs then and there. Someone else would become the leader (well, warchief). The result would probably be a not-so-crazy Horde which is something the humans can presumably deal with more easily.

Of course, we know that regardless of Gul'Dan staying alive, Orgrim will still usurp the title of warchief, but that's not something Garona could've known. I'm looking at this from her perspective. She had a choice, leave both Lothar and Gul'dan alive or let them both die.
    Ah yeah, now I got it. And you're right, in the novelization is in fact torn between the convenient choice (let Gul'dan kill Lothar and be disowned by the Horde) or the unconvenient one (saving Lothar because she loved him and couldn't let him die that way).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, I could. But you equating Easter eggs with genuine comedy is laughable. Those weren't funny moments per se, they were simply things that made people giggle because they reminded them of the game.
    No one giggled either of the times when I watched the movie at easter eggs because they were easter eggs. People laughed at actual comical moments. Like Taria giving Garona a tiny blade and the latter then asking the former whether she's supposed to defend herself with that. They laughed even more at the polymorph scene. I'm sorry, but if that didn't make you at least giggle, that's your problem, because your sense of humor then diverges from the average person.

There were other funny moments as well. Like the female orc laughing maniacally at Blackhand throwing the horse at those two footmen. The camp scene was funny in the first part, when they talked about mating. There were a few others where I giggled or smiled.

Not that any of this matters? It's not like this is a comedy. It's not like a film has to have even a single funny moment. But this one had a few of those, and that's nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    I want to say some bad bad baaaad stuff about US people right now but mehh, don't want a ban

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    I want to say some bad bad baaaad stuff about US people right now but mehh, don't want a ban
    How the fuck a horror movie did better than a fantasy one?
    At least Warcraft has good legs in EU

After watching the movie more times I realized how everything important is explained in the movie. So if you pay attention to every dialogue/scene, you will understand everything of the story even if you're not a fan.

The only two things that aren't explained are things that didn't necessarily have to be explained in the 1st film, like Garona's real origins, although that may already have been hinted in Medivh's monologue about being the partner of a non-human female, and Garona's speech about her mother being burned because she had her with a non-orc partner and the demon's name, Sargeras, and his origin, although maybe in the film universe the demon is just Medivh himself. We at least know why Medivh got infected: the fact he travelled in other worlds made him meet things like Gul'dan, the Fel and the demon, who infected him
    You see, these two things are not being thrown to the audience with explainations etc, but they are hinted and shown instead of explained.

What else do you guys think missed a proper explaination in the film?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only that, I am pretty sure bad critcs has do to something with it

Deleted
    Maybe this can help convince blizzard that their real market isnt in the US.

An EU blizzard would rule

I'd wait for the actuals. Maybe the real gross is a bit higher. But could be even lower. We'll see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Maybe this can help convince blizzard that their real market isnt in the US.

An EU blizzard would rule
    I think so and I also think that the reviews ruined the OW and I hope for a good WOM in US...

Deleted
    I think so and I also think that the reviews ruined the OW and I hope for a good WOM in US...
    This is a good reason to seriously never listen to reviews.

Unless its by a review'er that you know and generally agree with

Edit:

The paid critiques and review'ers for the big sites and magazines are usually pumpus bastards rating french film noir or danish dogme film higher then movies that have an actual audience in the world(no offence france. I'm danish and i semi like dogme films, but they are definately not for the majority)

Deleted
    About the funny parts in the movie these things got a laugh in the theater i went to.
    -Thrall being cute
    -Murloc
    - Guard turn into sheep
    - Some fun fighting moments like horse throwing, orgrim and blackhand smashing people.
    - the orc sex talk
    - Lothar not helping khadgar when he is on the floor
    and a few other scenes i can't reamber at the moment and hardly and of these are easter eggs except the murloc.

Even with a good word of mouth in US, the release of F***ing Dory will make people lose interest in Warcraft, IMO.

Predictions for China's total gross, reading in some forums, look to be like $230M total.
    US total could be between $45M and $70M.
    Total gross from the rest of the world could end up being around $200M.

With numbers like these, it will struggle to reach the $500M worldwide mark. But we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Why? Most have little or no clue about franchise. Trailers were as generic as you could imagine. Reviews made trailer look like second coming of LOTR. This is no BvS. Worse, it was released 2 weeks after Europe and that was time enough for everyone's grandmother to sh..t on it.

But wasn't the expected $25m for the weekend? If at the beginning of sunday is $24.4m, then there is still time to be higher before the end of the weekend, yes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    Even with a good word of mouth in US, the release of F***ing Dory will make people lose interest in Warcraft, IMO.

Predictions for China's total gross, reading in some forums, look to be like $230M total.
    US total could be between $45M and $70M.
    Total gross from the rest of the world could end up being around $200M.

With numbers like these, it will struggle to reach the $500M worldwide mark. But we'll see
    230M$ is the bottom low I think today it did better than estimated (47% drop from yesterday instead of 60%predicted) today was a working day for China so it's still good
    In US Warcraft is fucked up bad OW and then Finding Dory so I dont know how it'll make something there
    200M rest of the world maybe more
    I hope that some people are right and they will take a lot more from China not only 25%, some are saying 50% some others 50%Legendary 25%universal I really don't know